DVDVR Message Board

[AUGUST] WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

Maybe its just me but I think the cage match pic is awesome. Any idea when/where it was?

Went through a folder on my computer full of wrestling photos. Found some good ones. Maybe I'll upload some more tomorrow. Sorry for the huge post, but whatever.

Posted Image

I get an 80's/90's Japan Wrestling video game vibe from this photo.

Add me to the list of people that approve the goofy CAGE MATCH graphic.

Also, the missile dropkick that is, apparently, done while skydiving from space.

Not going to quote the whole thing, but I love the pic of Terry Funk using his Fire Breath Attack against the Sheik.

Is it a shot of Funk breathing fire, or of the Sheik throwing a fireball? Either way it's pretty nuts.

It's from the same Kawasaki stadium show with the Kudo vs. Combat Toyota deathmatch everyone raves about. Hayabusa/Masato Tanaka vs. Mr. Pogo/Terry Funk.

A really great, crazy, goofy show in general actually. A little bit of everything in there.

FMW Seventh Anniversary Show
May 5, 1996 in Kawasaki Stadium drawing 33,231

Jason the Terrible beat Nanjyo Hayato (8:20).
Chaparita Asari & Yumi Fukaba beat Kayori Nakayama & Aki Kanbayashi (12:08) when Asari pinned Kanbayashi.
Kamikaze, Katsutoshi Niiyama & Wild Shooter beat Daisuke Ikeda, Shoichi Funaki & Tetsuhiro Kuroda (14:39) when Niiyama pinned Kuroda.
The Rock & Roll Express, Ricky Fuji beat The Crypt Keeper, The Boogie Man & Freddy Krueger (9:09) when Morton pinned Boogie Man.
Ryuma Go & Samurai Max beat I. Majin & Silver X (15:33) when Go pinned Silver X.
Taka Michinoku beat Koji Nakagawa (15:49) to win the FMW Independent Junior Heavyweight Title.
Chigusa Nagayo beat Shark Tsuchiya (13:20) via KO.
Mitsuhiro Matsunaga, Hido & Hideki Hosaka beat Shoji Nakamaki, Toryu & Miguel Perez, Jr. (13:18) when Matsunaga pinned Toryu.
The Headhunters & Super Leather beat Gladiator Mike Awesome, Horace Boulder & Hisakatsu Oya (19:59) to win the vacant FMW Six Man Tag Team Titles when Leather pinned Boulder.
Cactus Jack beat Wing Kanemura (16:49) in a "Barbwire Barricade Spidernet Broken Glass Death Match."
Megumi Kudo beat Combat Toyoda (21:26) in a "No Rope Explosive Barbwire Match" to win the FMW Unified Women's Title.
Terry Funk & Mr. Pogo beat Masato Tanaka & Hayabusa (19:01) in a "No Rope Explosive Barbwire Timebomb Landmine Double Hell Death Match" when Funk pinned Hayabusa.

• Like 1

Maybe its just me but I think the cage match pic is awesome.  Any idea when/where it was?

Went through a folder on my computer full of wrestling photos. Found some good ones. Maybe I'll upload some more tomorrow. Sorry for the huge post, but whatever.

Posted Image

Riverfront Coliseum (now known as US Bank Arena) was built in the late 1970s and featured that type of multicolored seating, which was designed to hide open seats in crowd shots. 

With that said, I do not think this is that building, but that pegs the time period down to 1975-1990.