DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL: WEEK THIRTEEN

paragon11

Considering the eventual NFC South winner will probably finish below .500, this is going to be a great season for fans bitching about the playoffs format. 

It'll mostly be irrelevant anyway since rarely does this happen. The NFC South is just historically fucking awful this year. And they all keep fucking losing. How the Saints haven't up and run away with the division is beyond me. Ingram is having a good season, there were only a few weeks where Jimmy Graham wasn't very Jimmy Graham like, and Brees is just slinging the shit out of the football. 

Considering the eventual NFC South winner will probably finish below .500, this is going to be a great season for fans bitching about the playoffs format. 

It'll mostly be irrelevant anyway since rarely does this happen. The NFC South is just historically fucking awful this year. And they all keep fucking losing. How the Saints haven't up and run away with the division is beyond me. Ingram is having a good season, there were only a few weeks where Jimmy Graham wasn't very Jimmy Graham like, and Brees is just slinging the shit out of the football. 

Their defensive coordinator is Rob Ryan...Enough said. 

On the playoff format- I've always felt like home field for whatever game in question should go to the team with the better record regardless of whether or not they're a wild card or division champ.  Sure, it's cool that you might be in a shitty division and still get a ticket to the playoffs because you're the best of the shitty teams in your division but you shouldn't be rewarded with a home game in my opinion. 

• Like 1

In regards to Rex Ryan - it's two-fold

1) The Jets owner is an idiot

2) The players (well outside maybe the QBs) really like him and having been lobbying all week for Rex to return next year

Au contraire.  When the 6-10 Division Champion Saints play the 11-5 Wild Card Defending Champion Seahawks in The Superdome and defeat them behind a BeastMode-esque performance by Drew Brees, everything will have Completely Evened Out In The Long Term, and proven The System Works.

• Like 1

Their defense has been crap ever since "Bountygate" after Gregg Williams left.  Not just Rob Ryan's fault.

In regards to Rex Ryan - it's two-fold

1) The Jets owner is an idiot

2) The players (well outside maybe the QBs) really like him and having been lobbying all week for Rex to return next year

Also, it's late enough in the season that there is no real benefit to firing Ryan before season's end anymore.  The team is out of the playoff picture, so if you fire him and name an interim, you either continue exactly the same, or you win a few more games, which both hurts your draft position, and possibly handcuffs you a bit in your search for a head coach because the fan base might want the guy who won a few meaningless games down the stretch.

As for Smith or Rob Ryan?  I have no idea, since Atlanta and Nawlins are both very much still in the playoff picture.

Their defense has been crap ever since "Bountygate" after Gregg Williams left.  Not just Rob Ryan's fault.

Wasn't their D pretty decent last year?

Wasn't their D pretty decent last year?

Yes good numbers at least. Probably a combination of easy schedule and an offense that can keep the other team off the field. The stories about him getting revenge when they beat the Cowboys were comical. Though I guess I can't blame Ryan for getting carried away. Last year was his first season as a defensive coordinator on a team with a winning record. Wasn't in good organizations but still that is putrid for a guy that has been a DC since 2004.

I guess Ted Leonsis paid the Skins to leak the news so that the media won't cover the Wiz's ugly loss last night.

So if Bob's gone after this year:

1. Do the Skins draft a QB even though the whole team needs to be rebuilt basically?

2. Where does Bob end up? Philly with Chip?