DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2015 - APRIL

Dolfan in NYC

Craig, why in gods name are you posting here and not watching the South Bend Cubs win on Opening Night on a Walk off Homer!

*sigh* When tickets went on sale, I was all set to purchase three tickets for my daughter, my girlfriend and myself. Then I looked at the date, saw it was on a Thursday at 7 PM and thought there was no way I was doing that on a school night for my daughter. I figured she wouldn't even get to bed until after 10 PM.

Flash forward to yesterday where it dawned on me that I goofed because my daughter is on spring break this week. Ugh. Once again, I thought about getting tickets, but we had pretty severe weather in the forecast. Like, possible tornadoes. Most forecasters were saying the storms would begin around 8 PM and I had no desire to get caught in weather like that. I've had that happened to me twice at Wrigley and it's just a nightmare. Plus, northern Illinois was getting pounded by severe storms and tornadoes. I passed on purchasing the tickets. 7 PM hits and the weather is beautiful and stays that way through 11 PM. We never had any severe weather here.

:(

Stop if you've herad this, but NY and Boston have gone into extra innings and are going all night.

Now in the 15th inning as of 12:29 am. I'm on call for removals until 8:30 am, so I've got some time for extra baseball.