DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES (2015 & Beyond)

RIPPA

If it's a halfway decent modern version of Rampage or King of the Monsters, it'll be lots of fun. But no local multiplayer is dumb.

I think it's because the levels are too big, but they're too lazy to implement split screen.

You can do THREE WAY MONSTER DANCES online.  I mean, goddamn.  Me and my friends would play the shit out of that in person.

• Like 1

I preordered it to make some videos out of. When I heard about no local multiplayer, it broke my heart.

Fresh and Cesaro, peas in a pod.

• Like 1

Something I was thinking about:

I just got done with Service Games, Sam Pettus' fantastic book on the rise and fall of Sega. Nintendo is apparently throwing in the towel on Wii U just three years in and already moving onto NX. I have no doubt it will be more powerful and more conventional, but is this their Saturn moment? Even loyalists have their breaking points; I wonder how many people who shelled out $350 for a Deluxe Set on day one will do the same thing.

I'll get an NX, but I paid $200 for a refurb Wii U. SSB4 and various Marios have already made that price worth it to me.

Nintendo is in real trouble. I know they've got this massive warchest that can sustain them for a long time, but I just don't see any way they can get back into being competitive in the console market. Every if they do release then NX and it's way more powerful than the PS4 and the X-Box One, I still just don't see anyone making games for it and anyone buying it.

Nintendo is in real trouble. I know they've got this massive warchest that can sustain them for a long time, but I just don't see any way they can get back into being competitive in the console market. Every if they do release then NX and it's way more powerful than the PS4 and the X-Box One, I still just don't see anyone making games for it and anyone buying it.

If they made a console that was as or more powerful than ps4, fixed the online issues to be more in line with how Sony and MS do it, and made it easy to develop for so that cross platform games were made for it all while still being able to play the big Nintendo titles on it, everyone would buy that fucking thing.

• Like 1

If they made a console that was as or more powerful than ps4, fixed the online issues to be more in line with how Sony and MS do it, and made it easy to develop for so that cross platform games were made for it all while still being able to play the big Nintendo titles on it, everyone would buy that fucking thing.

And remade No Mercy

Omg I agree with you Fresh.. Halfway. They are in trouble. I do think they can win 3rd parties back and I don't even think it would be hard, but they'd have to do very un-Nintendo things to do so. Like pay for one or two really good and really expensive exclusives and lower their license fee through the floor. Will they do that? I hope so but I don't know.

If they haven't learned yet, I have a difficult time envisioning them doing so now. But if they don't, this has to be their last run at the home console market, right?

Are you sure? It will be only 2-ish years after everyone bought a PS4 or X-Bone and presumably, they won't be tired of that yet. They're not waiting long enough, but they also can't wait longer because the Wii U is dead. They're really fucked if they do, fucked if they don't.

In pure self interest, I'm okay with Nintendo going the way of Sega.

If I can play high quality Mario or Zelda games on my PS4 or XBone... I win.

Being able to play Smash Bros on an online network that fucking works and has voice chat? Dream come true.