DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble 2015

Matt D

We need justdrew's opinion on that.

Actually, no, not the helmet, can't cover up that hair.

The fact that I shared a bunson burner with the dude and even I think its too soon should let you know what's up. I like Joe. I like his tv character. There are ways he could've been used to further his long-term future, which i think is limitless. It's just WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too soon. 

Was the network cancelation page really down after the show?

It was.

So either it was overloaded by people canceling, or WWE sneakily took it down in fear of mass cancelations, hoping people would cool down after a few hours.

Either way, not a great sign.

Customer Service didn't have anyone on site to manually cancel orders, and were asking people to call back tomorrow to do so. Apparently the CS team were pulling for Ambrose.

Presumably Superman Punch to the diverticulitis scar, brock's achilles heel.

Stomach claw with one hand and half-superman punches to the scar over and over.

or a Frank Mir kneebar. That wouldn't be too ridiculous, right?

Has anyone invented a gun that shoots Mark Henrys?  If he just kept shooting that all night he might have a chance.

maybe a gun that shoots Brock Lesnars

Are you insane?  So we're left with the one Brock Lesnar that's standing on a pile of dead Brock Lesnars that it just killed?

And this is not terrifying how?

Still, this is kinda missing the main problem to me: Mania title matches should only end with bullshit weapon stuff is if the face is turning heel (Austin/Rock). What can Reigns do to beat Brock in a standard wrestling match that seems believable?

He took three FU's, a Curb Stomp, the steps, and that elbow through the table tonight. Nobody has offense that can believably beat him in a standard match right now.

He took 4 FU's, actually. He kicked out of the first on a one count.

Has anyone invented a gun that shoots Mark Henrys? If he just kept shooting that all night he might have a chance.

The Bork Laser.

• Like 5

Has anyone invented a gun that shoots Mark Henrys?  If he just kept shooting that all night he might have a chance.

Are you insane?  So we're left with the one Brock Lesnar that's standing on a pile of dead Brock Lesnars that it just killed?

if we can quarantine Brock Lesnar to South Dakota, we might have a chance

if we can quarantine Brock Lesnar to South Dakota, we might have a chance

Yes.  Let's send him to a cold, harsh unforgiving environment that stimulates hunger and seething hatred of humanity ARE YOU CRAZY!!!!!!

Let's "Wrath of Kahn" him.  That never backfires...LIKE IT DID IN WRATH OF KAHN!!

• Like 1

Cole: Guys, Rusev was never eliminate.... never mind now he's out.

If they turn Reigns heel I think this can be saved. Could also lead to a nice heel Rock vs Bryan wrestlemania match.

Further thought into the Lesnar/Vader team, their matches would basically just be them repeatedly killing there opponents in an attempt to one up there partner, and the end result would look something like what was left of Bill Gates and Michael Flatley when Robot Flatley got hold of them in Celebrity Deathmatch.

Nobody will get that reference but me. I do not care.

• Like 2

In all honesty, I think a lot of people's opinions on Roman would be totally different if he had something like "Ring Of Honor" and "New Japan" in his resume.

Wow. What a huge pile of bullshit. It's been explained ad nauseum that Reigns isn't ready. Steve Austin even chimed in to echo the same. He's close, but he isn't there, and shoving him down everyone's throats is not going to work.

You know what could have maybe salvaged this? Maybe...and stick with me now...but maybe Reigns could have dispatched Big Show and Kane without the help of the Rock. MAYBE it would help to actually look strong when you're going to be facing BROCK. LESNAR. for the championship?

And on that note, my WWE Network subscription is cancelled.

EDIT: I removed all the fuck Gregg stuff because I'm on mobile and didn't see all the other similar replies or the additional 20 pages.

Some random thoughts:

-I can't imagine that Cesaro and Adam Rose had permission to wear those Brass Ring Club t-shirts. I bet they will be punished by having their mega-push halted.

-I expected Sting to make the save at the end of the show after that Triple H/Heyman promo. Nope, not happening.

-Corey Graves regressed on the pre-show. He was talking too fast and tripped over his own words a bunch.

-Why anyone would dive on The Miz after what happened with R-Truth is beyond me. Granted, Jey came up a little short but The Miz could have given a little more than his Roger Dorn olé bullshizz.

-Based on how cut Brock Lesnar has become the past few months, I really think he is headed back to the UFC when he is WWE contract is up. It's been a long time since his abs were visible.

- I felt sorry for Mercury. Normally when Cena delivers the double-decker AA, the receipients land apart from one another. However Noble landed right on top of Mercury.

-There are people who complain about the cameos in the Royal Rumble taking spots away from the regular competitors. I would have much rather seen cameos by D-Von and Raven when compared to the meaningless roles guys like Sin Cara, Zack Ryder, and Titus played. Speaking of Titus, I'm curious if he was supposed to break Santino's quickest elimination record but botched it.

-Mizdow's role in the Rumble was awful. It was the perfect opportunity to do the split, but Mizdow ended up looking like an idiot posing next to The Miz after he was quickly eliminated. The crowd was hot for him too.

-I had no problem with Bray Wyatt's role, but I wish the Wyatt Family face-off would have been clearer. Rowan didn't let the crowd absorb the idea that he and Harper were going to team up on Wyatt before attacking.

-Even Cesaro didn't get cheered a lot in the Rumble outside of the swing. I would have thought the crowd would have gone nuts for him.

On that Wyatt Family tip, they desperately need to get back together because they're all just treading water at this point. Plus, in my opinion, they were better than The Shield. But that's just me. I don't want to see Rowan just fade away into nothing before getting released in the summer. And Harper can put on as many good matches as he wants, but as Cesaro proves, that ultimately doesn't mean much. Bray is Bray, he'll be around for awhile regardless.

And I'm dangerously close to cancelling my sub, not because of the Rumble, but this is the only another PPV in a string of PPVs and random viewings of the Network where the feed is horrible (I can get an HD feed for free without lag, unlike the Network), hardly anything ever loads and when it does, it's chock full of constant bufferings and "please try this video again" after the buffering doesn't work. If I view it on my laptop, everything is fine, except the audio, which is dicey at best, with constant little stops in the commentary. It's not my internet, either, since I can stream Netflix and Hulu 100% perfectly fine.

It's been almost a year, and it's still buggy as all fuck.

• Like 1

Canceled my subscription as well. Such a huge letdown that they would make same mistake as last year. When was the last time Rock got booed? Last two years have ended with Rey mysterio and Rock booed. It's like you gave to go out of your way to make that happen.