DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES (2015 & Beyond)

RIPPA

I'm at the point where I have played too many games like Bayonetta 2 and Bloodborne, and the experiences have made the punch-punch-punch-counter type of Arkham/Assassin's Creed combat bring me little fun. I want combat that actually feels like something more than a step above QTEs. 

I will say that this game should be a layup. If you do what is the equivalent of a mod for Battlefield 4, then they've done the bare minimum to make the game worth purchasing. I'm just hoping for space battles with X-Wings, B-Wings, Tie Fighters, etc.

Even though it looks next-gen only, I might have to finally get one for this game. I demand Death Star battles; I have extremely fond memories of the OLD atari arcade game :)

Does anyone else find it absurd that pre-orders are being taken now for the next Call of Duty, a game that doesn't come out until November? I know they give you all sorts of crapola for pre-ordering, and people are gonna buy the game anyway, but still ...

No, not at all. They start taking preorders on every game the minute they are announced. I currently have a preorder down on Star Wars Barrlefront. And I had preorders down for Smash Bros and Mass Effect 3 more than a year before they were released.

I never got Call of Duty once they went away from WW2.

"Yay, ANOTHER FPS set in a robot future" - Nobody

Ummm...Call of Duty Advanced Warfare was the top selling game of last year as of December 14th...Another FPS set in a robot future apparently makes a lot of people excited.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (the first non-WW2 setting) was the best selling game of 2007

Modern Warfare 2 (~$300 million) and Black Ops II (~$500 million) each held the record for most money made in it's first 24 hours (GTA V now holds the record)

So while I understand your point - saying "nobody" was excited about the switch is clearly hyperbole

I don't pre-order typically unless the game is likely going to be printed in limited amounts - the last game I pre-ordered was the physical version of Child of Light for Vita - but I will gladly put up a pre-order for Call of Duty: Civil Warfare set in the Southern U.S., 1863.