DVDVR Message Board

The Gadgetry Thread

G5 is sexy as fuck. Aluminum (mostly) unibody, removable battery, SD slot, expandability.... I'm so in. 

S7 aside from looking nice but incremental added the SD card slot. The "whoops, maybe people do like SD cards" trend I'm noticing is very positive.

I never saw this V10 before. Then I went to the website and the words "best smartphone camera ever" jumped out at me. Holy bejeezus, this phone looks great. Removable battery, expandable memory, awesome camera, stellar performance...It's like LG saw what Samsung had planned for the Note, laughed, and one-upped them.

This may cause me to jump ship.

So, Walmart had the PSTV bundle down to 50 bucks. The system, two games (The Keep Movie Game and Sky Copper Thieves in Time) a HDMI cable, a 8 gb memory card, and a dual shock 3. All for fifty bucks.

Setting mine up now.

I like my G Watch R, but I can't in good conscience really recommend it. It's nice enough and a bit of convenience, but it's really far from necessary.

If I forget it at home, I'd never turn around to get it.

• 4 weeks later...

It doesn't really say what the CPU and GPU are, and that's more important than HDD space or RAM.  They said quad-core, but not which brand, model, or speed.

Now, I have a Radeon R5 and an AMD A8 running at 2.5 GHz and it runs stuff equivalent to PS3/X360 stuff, although with lowered settings.  Bit I don't stand a chance of anything current gen like Fallout 4 or something like that.

Edit: looked down, GPU is a R4.  You might get like, New Vegas or something with lowered settings running, and older PS2/Xbox era stuff going.  But anything modern is out.  

Edited by Raziel403
Looked deeper
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

I wouldn't worry too much, you'll still be able to find VCRs still new in the box for the next 20 years. Hell I found an old betamax tape I needed to convert and got a player off Ebay so I could copy it over. Sucker worked like a charm.

• 1 month later...