DVDVR Message Board

2015 Hall of Fame

HumanChessgame

I think Vader has to get in at some point. DDP too because of his work in WCW and his work outside of WWE. Sting also has to be a lock this year.

Let's see...Flair inducts Sting, Jake inducts DDP, and Mick Foley inducts Vader?

Don't they like to have at least half the inductees actually be alive at the time of their induction? Because with the headliner being Savage...

I think DDP should go in. Even though he realistically did bugger all in the WWF, his WCW status and his post-Wrestling achievements should count for enough. And he basically saved the 2014 HOF show by getting Jake and Razor clean.

Is JYD in? Because he headlined in New Orleans, right? And how about the Freebirds? Hayes, Garvin and Roberts are all still with us (and Hayes has been part of WWE backstage for so long, it'd be nice to see him get his due).

Actually, Buddy Jack passed away in 2012.

Yeah this is kind of a tough one, and i feel like in the coming years its gonna get even tougher. Like in two years when we're all like "Really, their inducting Steve Blackman?" But anyway, i gotta think the Demos go in, Ray Stevens, can't have Savage with no Elisabeth, JBL I'd save for Texas, ditto Freebirds, maybe Hodge and I'm surprised Lauper hasn't been inducted yet.

I thought Mickie had mended fences with WWE already, there was an "Where Are They Now?" article about her on WWE.com a while back IIRC, That's why I mentioned her. It's not a legit Hall of Fame anyway like most sports ones are and the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, but I think they should induct the Divas/Valets who have had an impact in WWE and/or are former Divas champions. I don't know if Medusa would get the nod, since she had heat for dropping the WWF Women's belt in the trash but, I think they should induct like Sable, Molly Holly, Victoria, Ivory et al first, before they start inducting Torrie, Stacy etc. I doubt whether Chyna will ever be inducted, but if we're going by merit, she is a former Divas champ and part of one of WWE's most successful factions in DX< so in theory she should go in. I think we'll see some World Class affiliated inductions next year, for sure, so the Freebirds should be a lock then. I'd like to see Gary Hart go in next year too, but I don't know if he would be on the WWE radar. As the years go on the list of marquee level talent being induced will dwindle. However Rocky hasn't go in yet and nor has Taker, but I'm thinking he'll definitely go in next year. 

I still think they'll go with Sting this year & Taker next year since he's from Texas. I do think Macho could headline but they usually like the Hall of Fame show to end on a high note. Having Randy's induction closing the show would end on a downer because of the fact that he's not there. Maybe if they did it right and had Lanny re-cite a cool poem about him and his accomplishments in WWE etc, a nice video package and something classy it could end on a high note. I'd also like to see Randy & Liz inducted at the same time, because it would seem kinda fitting, you know. But I don't think WWE likes too many posthumous inductions in one year and maybe they should have spread the main event guys out a bit more. As there isn't too many more marquee names to go in. There's Sid maybe, but he's not someone that the fans would clamor to see him go in. Maybe if he wasn't with TNA, Kurt would be a good shout for induction. JBL will probably go in next year in Texas along with Taker as the big marquee induction. They could go with Batista, but I think he's coming back in the near future and his last run wasn't really over with the fans. Another name who could go in, is Rey Mysterio. I don't know if he's totally gone from WWE though or if he's on good terms at the moment. Once all the big names go in, they'll be on thin crowd inducting any notable big names, unless they do more posthumous inductions. 

Demolition really should get in, but wasn't there still an issue with the rights to the name?  I thought at least Eady had an issue with WWE still.  Or did that get patched up.

Rock going in would make sense given it's in California (near Hollywood and all that)  It would have made more sense when they were in Florida, but why not now?  I could see Savage and Rock to end it on a helluva note.  Even if he does come back, it'd just be for sporadic events anyway given his schedule.

Yeah, Bill Eadie tried to get rights to the Demolition name in 91 but lost. Demolition disappeared shortly after, Smash became Repo Man and they repackaged Crush as Kona Crush IIRC. Eadie also tried to resurrect the Demo name on indie circuit. In one of their early 2000's annual report they mention it in there, which is interesting as it occurred during the mid-1990's, unless he tried to file a lawsuit again or it still was on going then. Apparently he does now actually own the rights to the name, he refers to it in his RF shoot. Don't know if he has heat with Vince, but if Bruno & Warrior accepted their inductions, I'm sure we'll see Ax & Smash go in if they get the nod and I also think they should induct Crush alongside them too. 

They gave Flair a live mic on Raw for that weird Shield/Evolution angle, and it turned out pretty badly too.

Don't know why everyone is convinced Sting is a lock - he's going to wrestle. They don't like to induct active performers.

They gave Flair a live mic on Raw for that weird Shield/Evolution angle, and it turned out pretty badly too.

Don't know why everyone is convinced Sting is a lock - he's going to wrestle. They don't like to induct active performers.

His emotional breakdown on the Wrestlemania Legends of Wrestling last year couldn't have put a lot of confidence in them wanting him to talk about the past.  He seems like a guy who loved wrestling more than anything else, and still hasn't come to terms with not being able to wrestle any more.  If you want to put him on a stage talking about the good ol' days...with a live mic...good luck with that.