DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES (2015 & Beyond)

RIPPA

Jazz, more than any other character, has a casting issue. There are plenty of people in the business who can pick up where Don Messick or Casey Kasem left off for their characters, but who the fuck do you get to replace the Scatman?

You don't.  You just rip the audio from the original episodes and cut and paste it with Adobe Premiere/Pro Tools to match what you want Jazz, et al to say.

• Like 1

Pre-orders for the full season of King's Quest are now available on the PSN store. Probably elsewhere, too. It's not a remake of the original game(s) and might be a bit silly for my taste, but this still LOOKS really, really good. I won't be pre-ordering or anything but I'll almost certainly pick up the first chapter when it comes out in three weeks:

So, for Starcraft players, Legacy of the Void just went pre-purchase.  $40 for the standard, which is actually cheaper than I was expecting. I'm still not sure if I'm gonna get it ahead of time, or just wait until it goes on sale, which it will.

• Like 1

N++ (which I had forgotten about) and GALAK-Z finally have dates, and are coming out on 7/28 and 8/4 respectively. Now we just need dates for Amplitude and Mega Man Legacy.

I got N++ pre-ordered with GALAK-Z & Everybody's Gone to the Rapture to follow next weekend.

So, for Starcraft players, Legacy of the Void just went pre-purchase.  $40 for the standard, which is actually cheaper than I was expecting. I'm still not sure if I'm gonna get it ahead of time, or just wait until it goes on sale, which it will.

I saw that and realized I haven't picked up Heart of the Swarm yet. I may just wait until the Battle Chest edition comes out and pay the $39.99 for everything. ;-)

Jazz, more than any other character, has a casting issue. There are plenty of people in the business who can pick up where Don Messick or Casey Kasem left off for their characters, but who the fuck do you get to replace the Scatman?

You don't.  You just rip the audio from the original episodes and cut and paste it with Adobe Premiere/Pro Tools to match what you want Jazz, et al to say.

Not really.  They actually had a new VA for Jazz in Fall of Cybertron who actually did a good job as the character.  Just get the same dude.

So the time exclusive for Rise of the Tomb Raider will be a couple of months for the PC (Early 2016) and a full year for the PS4 (Holiday 2016)

The game comes out in Nov for the Xbox One

I still think they'll delay it to 2016 on X-Bone.

Coming out the same day as Fallout is fucking suicide.

Yes, but this is Microsoft we're talking about. They don't care. They had Halo 4 come out a week before COD Black Ops II so they won't delay Tomb Raider just because Fallout 4 will be out too...

I still think they'll delay it to 2016 on X-Bone.

Coming out the same day as Fallout is fucking suicide.

Yes, but this is Microsoft we're talking about. They don't care. They had Halo 4 come out a week before COD Black Ops II so they won't delay Tomb Raider just because Fallout 4 will be out too...

I think it's more Square Enix's call then Microsoft's. Also, Halo can stand up to CoD more than Tomb Raider can to Fallout.

I remember when Nintendo released Metroid Prime and Metroid Fusion on the same day. That's another level not giving a shit.

Also, Ubisoft (twice) with Beyond Good & Evil and a PS2 Prince of Persia game and an Assassin's Creed game and Rayman Origins.

Without anyone really noticing, Harmonix revealed some more Rock Band 4 songs.  I can only hope that Dream Theater's "Metropolis Part I: The Sleeper and the Miracle" is the grand finale, because if vox, guitar or drums get any harder than that I don't think I want to know.

Amplitude has slipped to December for backers, with no store availability til 2016. It's petty to complain when they're doubling the number of songs (well, 16 to 31) but that was my most wanted game for 2015 and was previously delayed from Q1 to Q3, so I'm cranky.

EDITED to clarify that December is backers-only, no purchase til 2016.