DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES (2015 & Beyond)

RIPPA

Same here.  Once I got my 360 I got Crackdown and that Zombie game.  I can't remember the name of it but they made more than one.  I never really got into Crackdown but I'd think that on a current gen system it could be a lot of fun if done right.  I wouldn't buy a system for it though.  I will be getting an Xbone once a new Gears comes out for sure. 

Same here. Once I got my 360 I got Crackdown and that Zombie game. I can't remember the name of it but they made more than one. I never really got into Crackdown but I'd think that on a current gen system it could be a lot of fun if done right. I wouldn't buy a system for it though. I will be getting an Xbone once a new Gears comes out for sure.

Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2?

Same here. Once I got my 360 I got Crackdown and that Zombie game. I can't remember the name of it but they made more than one. I never really got into Crackdown but I'd think that on a current gen system it could be a lot of fun if done right. I wouldn't buy a system for it though. I will be getting an Xbone once a new Gears comes out for sure.

Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2?

No it was before those were released.  It was one of the early titles.  I remember part of it was about taking pictures or some shit.  But the fun part was being able to pick up pretty much anything around to hit/kill zombies with.  I remember once coming upon a lawnmower and just mowing down hordes of zombies literally. 

Crackdown was the very first game I played on my 360.

I got Crackdown 2 like a month or so ago and played for like a hour and was like "oof... I am not sure I can do this"

So I am a little surprised they are making a 3 but hey go for it.

Fresh is right though - the online connection for destruction thingy is going to lead to a lot of problems

I said it could... I choose to be optimistic!

Good news: Gears 4 and Crackdown 3 are both scheduled for holiday 2016.

Jesus, I suddenly just realized that after months of not giving a shit about anything that isn't a $20 digital game (eventually I'll get Batman but I am not rushed), we're about to get MGS5, Tony Hawk 5, TF Devastation and NHL all in like 5 weeks. I hope NHL is less of a disaster than last year.

There was a deal at Best Buy the other day that was $499 for an Xbone and a 40" LCD TV. I don't remember what brand the TV was though or if the normal price of the TV would make it a good deal. I think it was the Master Chief collection bundle of Xbone.

It's a $429 TV, deal runs all this week, and it's the 500gb, Master Chief or AC bundle. So it's a $280 discount.

Man, gotta talk to the wife about that one. I might wait until Black Friday/Cyber Monday for a similar deal anyway since I've already been cleared for upgrading our TV then. But an XB1 for essentially about eighty bucks! Damn. 

I got Crackdown when I bought my 360 (along with Smackdown vs. Raw, of course) because I thought the game looked fun and wanted into the Halo 3 beta, and it turned into one of my favorite games of that whole generation...which is why what happened to Realtime Worlds (made APB, which sucked, and then broke up) and Crackdown 2 (utter garbage) so sad.

Did they ever pay off the twist at the end of the first game, or are they continuing that for the reboot at all?

The first one was legitimately great as a game. It had an awesome co-op mode, and the mix between exploration and combat was nicely handled. I think that the game itself is sort of like inFamous: SS in that it mechanically feels JUST like a superhero game should feel re: traversal of the world. Once you get up to being able to collect three- and four-star agility orbs, you feel like a Superman game should feel IMO. In fact, Crackdown and Second Son would be the two games that I would target as the best superhero games ever in terms of their mechanics. They are the only games where I can just traverse the world for hours, seeing how far I can jump, how long I can stay in the air, how few times I need to land to get across the city, or stuff like that.

The second one had the same mechanics, but threw in a random zombie storyline and a day/night mechanic that bogged down gameplay, didn't improve on anything from the first game on top of that, and essentially ended up as a less fun game than the first one. Oh, and it never paid off the ending of the first Crackdown,

in which you find out that the Agency (who your protagonist is working for to clean up the city) has deliberately created a power vacuum by taking all the gangs in the city down so that they can step in and rule as an authoritarian power

• 3 weeks later...

So I kind of talked myself into getting an Xbone because I really like the Gears series which won't be until next year.  But then I said well if I'm going to get an Xbone, I should give Halo another chance at least.  I had Halo 3 on 360 and didn't really enjoy it that much but I might actually get the Halo Xbone bundle.  I just have to decide if it's worth the timing since it's kind of around the same time as Fallout.