DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2015 - APRIL

Dolfan in NYC

Pardon my ignorance on scheduling and the like, but could they have played in Comiskey(or whatever the hell they call it now) for half a season or something until the construction is done? Or maybe convert a local football stadium or something? As much fun as I poke at the situation(all good natured), having bathroom lines like that verges on the pathetic. . .

Also, I do believe the "pee in cup" photo is bullshit and was stage with some beer cups, but it does illustrate how bad things were.

Considering I have seen drunk dudes at games peeing in cups (and elsewhere) when there were plenty of working bathrooms - I am not sure why you would doubt that the photo is real?

No can do on converting a local football stadium. The only one available would be Soldier Field and no way do I want the Cubs playing on that turf. Shit, I don't even want the Bears playing on that turf. Not only that, but the current Soldier Field can't be setup to host a baseball game. It's been reviewed.

The Cell, or whatever it's called now, presented too many scheduling issues from what I understand. That left Miller Park. Milwaukee is an hour to 90 minutes outside of Chicago depending on the traffic, so it's a short jog for those in the Chicagoland area.

Honestly, they should have just made a request to the Cardinals to shift the schedule to open the season in St. Louis.

Also, I do believe the "pee in cup" photo is bullshit and was stage with some beer cups, but it does illustrate how bad things were.

Considering I have seen drunk dudes at games peeing in cups (and elsewhere) when there were plenty of working bathrooms - I am not sure why you would doubt that the photo is real?

I doubt the validity of it because I've been to Wrigley Field nearly 60 times in my life, maybe slightly more, and I've never seen anything like that. I have seen people leave their beer on the floor, sink, etc., but nothing with someone peeing in a cup. I'm not sure if I haven't seen anything like that because of the troughs in some of the bathrooms or what, but in all of my years of going, that looked outrageous. Obviously my experience is the smallest of small sample sizes.

That said, who knows, maybe it was that bad last night.

Who is whining?

That's also hilarious saying that to a Cubs fan.

As for the game, who knows how this Cubs offense will shake out, but Waino looked pretty great and Heyward looked every bit of why I've wished for so long he could be a Cub. The Cubs left 13 men in scoring position and even started off 4 innings with leadoff doubles. Waino and the Cards defense were just so good, though.