DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2014 PLAYOFFS

Dolfan in NYC

Basically the Dodgers and Nationals are better teams and it doesn't matter because the Giants and Cardinals have a horseshoe and a rabbit's foot firmly lodged up their respective asses and thus are Invincible.

Freddy vs Jason 2014 NLCS

Would love to see a LA-SF NLCS, because I don't think its happened before. Give them a chance to show whether the rivalry has as much heat as Yanks-Sox. . . 

Not since the NLCS has become an official annual thing, although there were Giants/Dodgers tiebreaker playoffs in 1951* and 1962

*i.e. when the Bobby Thompson Shot Heard 'Round The World occurred.

It is funny how DC sports fans are getting completely crushed for leaving the game too early.   The end of the game was probably 60% filled which really doesn't help your argument.  

If they think that last night was embarassing for the sports fans, wait until they see Monday.  You have National fans who have mostly given up on the series and Skins fans who will believe they are going to the Super Bowl no matter what week and record it is going against the SB champs.   It is a powder keg of suck waiting to happen

Would love to see a LA-SF NLCS, because I don't think its happened before. Give them a chance to show whether the rivalry has as much heat as Yanks-Sox. . . 

Not since the NLCS has become an official annual thing, although there were Giants/Dodgers tiebreaker playoffs in 1951* and 1962

*i.e. when the Bobby Thompson Shot Heard 'Round The World occurred.

Well yeah the one game playoffs. . . 

Wasn't it a best of three series in 1951?

Oddly enough, in the pre-LCS days the leagues used different tiebreaker formats; the NL did the best of 3 series while the AL had a one-game playoff (which only came up once).

Quick glance at wikipedia shows the NL's best 2 of 3 pre-LCS tiebreaker came into play 4 times (46, 51, 59, 62) and bizarrely the Dodgers were involved all 4 times.

I wouldn't say it was that bizarre for the Dodgers to be involved all the time since they were consistently one of the best teams year in and year out.

And no writer from Atlanta should be commenting on other teams fans attending (or not attending) playoff games

Just be thankful they saw the ball on that phantom tag play last night. The way St Louis gets all the breaks, I half expected them to declare the evidence inconclusive due to the fact he may be holding a styrofoam cup to use as a spittoon in that hand.