DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 11/7/14

victor

Seems like a fairly good show, since most of the crew have already left for England.

* Dark match: The Ascension defeat two local wrestlers. 

* Dark match: Adrian Neville defeat Fandango with Red Arrow. 

* Stardust and Goldust retained the WWE Tag Team Titles over The Usos in a steel cage match, which was said to be a very good match. Stardust pinned one of The Usos. 

* Ryback defeated Cesaro with Shellshocked. 

* R-Truth defeated Adam Rose with a roll-up after The Bunny distracted Rose, possibly accidentally. Rose attacked The Bunny after the match. Rose and the Rosebuds left without The Bunny. 

* Christian returns to host his Peep Show segment. The special guest is Dean Ambrose. Bray Wyatt interrupts and chaos ensues with Wyatt and Ambrose going at it. 

* Summer Rae defeated Natalya with a roll up when Tyson Kidd, who was on commentary, left and distracted Natalya. 

* They did a segment in the ring with Soldier Socks and Military veteran Dan Rose, about a new exoskeleton that has been developed for paraplegics. WWE is partnering with Soldier Socks to help disabled US veterans. 

* Kane vs. Dolph Ziggler in a steel cage match is next. Ziggler ends up escaping the cage to get the win and end SmackDown.

•  

Actually wish they had included Fandango and Neville on the show, could've been quite good. I don't think that the Usos and Rhodes are capable of having a bad match together, hopefully, they gave them plenty of time. Not real enchanted about the main event, I like Ziggler but I do not need Kane on my TV now or ever.

Liverpool Echo.

Since making your WWE debut in April 2012, you have become a performer who is loved by fans for your in-ring prowess, regardless of whether you have been playing a babyface or a heel. You seem to be somebody who takes pride in putting on top-class matches.

Yes, to me with the WWE there are guys who have big matches, the big music, they are top stars, they come to the ring and it’s all a big spectacle, and then the bell rings… once the bell rings they suck. With me it’s quite the opposite, I come to the ring and it’s very simple. I’m proud of the fact that I consider myself a throwback to the good old days, because wrestling itself can be very entertaining and there’s nobody that does it better than I do. I think that’s fresh and there is a fresh breeze that’s going on in the WWE right now.”

It’s certainly a time when the likes of yourself, Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, Bray Wyatt, the new wave of guys coming through, are proving that you are performers who can ‘go’ in the ring, just as much as you can talk on the mic.

"Exactly. It is a new era of guys, it's a new generation, and it's a lot of fun to watch that because there are fresh match-ups. I mean I'm sick of seeing John Cena against Randy Orton for the 500th time. It's great that we have some new, young guys that can come out and provide absolutely great match-ups and for the fans there are fresh, exciting matches and things to watch."

I think Cesaro's physique is 10x more impressive than Cena's in real life. I was astonished how fucking huge this dude is when I saw him at a house show few months ago. Dude is massive, yet on TV it doesn't translate nearly as well.

But yeah, I'm not sure how I feel about Cesaro's losing streak against likable guys such as Ziggler, Ambrose and Ryback.

Even if he's being buried he'll be back.   Look at all they've done to Ziggler, and Cesaro > Ziggler. He may never end up in the big title picture, but he'll be upper midcard for a long time at least.

I'm ok with that- he'll get TV time, and he'll have good matches.  It's just like WCW in the late 90s where I watched for the first 2 hours and skipped the last one.

Cesaro's the credible heel who puts dudes over right now. Ziggler was the face equivalent forever. Now he's getting the secondary face behind Cena push. That's just how wrestling works and always has.

They want Ryback to look like he's in beast mode. I like Cesaro more than Ryback but I get why people like him. Ryback's going to end up on Team Cena and might end up as Rusev's first major US title feud post-Sheamus. And maybe he also sneaks into the World Title picture.

But face Ryback has to get rebuilt first. This is a fine way to do it.

It's also real easy to rebuild Cesaro if the time comes for it. He beats X and Y. Just like Ziggler has had a bunch of good wins lately.

• Like 2

For Vince, Cesaro is not nearly beefy enough. A big muscle bound man will always win Vince's admiration no matter what. We're just lucky that Ryback isn't Ted Arcidi.

You're totally right about those beefy slobs Daniel Bryan, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Steve Austin and Randy Savage.

For Vince, Cesaro is not nearly beefy enough. A big muscle bound man will always win Vince's admiration no matter what. We're just lucky that Ryback isn't Ted Arcidi.

You're totally right about those beefy slobs Daniel Bryan, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Steve Austin and Randy Savage.

Randy Savage was pretty beefy. He snapped into a lot of slim jims.

For someone who is being "punished" Cesaro certainly does get a lot more TV time than people who aren't being "punished."

Also: Ryback over Cesaro is the right call. Ryback is much, much more likely to be a big star for WWE than Cesaro is. Sorry, workrate people.

• Like 1

Pretty good cage match to start. Dustin is such as asskicker as a heel these days -- stiff-ass chops and kneelifts, a lariat that turned one of the Usos inside out. The Usos as always match up well with that. End was abrupt and the cage was just kinda there, but also, that was one sweet rollup and the cage did limit the high-flying for a change. I could have gone with another five minutes on this. There was also this gem on commentary:

JBL: "Cole, what do you call that move where the Uso does a flip and lands on Goldust's face?"

Cole: "A move where the Uso does a flip and lands on Goldust's face."

No complaints about Ryback/Cesaro. In context it's better than the random pairing it seemed from the spoilers. Ryback's always good at looking vulnerable, Cesaro's good at grinding him down until the comeback, and they managed to protect the Big Guy without punking my boy. It did its job and advanced the storyline so hey. 

The Rosebuds... mmmm, bouncy. Man Rose could come off as a creepy heel when he fully turns. If this were ECW Paul E. would have an angle where he's dosing all the girls with drugs to create his own harem of teen runaway ravers. It would be Manson-esque and awesome. Too bad here he'll just end up beating up the bunny (who unmasks as somebody from NXT) and they'll probably change up his whole character into that hunter deal he did before or something else with even less longevity. Like an Adam Rose with no Rosebuds.

Good to see the man get a paycheck but damn the Captain is lacking his Charisma tonight, especially compared to his guests. So Dean's dad is in prison. Nice bit of exposition, I always like those "dark secret revealed!" moments when they come out right. 

Xavier as nouveau James Brown < Xavier as nouveau Louis Farrakkan. Fucking cops have to ruin everything. 

Dolph was doing a good job selling the fear of the cage before THE EYES INVADE which would mess up someone on acid pretty bad. I can buy Dolph getting eaten alive by Harper every week, let's do it. Didn't pay much attention to this cause it's Kane and escape the cage and all but the double crotching spot got a laugh out of me.