DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES (2015 & Beyond)

RIPPA

Orange Box was successful. TF2 was a nice add-in, but completely overshadowed by other multiplayer games. It was also overshadowed in the Orange Box by Portal and Half-Life 2.

To be fair - I don't really think they were looking to make their money via the console.

I mean when you can make $113 million a year in microtransactions - who cares about throwing a few people on consoles a bone

Overshadowed, sure. But unsuccessful? I don't think so.

Besides, isn't Overwatch free-to-play? People will absolutely try it on consoles. And if it's quality, it'll hold onto them. Consoles aren't oversaturated with f2p games yet. Same reason I expect Smite to make a killing on X-Bone.

I doubt Overwatch would be free to play on consoles.

I honestly think it would be very easily. The people who made Warframe seem to have done better since it appeared on PS4.

All Blizzard has to do is include Sony character skins for Overwatch and people will get it. If they do that cross synergy stuff~! with Destiny and get people exclusive gear and engrams, they WILL support it.

• Like 1

We look like we might have a new addition to games forever in development hell

Hellraid, a first-person hack-and-slash game from the creators of Dead Island and Call of Juarez, will no longer be released this year and has been sent back to the drawing board, according to an update on the game's site.

"We would like to officially announce that our dark fantasy FPP game Hellraid will not be released this year as previously planned, and the development of the game has been put on hold," according today's blog post on the site. "In the recent months we conducted an internal analysis and came to the conclusion that Hellraid, in its current shape and form, is not meeting our own expectations for this project. Therefore, we decided the best course of action would be to send it back to the drawing board and invent our dark fantasy title anew.

"In the meantime, we will consolidate our development resources and focus on further expansion of our Dying Light franchise."

Hellraid was initially announced as Project Hell in August, 2012. In 2013, the game was reannounced as Hellraid. Initially, the game was set for a 2013 release. That was changed to a 2015 release before being put on hold.

Because Rippa is 543 years old and wants those damn kids off his lawn already.

And Tony Hawk is older than me!

I am surprised that skateboarding is still a thing.  The only people that play TH games are people who are as old as TH.

Ahem....

It's their game for the whole month, they can't give you everything at once.

Who asked for "everything at once"? That first video was terrible.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally picked up my own copy of the first one so I can finish it,

I won't let my Arn Anderson die

Did you get Enemy Unknown or Enemy Within? Within is basically a GOTY edition of Unknown. I always recommend going for that and skipping Unknown.

Unknown since it I got it for like a dollar at Gamestop during their last used game sale (it was the same time I got Tomb Raider)

I am kinda okay not having all the bells and whistles. The goal is for me to reduce my backlog.