DVDVR Message Board

RAW AUGUST 5TH 2013

Fat Spanish Waiter

I'm almost willing to bet that AJ goes face when Layla turns on her, wanting all the attention for herself (she did warn ALL the divas, as someone pointed out).

Fantasy booking time: Layla turns on AJ and brings in Kharma as her enforcer. AJ begs Kaitlyn to be her partner, but she's having none of it. AJ goes to other partners, who also turn her down. Kaitlyn continually says no, until one night it is a two on one beating on AJ by Power and Glory v2. Kaitlyn makes the save, agrees to a tag team match. Before the match, AJ is jumped, may not be able to compete. Kaitlyn goes out on her own, AJ makes the dramatic Willis Reed entrance, the crowd is going wild, AJ tags in... and immediately starts beating down Kaitlyn.

• Like 1

I'm almost willing to bet that AJ goes face when Layla turns on her, wanting all the attention for herself (she did warn ALL the divas, as someone pointed out).Fantasy booking time: Layla turns on AJ and brings in Kharma as her enforcer. AJ begs Kaitlyn to be her partner, but she's having none of it. AJ goes to other partners, who also turn her down. Kaitlyn continually says no, until one night it is a two on one beating on AJ by Power and Glory v2. Kaitlyn makes the save, agrees to a tag team match. Before the match, AJ is jumped, may not be able to compete. Kaitlyn goes out on her own, AJ makes the dramatic Willis Reed entrance, the crowd is going wild, AJ tags in... and immediately starts beating down Kaitlyn.

I would be down for Kaitlyn being the Sting to AJ's Flair.

Its bad booking. Like, they're setting her up for the big win, and then hold it off for another month, only to set it up again, just to hold it off. How someone loses, loses again, THEN gets the odds stacked against them is beyond me. Watch, they'll let her get a couple of cool spears in just to make you think its time for a win, only to have the ref turn against her.

I really don't get what they are trying to do with Kaitlyn. They make her look like a fool constantly, she is the butt of jokes, everybody turns on her... yet she is still on TV every week.

Getting close time after time but seldom winning the big one, hitting a couple cool moves before ultimately losing and having your so-called "friends" constantly turn on you didn't prevent Sting from being a main event babyface for 30 years.

Why put titles on The Shield if no one threatens to take the belts away from them? I understand what the bookers are trying to do, but just go ahead and run with a Bryan - Cena respect angle while Orton fumes on the sidelines and schemes his way to the title.

The Shield need to be the Horsemen of the mid-card.  Ambrose needs to be beating up RVD or Ziggler while Rollins & Reigns battle the Usos or ToF.

Getting close time after time but seldom winning the big one, hitting a couple cool moves before ultimately losing and having your so-called "friends" constantly turn on you didn't prevent Sting from being a main event babyface for 30 years.

TNA is doing Country Emo Sting and WWE is doing Fem Sting. I wonder if either get it right.

Why put titles on The Shield if no one threatens to take the belts away from them? I understand what the bookers are trying to do, but just go ahead and run with a Bryan - Cena respect angle while Orton fumes on the sidelines and schemes his way to the title.

The Shield need to be the Horsemen of the mid-card.  Ambrose needs to be beating up RVD or Ziggler while Rollins & Reigns battle the Usos or ToF.

They can have Orton cash in his briefcase before Survivor Series and have him defend against someone who is not Bryan or Cena, while those two are part of a traditional Survivor Series elimination tag match with the Shield on the other side.  Not sure who fills out the teams, though.  Henry, the Usos, and the Tea Party Real Americans?  CM Punk, RVD, the Miz, Brock Lesnar, and Curtis Axel?

I am sure it is not intended nor was it planned, but I am enjoying the subtle irony of the collision between a Southern Pentecostal religious cult and a self-proclaimed hellspawn. 

It is wrestling, so I am not offended by the inclusion of Hip Hop into the equation as represented by R-Truth.

They can have Orton cash in his briefcase before Survivor Series and have him defend against someone who is not Bryan or Cena, while those two are part of a traditional Survivor Series elimination tag match with the Shield on the other side.  Not sure who fills out the teams, though.  Henry, the Usos, and the Tea Party Real Americans?  CM Punk, RVD, the Miz, Brock Lesnar, and Curtis Axel?

Well, Punk is elevated so unless the US Title is elevated by putting it on Brock, you won't see Punk slumming it to go after Dean Ambrose.  I love Dean Ambrose, but IMO he really hasn't been pushed as a much of a singles threat if the rest of The Shield aren't around.  That's what I miss about his solo FCW gimmick.

Ambrose needs guys like The Miz, Christian, or Wade Barrett coming after him.

Hell, make Fandango a face since he is so popular, quit jobbing him out, and let him have a run at the US title.  Dean needs an extended singles feud with somebody so we can get a few more of those crazy fucking promos that got him called up in the first place.

The company has a strange insistance on pushing relentlessly pushing AJ at the expense of anyone else she's connected to. Call it the Stacy Factor if you like. So, whatever they do, it ends with AJ, AJ and more AJ!

This is something that I don't think has been stated enough.  She's the only Diva who receives a crowd reaction but the fans could give a shit about anyone who's in a storyline with her (excluding Dragon).  I don't think it would hurt her heat for them to have Kaitlyn beat her decisively and end this never-ending feud.  It might actually even give Kaitlyn a rub.

