DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2014-15 Regular Season - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

Penny got hit by injuries like they were a truck. That microfracture surgery was and continues to be a bitch. It's really too bad that as we get further removed from Penny's run as an All-NBA player and cultural phenomenon the more people seem to think he was solely a product of Shaq and him leaving was what resulted in Penny's downturn. He also had one of the best shoes of all-time.

Nike%20Air%20Foamposite%20One%20Dark%20N

• Like 4

Pistons are only 1 and a half games behind the Sixers for that worst record in the league! I didn't think the Pistons would be this bad. Thought they'd be slightly better.

They play on Saturday in Detroit. It will a back to back for the Sixers as they play the Thunder tonight in Philly. Definitely curious to see if Drummond will be taking it as a personal challenge since Sims flat out manhandled him last year. Was a much different story earlier in the year when it was Hawes out there. Block party.

I suspected, and confirmed thanks to basketball-reference.com, that Monroe's highest PPG and RPG against a specific team for his career is against Philly. He has done well since his rookie year. So speaking of personal challenges there is one for Noel. Of course if Noel sneezes on the team plane they will use that as an excuse to sit him.

Nets game tonight is like being in the green zone in Iraq. Police are everywhere and the staff here is in lockdown mode checking tickets everywhere you go. I'm actually planning on storming the court to protest the Hawks not using the Pac Man logo (there are just some things that a decent society can't tolerate).

• Like 3