DVDVR Message Board

RAW AUGUST 5TH 2013

Fat Spanish Waiter

Pretty clearly a tainted loss to build up to Dolph/Kaitlyn-AJ/Big E, and a way to build The Shield back up after they've been an afterthought over the last couple of months. What would have been a more appropriate ending? Cena in the ring while Bryan poses on the ramp saying "YES" and an unnaturally long staredown?

Yes, because quite honestly Cena/Bryan is a match I give a fuck about right now and The Shield can fuck right off with their irrelevant titles and go fight a reunited Awesome Truth on the pre-show. Get those jokers I give no fucks about out of my main event at Summerslam build.

Even when it's going to turn out Shield attacked Bryan at Mr. McMahon's behest?

• Like 1

I totally see Shield interference after a ref bump at SS.  Not sure if that's a good thing or not, but it's happening.

Sadly it will just be a chance for Cena to do the noble thing and not grab the pin.

Ugh. yeah. Shield attacks, Cena grunts "Not like this! Not like this!" then they attack him and Bryan takes the win, THEN Orton cashes in. Worst possible outcome. Almost certainly happening.

I totally see Shield interference after a ref bump at SS.  Not sure if that's a good thing or not, but it's happening.

Sadly it will just be a chance for Cena to do the noble thing and not grab the pin.

I remember the Bret Hart vs. 1-2-3 Kid match where Bret got a pin with Kid's foot on the bottom rope, but Bret pointed it out to the ref and they restarted the bout.  It wasn't forced; Bret just came off as a decent guy who would do that sort of thing.

Everything with Cena seems so forced, even if he is a genuinely good guy.  It almost feels like they're trying to guilt-trip the fans who don't like him.  "Look at these Make-A-Wish videos!  He likes children!  You don't hate children, do you?" (tm South Park)

The Layla promo about her turn didn't make a lot of sense. "ALL the divas better watch out, because I want all the attention!" So she holds hands with the Divas champion, who gets the most attention and has the title...okay.

You can tell the WWE is lettting the soap opera writers handle the Divas because this angle is classic soaps. What happens when the crazy girl gets abused and dumped by men one too many times? They go lesbian. And who gets more attention than the two drunk chicks making out at the end of the bar?

Also, I'm super excited for some sort of Wyatt/Kane gimmick match. There hasn't been a supernatural thing in a while.

I was playing Attitude Era mode in WWE 13 recently and it struck me, of all the shitty gimmick matches that have been beat to death, why don't they do another Inferno Match? The promos last night gave the impression that's what they were hinting at.Of course, this is the company that sends EMTs out with sutures and four inch maxi pads to staunch the bleeding whenever someone gets a particularly deep paper cut. I really don't see them setting anyone on fire.

Pretty clearly a tainted loss to build up to Dolph/Kaitlyn-AJ/Big E, and a way to build The Shield back up after they've been an afterthought over the last couple of months. What would have been a more appropriate ending? Cena in the ring while Bryan poses on the ramp saying "YES" and an unnaturally long staredown?

Yes, because quite honestly Cena/Bryan is a match I give a fuck about right now and The Shield can fuck right off with their irrelevant titles and go fight a reunited Awesome Truth on the pre-show. Get those jokers I give no fucks about out of my main event at Summerslam build.
Even when it's going to turn out Shield attacked Bryan at Mr. McMahon's behest?
What part of "get these jokers I give no fucks about out of my Summerslam main event build" isn't clear?And get Vince the fuck outta here too while we're at it.
  • Like 1

It came to mind because I think that's Cena's legit height.

Watched an old PPV where he was listed as an inch shorter than Angle, who at best is 5'9" (I'm 6 foot even and had a pic taken with Angle at a TNA house show. and he's a good 3-4 inches shorter than I am).

So, bore the general audience to death to convince them to order the PPV that you already plan to order? Give this man the book.

Plan to order? I'm going to the damn show. Like I care what the hell the "general audience" thinks. But last I checked, they cared about Daniel Bryan and John Cena. They cared about the WWE world title match. The last thing we need is Cena/Bryan to end up in a wacky mismatched tag team partners who win the tag team titles right before their title match scenario that WWE loves so much.

Too many damn people involved in this angle already and now they're shoehorning The Shield in there to murk the waters even more? The hell with that.

So yes...The Shield can continue to fuck off and job to the Usos or whatever.

I totally see Shield interference after a ref bump at SS. Not sure if that's a good thing or not, but it's happening.

I remember the Bret Hart vs. 1-2-3 Kid match where Bret got a pin with Kid's foot on the bottom rope, but Bret pointed it out to the ref and they restarted the bout. It wasn't forced; Bret just came off as a decent guy who would do that sort of thing.Everything with Cena seems so forced, even if he is a genuinely good guy. It almost feels like they're trying to guilt-trip the fans who don't like him. "Look at these Make-A-Wish videos! He likes children! You don't hate children, do you?" (tm South Park)
You're projecting.

I'm so tired of the McMahon saga version 10.6 or whatever we're on now. Vince especially has just been awful. Every segment he's been involved in he just comes off as so flippant and too cool for it all. I don't know how anyone is supposed to watch Vince treat the whole segment like it's a joke, then believe that he really would be that distraught if the Summerslam outcome wasn't to his liking.

I totally see Shield interference after a ref bump at SS. Not sure if that's a good thing or not, but it's happening.

I remember the Bret Hart vs. 1-2-3 Kid match where Bret got a pin with Kid's foot on the bottom rope, but Bret pointed it out to the ref and they restarted the bout. It wasn't forced; Bret just came off as a decent guy who would do that sort of thing.Everything with Cena seems so forced, even if he is a genuinely good guy. It almost feels like they're trying to guilt-trip the fans who don't like him. "Look at these Make-A-Wish videos! He likes children! You don't hate children, do you?" (tm South Park)
You're projecting.

So should I be apologizing for liking what I like in wrestling?  It sure seems that way.

The only acceptable ending involving The Shield last night was if Mark Henry came down to the ring and gave them, Orton, Cena, and Bryan the World's Strongest Slam. Then Vince comes out, screams at Henry for "Ruining everything" only to also get hit with the WSS as he shouts about people not paying their air breathing fees on time.

• Like 3

One thing that's being glossed over is the end of DB's promo:  "I'm going to make John Cena tap out." 

IF he wins and Randy doesn't cash in, I don't think there's any better way in the world to make Bryan look like a killer than to make someone tap who hasn't done so in nearly a decade.

Ugh. yeah. Shield attacks, Cena grunts "Not like this! Not like this!" then they attack him and Bryan takes the win, THEN Orton cashes in. Worst possible outcome. Almost certainly happening.

Would you prefer that the Shield attacks and gives Cena the triple power bomb, Bryan covers, Cena kicks out, Cena recovers and makes Bryan tap, Orton comes out to cash in his briefcase and fails?