So how long have they been giving Fandango's music the "bouncing ball" treatment in his entrance video? I cracked up for that last night.

They jumped on that within a few weeks of WrestleMania when Fandangoing went viral and went up the iTunes chart.

Well, Punk is elevated so unless the US Title is elevated by putting it on Brock, you won't see Punk slumming it to go after Dean Ambrose.  I love Dean Ambrose, but IMO he really hasn't been pushed as a much of a singles threat if the rest of The Shield aren't around.  That's what I miss about his solo FCW gimmick.

Ambrose needs guys like The Miz, Christian, or Wade Barrett coming after him.

Hell, make Fandango a face since he is so popular, quit jobbing him out, and let him have a run at the US title.  Dean needs an extended singles feud with somebody so we can get a few more of those crazy fucking promos that got him called up in the first place.

Feed RVD to him to build him up, then give him an extended feud with Mark Henry.

Posted Image

This may be a worse botch than his moonsault against Cena.

Homeboy needs glasses.  I think he has real depth perception issues.  Like when he jumps off the top and has to flap his arms because he misjudged the distance.  Some Horace Grant goggles would do him a world of good.

• Like 1

That'd be an interesting gimmick.  High flyer who keeps missing on top-rope moves because he has a problem with depth perception, so he begrudgingly gets some awkward-looking goggles and starts nailing moves.  Someone's had to have done that on the indies, right?

That'd be an interesting gimmick.  High flyer who keeps missing on top-rope moves because he has a problem with depth perception, so he begrudgingly gets some awkward-looking goggles and starts nailing moves.  Someone's had to have done that on the indies, right?

He'll need new theme music:

• Like 1

I totally see Shield interference after a ref bump at SS. Not sure if that's a good thing or not, but it's happening.

Sadly it will just be a chance for Cena to do the noble thing and not grab the pin.
I remember the Bret Hart vs. 1-2-3 Kid match where Bret got a pin with Kid's foot on the bottom rope, but Bret pointed it out to the ref and they restarted the bout. It wasn't forced; Bret just came off as a decent guy who would do that sort of thing.Everything with Cena seems so forced, even if he is a genuinely good guy. It almost feels like they're trying to guilt-trip the fans who don't like him. "Look at these Make-A-Wish videos! He likes children! You don't hate children, do you?" (tm South Park)
You're projecting.

So should I be apologizing for liking what I like in wrestling?  It sure seems that way.

No, but the CENA ISN'T ACTUALLY A GOOD GUY HE JUST DOES GOOD THINGS AND NO-ONE REALLY HAS A BAD WORD TO SAY ABOUT HIM BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL SCARED stuff is just nonsense.

I'm disappointed that none of you took jabs at the Christian/Slater match; holmes ain't had that good a set-up for a great "name vs. name" match culture reference since he took on Judas Mesias in TNA.

The company has a strange insistance on pushing relentlessly pushing AJ at the expense of anyone else she's connected to. Call it the Stacy Factor if you like. So, whatever they do, it ends with AJ, AJ and more AJ!

This is something that I don't think has been stated enough.  She's the only Diva who receives a crowd reaction but the fans could give a shit about anyone who's in a storyline with her (excluding Dragon).  I don't think it would hurt her heat for them to have Kaitlyn beat her decisively and end this never-ending feud.  It might actually even give Kaitlyn a rub.

True, as much as fans care about her now she's not featured on total divas. They couldnt possibly book her strongly over the Bellas as long as thats show is running.  I havent watched the show just yet but I will say the Bellas have done as good job at being heels as of late. 

Alot of people here shit on Kaitlyns in ring skills but I dont mind seing her wrestling AJ because AJ finally gets to wrestle regularly now, instead of her just showing her character which she's great at.

I totally see Shield interference after a ref bump at SS. Not sure if that's a good thing or not, but it's happening.

Sadly it will just be a chance for Cena to do the noble thing and not grab the pin.
I remember the Bret Hart vs. 1-2-3 Kid match where Bret got a pin with Kid's foot on the bottom rope, but Bret pointed it out to the ref and they restarted the bout. It wasn't forced; Bret just came off as a decent guy who would do that sort of thing.Everything with Cena seems so forced, even if he is a genuinely good guy. It almost feels like they're trying to guilt-trip the fans who don't like him. "Look at these Make-A-Wish videos! He likes children! You don't hate children, do you?" (tm South Park)
You're projecting.

So should I be apologizing for liking what I like in wrestling?  It sure seems that way.

No, but the CENA ISN'T ACTUALLY A GOOD GUY HE JUST DOES GOOD THINGS AND NO-ONE REALLY HAS A BAD WORD TO SAY ABOUT HIM BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL SCARED stuff is just nonsense.

I am personally sick of the guy.  I accept that THE KIDZ like him and that he MOVES TEH MERCH.  I am always told "if not him, then who else?" when there are a few different options that WOULD work if WWE would build them up the right way.  I do not care about what's GOOD FOR TEH BIZNISS.  I care about what *I* want to see.  He's been the same character with the same match formula for a decade.  I'm not even someone who thinks "he can't wrestle" because anyone with half a brain can see otherwise.  WWE seems unwilling to even try anyone else in the top spot, so we got him closing out PPVs while Punk had the longest transitional reign in wrestling history.

Do I even have a point?  Probably not and I'm just venting.