DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble 2015

Matt D

So, Rollins presumably doesn't try to cash in during the Brock announcement that he's gonna vacate the title?

Wouldn't have to, IMO.  Lesnar simply drops the belt--no fighting to be done at that point.  Besides, you've got too many other guys--Cena, Bryan, Ziggler, et al--who would call foul on that.  And Rollins wouldn't want to fight them all.  So let them battle it out, and take the belt off the winner.  Because it's easier than confronting Lesnar.

And how is Rollins or Reigns to get the title off of Brock before Wrestlemania?

Rollins getting it is easy. The entire Authority, Triple H included ,take him out. Brock can fight one man or two but Rollins/Kane/Show/J&J/Triple H/Sledgehammer of Doom would be too much. Hunter gets upset that Brock can't/won't handle Sting which sets the above beatdown in motion. Rollins immedately gets DQ'd in Brock's contractually obligated rematch.

Could do Brock/Bryan at Fast Lane. Bryan goes for insane spot that takes out both him and Brock, Rollins runs in and cashes in.

Or just do a simple Heyman sets up Brock and turns to Rollins.

Getting the belt of Brock is easy...it just requires at least 5 people, a sledgehammer and possibly a shotgun.

• Like 1

So, Rollins presumably doesn't try to cash in during the Brock announcement that he's gonna vacate the title?

Wouldn't have to, IMO.

Guy in the ring is about to give up the belt because he's unable to defend, and Rollins wouldn't have to come out and cash in before Brock says the Magic words to vacate the title?

Okay then

And how is Rollins or Reigns to get the title off of Brock before Wrestlemania?

Rollins getting it is easy. The entire Authority, Triple H included ,take him out. Brock can fight one man or two but Rollins/Kane/Show/J&J/Triple H/Sledgehammer of Doom would be too much. Hunter gets upset that Brock can't/won't handle Sting which sets the above beatdown in motion. Rollins immedately gets DQ'd in Brock's contractually obligated rematch.

Could do Brock/Bryan at Fast Lane. Bryan goes for insane spot that takes out both him and Brock, Rollins runs in and cashes in.

Or just do a simple Heyman sets up Brock and turns to Rollins.

Getting the belt of Brock is easy...it just requires at least 5 people, a sledgehammer and possibly a shotgun.

Hadn't thought of that.  Yep, that works too.  Heyman feeds Lesnar to The Authority and slides Rollins in as the champ.  Heyman cuts a great promo about how he can't live in limbo whenever Brock decides to fight MMA or bag Kodiak bears.  So he's advocating for a more stable entity in Rollins.  This sets up a future Lesnar/Rollins one-on-one match.  With Brock also looking to kill Heyman.

Brock/Rusev is the clear money match at Mania if they want to bury Bryan in the mid card. I'd really love to see Bryan and Rollins tear the house down, but Seth will get stuck with Orton who will probably get stale the second week of his comeback.

Oh, and this was the awful moment during that Rock and Reigns promo I was speaking about.

tumblr_nirn5ajpsA1srbyoyo1_500.gif

I cringed so hard when Reigns did that. How did this guy go from complete badass to total dork in the span of a year?

"Our current stars will never be as big as our past stars and we have given up trying"

Jesus Louisus...Brock training on his farm eating random stacks of meat like his kitchen was a churrascaria combine with Rusev training in futuristic Russian facilities would get me to re-subscribe, but only if Rusev beats Cena first.

Every suggestion I've seen thus far cuts the nuts off of the one special thing WWE has left and turns a bad situation coming out of the Rumble even worse.

By that I assume you mean our scenarios ruin the "unstoppable monster Brock" aura they've built up. To that I'd say, is getting cashed in on going to hurt that worse then him getting pinned clean in the middle from a spear/Superman punch combo (which you know is the booked finish to the Reigns-Lesnar match) after he basically no-sold like 4 AAs yesterday?

Jesus Louisus...Brock training on his farm eating random stacks of meat like his kitchen was a churrascaria combine with Rusev training in futuristic Russian facilities would get me to re-subscribe, but only if Rusev beats Cena first.

I can picture all of it, Rusev working out in a sterile, high-tech Russian gym, Brock squatting logs and throwing bags of feed in the snow.... Lana yelling at Rusev in Russian, Paul E holding up punching gloves for Brock, lots of quick cuts between the two. ALL THE MONEYS.

Even before the hilarious outcome, I thought the Rumble was just sort of bad. There was no interesting flow, no real stories...If you're going to build it around being Bray Wyatt's to dominate, why not give him and Rusev that Kane/Big Show spot? Bray, Rusev, Roman, and Dean could have at least been a hot final four. 

