DVDVR Message Board

NOV WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I hope Sting and HHH never wrestle one-on-one and we get Sting/'Taker or Sting/Rock.

Of course, Sting is 55 and probably needs to wrestle someone that could help him out in the ring. Actually, it's too bad that part of the crowd would crap on a Sting/Cena tag team because that's what I'd like to see.

Assuming Reigns is slotted into WM to face Lesnar and Daniel Bryan makes it back to be at WM, I also would not mind Sting/Bryan vs. HHH/someone else (Batista?).

I hope Sting and HHH never wrestle one-on-one and we get Sting/'Taker or Sting/Rock.

Of course, Sting is 55 and probably needs to wrestle someone that could help him out in the ring. Actually, it's too bad that part of the crowd would crap on a Sting/Cena tag team because that's what I'd like to see.

Assuming Reigns is slotted into WM to face Lesnar and Daniel Bryan makes it back to be at WM, I also would not mind Sting/Bryan vs. HHH/someone else (Batista?).

Apparently Bryan had Tommy John surgery and will be out for awhile.

Alright, I'm just gonna say this, and I know I'm probably in the minority-it should have been Orton. They were in St. Louis, he needs to cement his face turn on The Authority, and the crowd was chanting for him. I understand Sting got a huge reaction, and I'm not trying to take away from Sting, I love him. But the pop for Orton would have been massive. All in all, the fact that I'm bitching about how something could have been better as opposed to how much something sucked says a lot about the show they had last night, though.

• Like 1

Alright, I'm just gonna say this, and I know I'm probably in the minority-it should have been Orton. They were in St. Louis, he needs to cement his face turn on The Authority, and the crowd was chanting for him. I understand Sting got a huge reaction, and I'm not trying to take away from Sting, I love him. But the pop for Orton would have been massive. All in all, the fact that I'm bitching about how something could have been better as opposed to how much something sucked says a lot about the show they had last night, though.

Why not both? Sting comes down to the ring. Long stare down. Then Orton comes out of the crowd RKOs Triple H, Orton leaves, Ziggler covers Rollins and Sting leaves without technically doing anything?

They could bring back Ric Flair (or use Triple H) and have them as the manager in each corner for a younger wrestler, or in a tag match. I would much prefer that at this point than watching Triple H Vs. Sting. Even though I still think that Triple H can go.

Seth Rollins w/ Triple H Vs. Someone w/ Sting has more appeal to me. Maybe Dolph?

• Like 1

I'm also fine with what Skelemania says. I feel old as hell knowing that Sting is in his mid-50s, but considering that he is in his mid-50s, it might just be better to have him as a corner man that hits another Scorpion Death Drop on HHH during a ref bump or something. 

I think a tag match is probably the very best way to go if Sting has to wrestle. That or a five-minute glorified squash match. 

I feel like I have to click the "Like this" button anytime someone mentions WWE doing a WarGames. Elimination Chamber is right around the corner, so I'll get my hopes up again just because.

I really feel like Brock Lesnar needs to be in WarGames, though, just so Heyman can be his ringside manager and do stuff like yelling "WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAAAAARRRRRRRRR" to pump Lesnar up before he gets into the cage. 

How old was Steamboat when he has his return matches against Jericho? Terry Funk and Flair all wrestled into their 50s and were fine. I don't think Sting's 54 year old age would be a problem if they lay out the match correctly. I know that a lot of his TNA matches weren't great, but he did have some good ones there. I think finally having a match in WWE will be enough motivation for Sting to try his best to have a great match whereas he may not have been so motivated in TNA

Out of curiosity, with Sting now having made his WWE debut, who inherits the "Best Wrestler to never be in a WWF/E ring"?

"Misawa" - Puro dudes

Random item: The KC Comets indoor soccer team is using the theme from Midnight Express (the film and tag team) in their radio ads.

At least in the modern era, the only big star I can think of is Magnum, and he would have probably if not for the accident.

Also, Hogan-Nikita Koloff might be one of the greatest money matches that never was.

Once you cross Sting off the list, that's about where the list goes.