DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES (2015 & Beyond)

RIPPA

May is Rock Band 4 month at IGN. Today, they had a clueless yutz interviewing a dev with no charisma about the new hardware. Somehow the IGN guy never actually asked for specific improvements in the hardware. Eventually they got around to saying "well, it's new and there's basically no improvements you'll see or feel but we swear they're better." Good grief. Way to be unimpressive, guys.

It's their game for the whole month, they can't give you everything at once.

Not to mention, seems like most of the improvements are very technical and that would sure make a boring damn video.

If there's one thing Ryan McCaffrey is not, it's "clueless".

In this particular video, he was clueless. And I'm not looking for every change to the game but the guy didn't even say "hey, specifically what improvements did you make to the guitar?" You know, the hardware, the whole point of the video. The whole was just really poorly done and did no favors to either party.

Or maybe he couldn't ask that because they haven't made any improvements to the guitar....

Then maybe you don't do a ten minute video on the hardware if it's not improved...

Or maybe he couldn't ask that because they haven't made any improvements to the guitar....

Then maybe you don't do a ten minute video on the hardware if it's not improved...

It's videogame journalism! You don't let a thing like "nothing really to say" stop you!

• Like 1

It's videogame journalism! You don't let a thing like "nothing really to say" stop you!

And now we finally agree :)

Some of the main people behind Banjo-Kazooie had a Kickstarter for a new game.  It's not a sequel, more of a "spiritual successor" (that's what many called it)  It far exceeded their base goal and looks to be coming to damn near every platform.  It looks like tons of fun.

One of the Castlevania producers also just started his own Kickstarter for a new game that's basically a new Castlevania except in name only.  Also already surpassed its goal in hours.  If it reaches a stretch goal, David Hayter will voice the main character.

Maybe Kojima will convert Silent Hills to his own new survival horror game and start his own Kickstarter.  It would probably raise $100 million about 2 minutes.

Yeah, I am entirely on board for Bloodstained.  Glad to see Iga playing to his strengths after the astonishing clusterfuck that was Castlevania Judgement and several years off from the series.  I still need to watch the Let's Play of SotN with him providing commentary.

• Like 1

Guitar Hero Live Initial Set List

The Black Keys - "Gold on the Ceiling" 
Blitz Kids - "Sometimes" 
Ed Sheeran - "Sing" 
Fall Out Boy - "My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark (Light Em Up)” 
Gary Clark, Jr. - "Don't Owe You a Thang" 
Green Day - "Nuclear Family" 
The Killers - “When You Were Young" 
The Lumineers - "Ho Hey" 
My Chemical Romance - "Na Na Na" 
Pierce the Veil - "King for a Day (feat. Kellin Quinn)" 
The Rolling Stones - "Paint it Black" 
Skrillex - "Bangarang" 
The War on Drugs - "Under the Pressure" 
Black Veil Brides - "In The End" 
Rage Against the Machine - "Guerrilla Radio" 
Judas Priest - "Breaking the Law" 
Pantera - "Cowboys From Hell" 
Sleigh Bells - "Bitter Rivals"
System of a Down - "Chop Suey!" 
Alter Bridge - "Cry of Achilles" 
Alt-J - "Left Hand Free" 
Broken Bells - "Leave It Alone" 
Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Higher Ground" 
The Pretty Reckless - "Going to Hell"

Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

The Ratchet and Clank movie, and consequently the next game, has officially slipped from TBA 2015 to April 29 2016. Not sure whether that date is a sign of confidence or no-confidence shitting it out just as the big pictures hit. Regardless, I expect the game to be good.