DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL: WEEK FIFTEEN

Dolfan in NYC

Am I the only one that dislikes the NFL "No More" domestic violence ads?  In particular the one with Cris Carter and the other guys all "unable to talk"?  I mean, I get what they're going for with the ads.  I just find them really fake and...I dunno, something about them just rubs me wrong.  I'm supposed to buy Cris Carter is moved to tears and unable to talk about this subject when he goes to work every day next to a guy that very possibly killed two people?  C'mon.

And I'm embarrassed that I can only name like one or two of the guys in each ad.

• Like 4

Am I the only one that dislikes the NFL "No More" domestic violence ads? In particular the one with Cris Carter and the other guys all "unable to talk"? I mean, I get what they're going for with the ads. I just find them really fake and...I dunno, something about them just rubs me wrong. I'm supposed to buy Cris Carter is moved to tears and unable to talk about this subject when he goes to work every day next to a guy that very possibly killed two people? C'mon.

And I'm embarrassed that I can only name like one or two of the guys in each ad.

I hate them too. They don't have the balls to actually do something about all the women slapping and child popping, but the nerve to tell other people that shit's not cool.

It bothers me to see Lavaar Arrington in it because I remember when he was doing that awful radio show  (for him not because of chad Dukes by the way) that he was making little jokes about the Ray Rice situation.  

But yeah it is easy to express outrage in commercials when you are being paid by the NFL to say it

Just like the new Personal Conduct Policy, here's another week of terrible football unilaterally forced upon you!  Yes it's another exciting edition of......

Top of the Bottom:  The Quest for the Goodell Trophy!!!

Yes this week is so exciting the three exclamation points were needed!  Quickly, to the rankings!

1) 2-11 Tennessee

2) 2-11 Jacksonville

3) 2-11 Tampa Bay

4) 2-11 New York (Not Really Playing) Football Jets

5) 2-11 Oakland

6) 3-10 Washington

7) 4-9 New York Football Beckhams

8) 4-8-1 Carolina

9) 5-9 New Orleans

10) 5-9 Chicago

Teams Eliminated: Minnesota, St. Louis

Great googily moogily!  What looked like a slam-dunk Raiders "win" has now turned into a five-team slobberknocker!  Not only that we get to welcome the Titans to the top of the charts, meaning they join the ranks of the Jags and Raiders as the kings of terrible football this year!  But serious look at the top rankings, mere fractions of a percent separate those five teams from the promised land.  It could quite possibly come down to the final adjusted strength of schedule to sort this craziness out; truly football at it's (un)finest!  Will Tennessee be able to stay on top?  Over the next two weeks they play two of the teams they are tied with and we are not talking about teams known for randomly pulling out a win here.  It will take some amazing feats of terribleness from the Titans to out-suck the Jets and Jags.  But nothing short of a loss will suffice to stay at the top of the bottom!

Those top five teams should be glad this is the NFL and not the NCAA though, they don't accept co-champs over there!

And how about them Raiders?  They just managed to double their win total for the season and pay the price by dropping down four spots; not to mention probably costing some bookies in Vegas some cheddar.  I hope it was worth it!  And speaking of teams falling down the rankings, we must bid a bon voyage to the Rams, who got themselves eliminated from contention in the most amazing way possible.  Nothing like styling on a team by having their draft bounty from the RGIII trade out for the coin-toss and then giving Washington a complimentary loss on the way out.  Too bad you guys don't have any of Washington's draft picks this year, it would be the gift that keeps on giving!

And I would be remiss mentioning the Bucs and Panthers are playing each other this week in a key rankings match-up.  I know the Panthers are rivals and all, but I wish Cam a speedy and safe recovery.  That being said you would think that would make the Bucs a shoe in for a win this week; but this is Top of the Bottom, we don't do no thinking around here!  The fact is that backup QB Derek Anderson was the man who slapped the Bucs around at the start of the season.  So I will make the bold prediction and say one team will in fact lose!

So tune in next week as we wind down the season and queue up your Kevin Garnett clips because ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!

• Like 3

It bothers me to see Lavaar Arrington in it because I remember when he was doing that awful radio show  (for him not because of chad Dukes by the way) that he was making little jokes about the Ray Rice situation.  

But yeah it is easy to express outrage in commercials when you are being paid by the NFL to say it

Took me forever to figure out that was Arrington.  I saw the dude and I'm like "man, when did Rodney Peete change his 'do and gain weight?"  I knew it wasn't Peete but couldn't put a finger on who it was.

This makes me far too happy.

Apparently Redskins players Bashard Breeland and Andre Roberts had a HUGE brawl at practice.

John Keim @john_keim  ·  11m 11 minutes ago

Ok just saw scuffle here. Breeland and Andre Roberts. Not sure cause. Had to be separated

John Keim @john_keim  ·  10m 10 minutes ago

Roberts slammed Helmet to ground. Roberts threw a punch. Breeland retaliated and tried to tackle

John Keim @john_keim  ·  5m 5 minutes ago

piecing this together: Breeland taunted Roberts after breaking up a pass. Um, Breeland grabbed his crotch in celebration. 3-10, folks

Bout time, their 3-10. . . .

Hell, didn't he place in the mvp vote that year?

Sadly pro football reference doesn't put up the voting results. NFL MVP is a weird one. I guess the big award is voted on by the AP but there's been others throughout the years. It's pretty much a QB award anyway. It makes sense for this era but there should have been more running back and defensive players winning it in previous eras. In this era, WRs should be looked at.. I mean, is Stafford going to throw for 5000 yards without Megatron? Who is Andy Dalton without AJ? A big receiver doesn't just make plays himself, he changes the entire game and opens up the field for his comrades.

Oh I see.. I do remember him playing well but I assume it is one of the Michigan #1's (has anyone worn it since?) which allows you to remember it so fondly. Actually, maybe Funchess did. I thought for sure Terrell was going to be a star.

Michigan hands out #1 most, but not all, years.  It's been an honor for quite some time.  It's a tribute to Anthony Carter.  Derek Alexander is the first guy I can remember wearing it after AC (it was unofficially retired for awhile) and has been worn by a few other guys since.  Braylon Edwards being one of them.

Just got myself an Anthony Carter tearaway throwback jersey a couple weeks ago.  Just throwing that in for no apparent reason.

Have a Desmond Howard road mesh Heisman-year jersey coming tomorrow.

Not including Funchess, here's the list of guys who have worn it since AC:

Greg McMurtry WR 1986-89

Derrick Alexander WR 1990-93

Tyrone Butterfield WR 1994-96

David Terrell WR 1998-2000

Braylon Edwards WR 2003-04

The name Tyrone Butterfield doesn't ring a bell AT ALL.