DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble 2015

Matt D

I didn't cancel because I needed the ten bucks back. I cancelled because fuck this company.

And Bryan/Lesnar was so obviously the best David and Goliath story ever. 99% of wrestling promoters in history have had the problem of whether or not to try to get the golden goose to lay that one more egg. Vince fucking McMahon is the only one who ever gave the goose a kick in the ass and told it to lay silver eggs, goddammit.

• Like 4

Wondering how many "why did they even have Daniel Bryan in the Rumble" people would have typed out "Why wasn't Daniel Bryan in the Rumble" if the WWE actually kept him out of the Rumble.

The counterargument has already been stated, but if they wait a month to bring Bryan back, we assume he isn't available, and the crowd might shit on it, but not nearly as bad as they did.

I didn't cancel because I needed the ten bucks back. I cancelled because fuck this company.

And Bryan/Lesnar was so obviously the best David and Goliath story ever. 99% of wrestling promoters in history have had the problem of whether or not to try to get the golden goose to lay that one more egg. Vince fucking McMahon is the only one who ever gave the goose a kick in the ass and told it to lay silver eggs, goddammit.

All of this. Just, all of it.

What was surprising when I cancelled was that there's no survey asking why you're leaving. With almost any other subscription service you're asked why you're leaving or are given a deal to stay. With this it was, "Ok, see ya! You can always come back!"

• Like 1

The triple threat was the best triple I've ever seen. For the most part, I dislike that match format but all three guys brought it and entertained the shit out of me. Brock is the best thing in the WWE right now with Seth coming in a close second for me. Cena brought it as he usually does.

I like Roman Reigns. He can and probably will be a big star but he's not EVEN ready yet and it's shitty that he's stuck in the position.

I also like Bray Wyatt a lot. I see him as another guy who, with good booking, could be a FANTASTIC asset to the company. I was totally fine with seeing him act as world beater for the the majority of the rumble match.

Jobbing Bryan out when they did and the way they did was....well...dumb, for lack of a better word. Don't waste the dude folks want to win like you would a low mid-card also ran. Seriously, who in their right mind thinks like that. THAT was Vince all day.

Those Bella's are easy on the eyes. Yes, yes they are.

Wondering how many "why did they even have Daniel Bryan in the Rumble" people would have typed out "Why wasn't Daniel Bryan in the Rumble" if the WWE actually kept him out of the Rumble.

But nobody knew he was cleared to go until just a few weeks ago, they could have easily kept it under wraps and let everyone think he is still injured until he shows up and starts a Road to Mania match with someone and nobody is the wiser.

Yeah, because having Daniel Bryan WM plans wouldn't have leaked pre-Rumble. Not a chance!

What if we end up at Mania with...does that make the Rumble ending look better if it's Bryan getting the only clean victory but not the belt from Lesnar and Reigns gets to be the one to start to tie up all the loose ends for the destruction of the Shield

Rollins/Reigns - WWE Title

Brock/Bryan

Cena/Rusev

Sting/HHH

Taker/Wyatt

Paige/Nikki

Goldust/Stardust

Andre Battle Royale

I am watching the Rumble now - because watching a WWE PPV in real time is not my idea of fun - and I got three real observations that I think haven't been said repeatedly:

Rollins is fucking nuts for all those shoulder bumps on suplexes. 

Zack Ryder is over like rover in Philly.

And most importantly, they should have gone with Bray if Vince wasn't they weren't going to go with Amdrag. He's over, a good enough worker, and they built him up very strongly and Philly was into it.

And how is Rollins or Reigns to get the title off of Brock before Wrestlemania?

Briefcase, J and J Security, Authority, random fuckery? This company apparently doesn't care about pissing folks off anymore because "grandpa is in the rye again."

Brock stripped of belt due to rib injury. No defenses within 30 days. Yeah I know he hasnt defended in months, but whatevs. None of this shit needs to make any sense anyway.

Fake Montreal finish, naturally. Granted that would require teaching a submission move to either guy.

And as alluded to earlier, if you think they would have hidden their plans for DBryan and gotten away with not having him in the Rumble, you're living in a dream world.

The briefcase, presumably.

Two guys basically did their best to kill Brock and he still came back and murdered anyone who stood in his way. Brock is basically Doomsday.

I don't see how they can let Brock walk at this point. There's no one in the company close to him right now in terms of presence, credibility, and work rate. Dude is off the fucking charts. Just being in the ring with Brock made Rollins 100% more credible.

Yeah why even bring Bryan back for that? I know they used him to get more eyeballs on the Smackdown move to Thursday, but was it really worth Reigns future as a baby face?

• Like 1

Brock could show up at Raw tonight - or next week if the show is cancelled or any week really - get AA'd through a table after talking trash and then get cashed in on. Getting the title off him wouldn't be a problem. Getting Vince to see logic and reason is.

Of course after that insane man-sized performance last night, the issue I have with the Reigns-Rollins scenario is I think the hardcores/smarks who tend to populate Mania are still gonna make Rollins a super face and boo Roman out the building.

HMMMM. . .

I suppose you could have Lesnar decide that his injuries from last night will take too much time to heal (that would cover up him not defending for months earlier--but now his health is in question).  Lesnar drops the belt and still looks like a monster who can't be beat by mere mortals.

A mini-rumble is called to fill the vacancy and meet Reigns at WM.  Someone wins.  Rollins cashes in, gets the belt.

Rollins is already a Heyman guy, so that works out.

And from being in The Shield with him, Rollins knows all of Reigns' hangups and shortcomings.  Rollins starts playing mind games.  You then have the Rock help Reigns with the mental toughness aspect.  Do videos similar to Rock/Brock, showing Rollins/Reigns working out and speaking on what motivates them. 

It could work.

So, Rollins presumably doesn't try to cash in during the Brock announcement that he's gonna vacate the title?

Wouldn't have to, IMO.  Lesnar simply drops the belt--no fighting to be done at that point.  Besides, you've got too many other guys--Cena, Bryan, Ziggler, et al--who would call foul on that.  And Rollins wouldn't want to fight them all.  So let them battle it out, and take the belt off the winner.  Because it's easier than confronting Lesnar.

Rollins getting it is easy. The entire Authority, Triple H included ,take him out. Brock can fight one man or two but Rollins/Kane/Show/J&J/Triple H/Sledgehammer of Doom would be too much. Hunter gets upset that Brock can't/won't handle Sting which sets the above beatdown in motion. Rollins immedately gets DQ'd in Brock's contractually obligated rematch.

Could do Brock/Bryan at Fast Lane. Bryan goes for insane spot that takes out both him and Brock, Rollins runs in and cashes in.

Or just do a simple Heyman sets up Brock and turns to Rollins.

Getting the belt of Brock is easy...it just requires at least 5 people, a sledgehammer and possibly a shotgun.

• Like 1

So, Rollins presumably doesn't try to cash in during the Brock announcement that he's gonna vacate the title?

Wouldn't have to, IMO.

Guy in the ring is about to give up the belt because he's unable to defend, and Rollins wouldn't have to come out and cash in before Brock says the Magic words to vacate the title?

Okay then