DVDVR Message Board

[AUGUST] WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

I love that huge schmozz going on and Lanza (?) 

Not sure, looks like Lanza but http://www.purolove.com/ajpw/history/carnival79.php doesn't list him as being a part of the Carnival that year

Lanza never worked the Carnival and Dos only worked it in 1979, so process of elimination leads me to believe that was Bill Francis (Ed's son, Russ' brother).

Yeah the entracnes were cool but then you have 1990's not good yet Undertaker doing his slow motion shit against Hakushi doing his slow motion shit.

Spoiler: There were rope walks.

My advice is find the Hakushi vs. Great Muta match instead. What a crazy, bizarre spectacle that was. Only in pro wrestling.

And the Muta match is why Hakushi's covered in blood here, IIRC. Muta "killed" him, and he was resurrected to face Taker.

I know Pete had one of the magazines where Shinzaki went to that really big cemetery in Queens to bury his Hakushi gimmick.  I forget if it was after the Muta match or the Taker match.

After the Muta match because that was the "death" of Hakushi. I so wish I kept that mag because it also had a photo of Shinzaki with Vince signing his release form and rocking a perfect "the shit I gotta do" face for the cameras.

That Hakushi/Muta match really was insane. Muta using Hakushi's blood to paint the kanji for "death" on his gimmick as the crowd loses their collective shit and the announcer screams "DEAAAAATH!"

• Like 1

I like that you look at that pic and out of five guys you still want to punch Tully in the mouth in the worst way. I'd like to say that for the second (and he still looks the most punchable) but he's just too old and nice now. Actually Vince is the most punchable in that one so we have a winner!

No idea where the Leatherface image came from, just something I picked up on a Google search for Cactus vs. Kanemura

Posted Image

What is this from? I dont remember hearing about 3 Leatherfaces in one match before?

I didn't notice at first but if you look closely it's a photoshoped pic whear they took 3 diffrent shots of Leather & merged them together

That or it's just a weird square shaped ring with 6 turnbuckle corners & 2 sets of triplet cameramen :)