DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble 2015

Matt D

Remember when Shawn Michaels, the top babyface, got "injured" in 1996 and came back to win the Rumble and everybody was happy?

Fast forward 19 years later and the company has completely forgotten how pro wrestling works.

should we start comparing worked injuries to legit injuries? (and not sure Shawn 96 can be considered successful enough to say it's how pro wrestling works)

at this point, shouldn't there be a period of time of good health for Bryan before they put the company on his shoulders/neck again?

(...)

interesting blurb from EricR's review on Segunda Caida: "Rachel points out the stupidity of Bryan putting Wyatt on the top rope to do a rana, instead of just pushing him off the top"

Overall, I enjoyed the show.  I loved the Championship match and all of the underneath matches.  Gotta hand it to Brock, he is something else.

As much as I don't like the outcome of the Rumble itself (I like Reigns, but not in that spot yet), I have to hand it to WWE for doing everything they could to make it work and having it be an otherwise very good Rumble.  Enjoyed the Bubba Ray return and Bray looked like a hoss.  So did Rusev.  Bryan will survive and eliminating him rather early was smart so that some of the heat of his elimination wore off by the end.  The biggest problem they had with the match itself is that there were no credible challengers at the end besides Ambrose.  Nobody bought Show and Kane as a threat to win. 

They obviously knew there'd be backlash against Reigns.  Not much more they could have thrown at us other than the Rock.  It didn't work, obviously.  Even Time has picked up on the reaction.  Will be interesting to see how they handle it over the next few weeks and if there are any shifts in booking.  I'm doubting it, but we shall see.

With NXT I'm assuming the Reigns Era will be short lived if Balor can get over in WWE. He has the look that Vince likes and is believable against bigger guys like Shawn was.

Kevin Dunn hates accents so no.

Plus he's a little bitty guy.  Just a little itty bitty guy.

BTW - just because I re-opened the thread doesn't mean it is all WHOO-HOO!!! RIPPA APPROVES!!!! DOUBLE MIDDLE FINGERS Y'ALL!!!!!

Some of you need to dial it down by like a 1000.

Now - since I am not weeding through 34 pages this might have been said already.

I see that they are going Rusev/Cena based on the after show video they put up on wwe.com

Also - I am amused that Nattie had the shit kicked out of her.

Whoops - sorry. Didn't realize when I merged the two threads it stayed locked.

Carry on

Can I give some respectful feedback on the merging? I hate it. When it's done, it resets what the board thinks I've viewed. And then if I'm on my phone, I gotta go through a shit-ton of pages to get to new stuff. This obviously is your board, so it's your call, but my 2 cents is to leave that stuff. Or don't allow thread to start before a show.

I shocked that they have been so committed to Reigns. Usually this is the point where they pull back on someone. They have certainly have reasons to pull back. Though maybe with how people have been reacting to Cena to last few years this is expected. Rock coming out was telling though. They really could use some heels that can talk. Which makes Bully Ray coming in as Bubba a downer. Doesn't help that he is fat again either. Ambrose's arms are noticeably smaller now too. I would prefer not to notice that but if I do so does Vince. Not that he was going to get a push worthy of his talent either way.

It looked like the setup for Mania with Daniel Bryan was to face Wyatt. But if Undertaker works that leaves him open. Looks like this at the moment if Undertaker works:

Rusev vs Cena

Lesnar vs Reigns

Rollins vs Orton

Wyatt vs Undertaker

Sting vs HHH

Not a lot of great options after those guys are off the table. Something like Bryan, Ziggler and Ryback vs The Big Show, Kane and Luke Harper. Daniel Bryan and Brie vs Kane and Stephanie McMahon? Not looking good at the moment. Maybe they think they can make up for last night with Daniel Bryan winning the Andre the Giant Battle Royal. A lot of talent could be going to waste on the show if those 5 matches are all happening.

This was a shit show.  I think the worst part was Show and Kane systematically dumping guys out.  It felt like each guys stood for our hopes and dreams.  Then the complete Roman Reigns failure.  Haha.  The Rock couldn't save that shit.  I'm cancelling my sub to the network.  I'll get next month free, then just sign up for Mania.  I don;t watch it anyway, and really the shows don't make any sense to me, so why should I pay to watch them.  I'll watch RAW out of habit, and just rock on NJPW World.  But that 3-way.  Fucking amazing stuff.  Totally delivered.  

The Ascension worked the NAO?  I imagine that was a horrible match.

Seth has about five more months before the MiTB gimmick expires so unless WWE is going to break with protocol and make WM a go-home show for the forces of evil, time is running out.

Also, Ryback almost paralyzing Big E was a scary moment.  Meltz had a BREAKING NEWS moment during the radio show today.  

WWE knows they fucked up. Vince does not want to rehash last year by adding Bryan. There were a ton of changes to try and do damage control. Apparently Rock''s role changed. Apparently Rock was fucking pissed.

^ jae didn't say this. Rob Naylor did, in a magazine.

He's an incredible promo that people have yet to realise. Plus, his in-ring has improved exponentially in all facets since I first met him. He is the future. Reigns i more than ready; He's going to shock people!

So, that's Vince, Gregg and Naylor* who are on the bandwagon. And possibly Reigns himself.

* Are Greggulator and Rob Naylor definitely different people? Because y'know, company man gimmick, man who worked for the company...

I've met Roman Reigns?

I changed that to say that Rob Naylor said it in FSM. But the board must have changed it back somehow.