DVDVR Message Board

2015 Hall of Fame

HumanChessgame

It's the WWE Sports Entertainment Hall of Good PR. People seem to forget that now and again. And it's fine that it's what it is, because it hits the nostalgia mark for us and it gives guys paydays and wrestling isn't a sport. But the only criteria to get in is the ability to make a few bucks off your name, not being a PR disaster and playing ball when the company wants you to play ball. Vince won the war and he gets to define history.

• Like 2

Lanny Poffo had always said that Randy refused entry unless Vince brought the whole Poffo family in - what changed? Who owns the rights to the Macho Man character/estate? Does Lanny? Did Lanny sign off on something?

Lanny talked about it with Randy's wife and their mom and decided to change it himself. He also had say in choosing Hulk to present.

Bundy refuses to fly, so maybe next year in Minneapolis? (that's the rumor, right?)

Where would it be in Minneapolis? The Target Center? That can't be right because that seats around $20,000. I went to Summerslam '99 there and that place sucks. Worst arena I've been to. It's also cold as fucking shit in Minnesota at that time of the year, so there's no way it's at where the Twins or Vikings play.

I also hope they return to Ford Field for 33. If they did, I would make sure I wouldn't miss out on the Hall of Fame like I did when I went to Wrestlemania 23. Stupid friends being more interested in going to Windsor.

I've always believed the last thing Vince wants to accomplish as chairman, before stepping away, is to get 100,000+ at a WrestleMania. He'll pull out the stops, but you'd have to have a perfect build up starting no later than SummerSlam, if not earlier.

Lanny Poffo had always said that Randy refused entry unless Vince brought the whole Poffo family in - what changed? Who owns the rights to the Macho Man character/estate? Does Lanny? Did Lanny sign off on something?

Lanny talked about it with Randy's wife and their mom and decided to change it himself. He also had say in choosing Hulk to present.

I read a quote from Lanny, I forget where, saying he/they decided it was time to stop punishing the fans.

In a horrible way, all this talk about Liz makes me wonder if Lex ever gets inducted. I guess if Sting gets inducted, Lex could be the one to introduce him instead of Flair. Lex seems really with it these days and has looked pretty good in the Monday Night War videos.

Since we're getting Ascension vs. JBL/Booker at Mania I'd think JBL is a lock.  Vader seems like a good pick.  Demolition too.

Wait, what? Is this for real?

Nah just my own speculation on how the announcers ripping on them all the time will play out.

Ah ok. As much as I'd like to think it's an angle that will lead to Ascension working with Harlem Heat and the APA, it seems more likely to me it's someone convincing Vince to bury them because people think NXT is better than the main roster.

In a horrible way, all this talk about Liz makes me wonder if Lex ever gets inducted. I guess if Sting gets inducted, Lex could be the one to introduce him instead of Flair. Lex seems really with it these days and has looked pretty good in the Monday Night War videos.

He's still not very mobile. He couldn't climb the two/three stairs to the stage at Sting's TNA HoF induction. I think his mobility is a bit less than say, Hayabusa's is.

He's still not very mobile. He couldn't climb the two/three stairs to the stage at Sting's TNA HoF induction. I think his mobility is a bit less than say, Hayabusa's is.

Red, white and blue up a hoverround and slap a "Lex Express 2.0" sticker on it.

• Like 2

I would think Savage is definitely the headliner. They always announce the headliner first early and then the rest of the class closer to Mania. Cyndi Lauper is a great call and one I will be hoping for this year. Also think Sid would be a good choice here.

I hope Luger eventually gets inducted, him eventually inducting Sting is probably more likely than going in the same class as Sting. If next year is in TX, it seems like they should have a solid amount of options to induct to tie in there with Taker and/or Sting, the Freebirds, JBL, etc.

Ah man, really? That's pretty sad. I thought he had mostly recovered from his stroke.

Elizabeth needs to go in this year, or she's most likely not making it in at all. i am 1000% behind a Macho/Liz joint induction also, just because their careers are so intertwined and they're both dead now. that sounds very morbid as i type it.

otherwise, i think the biggest likeliest names would be Nash and Vader. i'd like to see a Japanese entrant. i agree that Muta should be an obvious choice. Jushin Liger could also fill this slot.

if the Dudley Boyz didn't re-sign with TNA, i could see them being the tag team inductee. Demolition (previously mentioned) also makes a lot of sense.

edit:

celebrity wing: Tiny Lister / Zeus.  i know this isn't very likely, but he was Macho's tag partner for a couple matches, so why not?  when i was a kid i knew he was a scary mofo and there was no way Hogan would beat him. i can't think of anybody else right off the bat.