DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 1/30/15

TNA Impact Wrestling - Airing January 30, 2015 from New York City, NY

*Show begins with Bobby Roode coming to the ring for a promo. Roode has the world title with him which he took back from the BDC. Roode admits the title doesn't belong to him but was stolen from him. Roode calls out Lashley and says he doesn't blame him for any of this then challenges him to a match for the title. Lashley accepts but Austin Aries shows up. Aries has the world title shot briefcase from Feast or Fired and wants to cash in but MVP interrupts. Lashley agrees to put the title on the line against all three in a fatal four way match.

*Taryn Terrell def. Gail Kim & Madison Rayne to retain the knockouts title

*Jeremy Borash introduces Tommy Dreamer to the ring. Dreamer calls out Eric Young to talk. Young tells him to mind his own business and trash talks Dreamer, talking about their history on the road together. Dreamer warns him not to burn his bridges. Young calls him a fat loser from New York. They get into a fight which ends with Young hitting the piledriver on Dreamer. Young goes after a fan and takes his chair but Bobby Roode runs out for the save. Young cheap shots the fan and runs away.

*Jeff Hardy def. Abyss after the Swanton Bomb in a Monsters Ball Match. Matt Hardy, The Revolution, and the Wolves all got involved in the match. Afterwards, Storm slapped Abyss for losing.

*Mark Andrews & Rockstar Spud def. The BroMans when Andrews used a shooting star press. After the match, Ethan Carter III & Tyrus attacked Andrews & Spud.

*Lashley def. Austin Aries, Bobby Roode, & MVP after the Spear on Aries to retain the TNA World Title. Eric Young interfered and took out Roode during the match. After the match, The BDC attack Lashley and Aries until Kurt Angle & Gunner make the save. Angle invites Lashley to join Team Angle in Lethal Lockdown against the BDC but Lashley refuses.

So because EY didn't get a title shot from Roode - he has become king dick including attacking fans.

Okay...

Oh and just because it wasn't clear - Aries didn't have to cash in his title shot to be a part of that 4-way. So yay?!?!?!?!

*Show begins with Bobby Roode coming to the ring for a promo. Roode has the world title with him which he took back from the BDC. Roode admits the title doesn't belong to him but was stolen from him. Roode calls out Lashley and says he doesn't blame him for any of this then challenges him to a match for the title. Lashley accepts but Austin Aries shows up. Aries has the world title shot briefcase from Feast or Fired and wants to cash in but MVP interrupts. Lashley agrees to put the title on the line against all three in a fatal four way match.

I'm a big fan of the prestigious 'Feast of Fired' briefcase.  Aries: "I deserve a title shot because I won the briefcase!" MVP: "I deserve a title shot because I'm interrupting!" Lashley: "You both make a good case, title shots for everyone!"

• Like 2

I'm a big fan of the prestigious 'Feast of Fired' briefcase.  Aries: "I deserve a title shot because I won the briefcase!" MVP: "I deserve a title shot because I'm interrupting!" Lashley: "You both make a good case, title shots for everyone!"

Lashley should do it like he's Oprah.

"You get a title shot, and you get a title shot, EVERYBODY GETS A TITLE SHOT"

• Like 2

Lashley should do it like he's Oprah.

"You get a title shot, and you get a title shot, EVERYBODY GETS A TITLE SHOT"

I was gonna do that!

• 3 weeks later...

The show started and everyone talked and talked and talked. I dug the 4-way match by the end of it all. I like Lashley being a confident face champion who didn't make Aries cash in to get a shot in the four way. Lockdown was mentioned as being next week for the first time ever, in an ad, and they announced Team Angle vs. the BDC and showed a dive off the cage from Spud. KOs 3-way was pretty good. Everyone shined in it and they even got something out of the Ferrell movie deal. EY-Dreamer was a bad idea in theory, but it worked out well with EY taking him out and then Roode making a save. Loved Jeff Hardy's wacky promo rattling off weapons he'd use to destroy Abyss tonight.

The Bram-Magnus saga was great. It starts off with Magnus going to a bar, he and Bram mending fences by talking it out. Magnus apologized if he was offended by grabbing the case, but Bram was out of it and he had to make a judgment call. He got the tag title case and who did he think his partner would be? Bram cools off a bit and asks to see Magnus's son and they talk about how Bram's anger has cost him before - playing off his WWE firing without bringing that up directly, and then Bram misdirects Magnus to trap him and attack him using the real-life geography of the building they were in. This was way better than it seemed in theory. The Monster's Ball was about what I expected, although I wasn't expecting the backstage stuff. This was a fine way to eave the tag title match into singles matches and Hardy's bump to the floor off the missed Poetry in Motion to the floor was sick.

Loved the Spud and Mandrews-BroMans tag. EC3 making a handicap match against Tyrus made sense, but they've got to stop spoiling so much with the video ads hyping shows up. Amusing little bit with JB saying "competitor number thr...two!" when MVP came out second and Taz ribbed him. Fine start to the title match with some fast action before an ad break. The main event was a really good match overall and a bit more than just a parade of finishers. Loved the dominator out of the chancery and the finish was great too - this was the best match of the DA era so far. The Team Angle reveal was largely good and I like the faces needing a last-minute surprise to even the odds.

This was a "sum is greater than the sum of its parts" show. TNA really seems to have nailed down the format of the show and it results in past events being cited and shown regularly, so things feel important. They also put over the rankings strong for the main event and re-integrated the Biscoff-style shooting outside of the building and talking head bits. 

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/01/tna-impact-wrestling-1-30-15.html

Screens -

a6d12d386037724.jpg

e13bb5386037745.jpg

e29e70386037783.jpg

9c5cd2386044777.jpg

fbff1b386035868.jpg

aa2cd4386035960.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/pto1p1hi29vks2d2opouvbpaugesboh0

TNA showing the Hardy bump that takes him of the UK shows after every commercial break before the match even airs is classic TNA. Reminds me of the Dixie bump. I also loved Taz and Josh celebrating Lockdown airing on free tv like Michael Cole on NXT season 3. TNA isn't bad, it's just there.

This was the first ep of TNA I'd seen in ages.  It was much better than the garbage they'd been putting out, but holy shit, the briefcase is one of the most TNA things I've ever seen.  Other than that, it seemed pretty fresh and a lot of the NASCAR vibe was gone.

You know what I perversely want to see? Tommy Dreamer vs. Kurt Angle.

Make it a Cage match to see who will do something stupider in the match.

The KOs 3-way was really good. The KOs are never afraid to die for our sins. Madison really shone in this one. 

It was really good and Madison did really shine. Maybe she is saving the skullfucker on the steel steps for a future title match or an angle that leads to a blow of a feud.

You know what I perversely want to see? Tommy Dreamer vs. Kurt Angle.

Make it a Cage match to see who will do something stupider in the match.

Oh good lord, the idea of that is interesting and terrifying. Dreamer would cut both his arms off, and then Angle, not to be outdone, would moonsault out of an airplane sans parachute. 2 count.