DVDVR Message Board

DC MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

I'd be down for a more imposing Lex, but I like this reading as a twerp who thinks being the smartest guy in the room is enough to take on the baddest motherfuckers on the planet.

I agree. In addition, for a trailer that is 3 minutes+ of complete seriousness, you need something goofy to break it up.

I'm glad they probably making him the opposite of Michael Shannon's Zod because having two straight villains screaming bloody murder for 2 1/2 hrs would've been tough.

I'll wait for more Luthor before I make any type of complete judgment.

The only thing I'm disappointed with about BvS after the trailer is that they're going to waste time showing the Wayne murders again. The Suicide Squad trailer is beautiful. Can't wait to watch the actual version when it drops.

Waiting for the official SS trailer, but the BvS trailer was decent. Didn't care for the bits with Eisenberg's Luthor, and I still can't get into the idea of Gadot as WW. Still the actual movie could change my mind on both. At the very least I figure I will enjoy the parts purely focused on Batman vs. Superman battle and ideology wise.

The more I watch the BvS trailer, the less enamored I am with the choice of Eisenberg. His voice and presence are neither befitting a character of Luthor's standing. What, was Michael Cera too busy?

First, if odessa isn't interested, who cares? Why question him on that? If someone questioned me on why I don't like Mac and cheese, I would say because I don't, that's why.

Second, the trailer is really awesome...except for Lex Zuckerberg. When Eisenberg was cast as Lex, I had a bad feeling because Lex would be wimpy, sound whiny and not authoritative, and would stick out like a sore thumb. That trailer seems to confirm that. That said, enough looks really awesome that it hopefully elevates Eisenberg's Lex to an acceptable level.

To be fair, Odessa also said the dark tones of comics/movies had done more harm than good.  That's going to lead to someone asking questions.  I think that's OK. No one is trying to change his mind--if it's not his cuppa, so be it.

Asking legitimate questions isn't an insult or that someone's trying to change your mind.  If anything, it means someone thinks enough of your statement to ask for more information.

• Like 1

First, if odessa isn't interested, who cares? Why question him on that? If someone questioned me on why I don't like Mac and cheese, I would say because I don't, that's why.

I asked because the same 3 or 4 people have chimed in numerous times to tell us this isn't what they wanted. After a half dozen times it's fair for me to ask why. I was genuinely interested in their opinions. I read a couple boards where the anticipation is monumental.  It's a message board, hello.

Idk, I guess for me, I don't elaborate because I know I probably won't see it, so I don't beat a dead horse so to speak.  I'm just weird in that I have decided to stop debating things, because in the end, no one is really gonna change their mind on anything.

If you're still hating on BvS, well, this thread ain't for you.

I'll show myself out, lol,

Only partially kidding.  The trailer looked very good, though my excitement is tempered by however many hours I've spent not having much fun at showings of either Nolan's Batman films or various Snyder movies.  It'll probably be a good movie, but not for me if the previous DC movies are any indicator (I do admire the Nolan films for technical merit.  They're just not fun for me).  If I went to the movies more often, or were a fan of superhero movies in general, I'd probably feel different.

Really surprised to learn Eisenberg is playing Lex Luthor.  I didn't know that, so I googled him.  Nothing in the trailer screams "Lex" to me.  With the wacky hair, I was thinking Riddler, Psycho Pirate, Mad Hatter; someone along those lines.

I just realized my favorite recent-ish live action DC movie is probably Green Lantern.  Even I'm taken aback by that realization.  I'm definitely not the target audience for BvS.

A friend half-jokingly said we might eventually get Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Flashpoint Batman, so now I'm a little less bothered by them showing the Wayne's getting killed for like the fourth time in a movie.

A friend half-jokingly said we might eventually get Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Flashpoint Batman, so now I'm a little less bothered by them showing the Wayne's getting killed for like the fourth time in a movie.

That'd be kinda interesting, actually.

Also, in line with that reply I got from odessasteps (thanks, btw), it's funny (in the context of "the grimz-n-grittiez"), that line that Luthor makes about the BvS conflict being "night versus day." Nah, just more like "night versus later that night."

• Like 5

Fuckin' get in!!! Cheers mate.

Suicide Squad.

https://vid.me/NHC9

Yeah. Still up. Would give you a like but run out of 'em already. Looks good mainly Joker and Harley Quinn. So good seeing Harley Quinn make her live action debut on film.

I don't dislike DKR, but it wouldn't make my personal top 25 Batman stories.

Might not make my top 50.

Top five for me. My appreciation for it has increased particularly with the animated adaptation which you still need to see, Brian.

The Snyderverse is not one i really want to consume. I also dont like a lot about the Marvel Movieverse, which is why i dont see everything that comes out. In 2015, there are so manysuperhero movies a genre fan can pick and choose what to support.

I just watch them all. *shrug*

Pretty much me too.

I still have a hard time wrapping my head around comic book super heroes dominating the box office.

Same here. I watch them all and hope the ones which deserve to do well, do.

The Suicide Squad trailer is beautiful. Can't wait to watch the actual version when it drops.

Agreed. Margot Robbie is spot on as Harley and Leto's Joker was unsettling.

In turn I agree, with you.

tumblr_nrc8pbHMoF1rog4w6o1_540.jpg

I like how the Robin suit is inspired by the Batman suit and Batman: Arkham City. Just hope Dick Grayson isn't killed off. You can have Dick Grayson as Nightwing, a Nightwing solo film and potentially Grayson as Batman.

I still have no idea how a Robotech movie even works. Do you adapt Southern Cross/Masters? Mospeada/Invid Invasion? Macross is such an insane can of worms it'd never happen. Do you make an all-new story using familiar mecha designs and call it Ultimate Robotech?

Just do a straight-up, shot for shot remake of "Do You Remember Love" and call it a day.