I was surprised at how jarring it was to see a company carrying talker step back to 'slightly retarded murderer' when Bubba Ray was in the ring. 

Also, Rusev pulling a chickenshit heel ambush was frustratingly out of character for him. But given the company, that seems like a ridiculous thing to complain about.

By that I assume you mean our scenarios ruin the "unstoppable monster Brock" aura they've built up. To that I'd say, is getting cashed in on going to hurt that worse then him getting pinned clean in the middle from a spear/Superman punch combo (which you know is the booked finish to the Reigns-Lesnar match) after he basically no-sold like 4 AAs yesterday?

There is no right answer. The right answer was Bryan, but they aren't doing that. Everything else is just varying levels of awful.

Oh, and this was the awful moment during that Rock and Reigns promo I was speaking about.

I cringed so hard when Reigns did that. How did this guy go from complete badass to total dork in the span of a year?

Jesus, I really feel sorry for him right there.  At the very end with his arms crossed and not making eye contact...he looks so vulnerable. 

That is the look of a dude that just got shot down after getting up his nerve to ask a girl to dance and is trying to pass it off like it's not bothering him.  I know that look.  You know that look.

This sad man is killing me right now!

• Like 4

The Veeg, on 26 Jan 2015 - 12:56 PM, said:

Craig H, on 26 Jan 2015 - 12:52 PM, said:

I can picture all of it, Rusev working out in a sterile, high-tech Russian gym, Brock squatting logs and throwing bags of feed in the snow.... Lana yelling at Rusev in Russian, Paul E holding up punching gloves for Brock, lots of quick cuts between the two. ALL THE MONEYS.

Greatest thing ever which of course Vince won't give us because millennials something something.

Favorite analogy for the booking today. The WWE screwed up the booking do bad, it turned a Philly crowd, the birthplace of America, into a crowd chanting for Pro Russia, Anti USA Rusev.

I know I was like I'm so morally conflicted over this. I love America and I should never root for Russia, but Rusev, Lana, and Judo Master Putin are just so awesome.

Anyways, the idea of Brock voluntarily giving up the title due to an injury he worked through seems to be a bit unrealistic.

Now if HHH called Brock out and said the doctors found serious injuries. Then the doctors came out and it was Kane/Big Show dressed as doctors. Presumably a giant beat down on Lesnar would then open the door for Rollins to cash in on Lesnar.

Then present a shitty Lesnar/Reigns vs Kane/Big Show match with the stip that Reigns' title shot is on the line and the person getting the pin/submission wins the Reigns title shot

Wouldn't have to, IMO.

Guy in the ring is about to give up the belt because he's unable to defend, and Rollins wouldn't have to come out and cash in before Brock says the Magic words to vacate the title?

Okay then

I get what you're saying.  But in my head (I know, a dangerous place to be) Rollins would decide that it would be easier to take the belt from whoever won the open tournament.  Because while taking it from an injured Lesnar would feasibly work, being chased by a dozen guys between now and WM wouldn't be ideal.  Plus, that would muddy the waters for the Rollins-Reigns WM match.

I think this streamlines things a bit.

Jesus, I really feel sorry for him right there.  At the very end with his arms crossed and not making eye contact...he looks so vulnerable. 

That is the look of a dude that just got shot down after getting up his nerve to ask a girl to dance and is trying to pass it off like it's not bothering him.  I know that look.  You know that look.

This sad man is killing me right now!

I feel terrible for Reigns in general. This isn't his fault, and the crowd aren't really booing him, they are booing the booking of the show. But since Vince isn't coming out on stage, they boo his hand picked golden boy instead. Sucks

• Like 2

Couple of things on the triangle match.  We've seen table spots and finisher kickouts before.  For me, what made the match great was that there was a clear power hierarchy.  Lesnar > Cena > Rollins.  They threw in a couple of Superman spots for Cena to remind you that he was above Rollins.  I loved the idea of Cena and Rollins having to team up to take out Lesnar, then going after each other, not because they're fighting over the pinfall, but because they believe they have a better chance of winning the match against each other than they do even against a hurt Lesnar.  50-50 booking robs you of these sorts of things. 

When Lesnar was down on the outside, Cena and Rollins were doing some really great work, but I wasn't buying any of the near falls because I was thinking Brock had to be involved in the finish.  The longer they went, the more certain I was that Brock had to come back.  Then J&J got involved again, and IMO the match started going downhill a little.

Then Rollins went up for what I was thinking would be a moonsault, BOOM Phoenix Splash, and just when I was starting to think that I might actually buy THAT as a near fall, BOOM Lesnar pops up and is back in the ring again (I was thinking he'd, like, be crawling back into the ring).  Those two moments right on top of each other cemented the greatness.  I'm also glad Cena didn't kick out of the Phoenix.