DVDVR Message Board

RAW AUGUST 5TH 2013

Fat Spanish Waiter

Enjoyed Bryan and Cena both going a bit "heel-ish" in their respective promos and not keep doing the whole respect thing for too long.

Also loved the Punk-Brock brawl, i'm loving this feud so far, just two guys that can't be in the same building without kicking each others asses.

It was so hard to follow the rules and not check early in the Omnibus thread to see just how much spooge was hitting the screen during Bryan's promo and how loudly FSW was screaming "FUCK YOU, INDY WEIRDOS" during Cena's response.  Can there be any doubt that they are essentially booking this board? Entertainment Media Content! Vs. WWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRESTLING!!!!! 

Because I AM A WWWWWWWRRRRRRRRESTLER!!!!!!!!

You want to glorify "wrestling" in a gymnasium?  Glorifying "wrestling" ANYWHERE OTHER THAN THE DUB DUB EEEEEEEE?????

Fuck Austin V.s McMahon.  This The Past vs. The Present. The Spirit of the Territories Vs. The Grotesque Reality of The Fed.  The Way Things Could Have Been vs. The Way Things Will Be.

The ROH vs. The FSW

• Like 1

Interesting enough show. Assuming RVD gets added to the world title match?

Kind of wish they had saved Del Rio's murder spot of RR for a bigger program. It looked much better than the normal ring step death.

Not entirely sure what the point of Dolph losing to Big E was.  Or the two of them wrestling on "free" tv, for that matter.

And there was no logical reason to have The Shield standing over the two people in the title match.

And there was no logical reason to have The Shield standing over the two people in the title match.

I was fine with that.  Sadly, most of the match The Shield showed themselves to have been solidified as heels who can only threaten, but not really hurt, the true top Faces.  So, like so many scrubs before them, they were just a minor distraction to what the actual guys were doing.

It's never a good sign when the Faces are so busy fighting each-other that they barely have time to bother swatting you away.

So I was happy to see them get a little heat back?

• Like 1

Not entirely sure what the point of Dolph losing to Big E was.  Or the two of them wrestling on "free" tv, for that matter.

It wasn't about The Shield, it was about Orton being out for himself.

Good show but I would have liked a longer Main Event.

CM Punk is such an uncoordinated dork. I once saw Curt Hennig return to the Royal Rumble after a three year hiatus and with a guy holding each leg and twisted backwards at a 45 degree angle, he STILL managed to swat his gum perfectly.

Punk missed by a mile from an Indian Deathlock. How embarrassing.

• Like 6

"Paul, say something stupid".  And then Paul proceeded to say something stupid  :lol:

So are we going to get an inferno match between Kane and Bray Wyatt 

How great was it the Punk mentioned Heenan's family, and then we got such a Heenan family post-match group backstage interview.  I fucking LOVED that.

• Like 1

It wasn't about The Shield, it was about Orton being out for himself.

Then Orton should've been standing triumphant.

Unless tomorrow night they're doing some kind of rematch, that is.