DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 10/8-10/15-10/22

Did I see this correctly? Tommy Dreamer is in a match on tv in 2014? I guess the logical question would be, "Whatever Happened to Gorgeous George?" he'd only be 100-something, bet he could still go...

Come on, we all know wrestlers don't retire unless they are permanently crippled or when they die.

Did I see this correctly? Tommy Dreamer is in a match on tv in 2014? I guess the logical question would be, "Whatever Happened to Gorgeous George?" he'd only be 100-something, bet he could still go...

Come on, we all know wrestlers don't retire unless they are permanently crippled or when they die.

And even then, they can still guest star in an angle every now and then. Except for that one dude that really fucked up that one time.

Opening bit with Roode and MVP was just sad with the one row of people behind MVP. I love Roode showing passion, but this whole angle is doomed due to the low crowds. I like the idea of Roode risking everything for a shot - makes the title seem important. KOs 3-way was amusingly goofy with the booking. Now Love, Rayne, and Taryn had to earn a shot by winning - nothing wrong with that. But Velvet is the top contender and gets a shot at BFG despite not wrestling on TV in ages. The 3 way itself was pretty good, although Taryn has yet to show everything she had before, but having her be the victim of Havok's post-match beating sets up a future match between them and one with Rayne too since she cheated to beat her.

Revolution vs. Uno/Ki match was good-ish, but never got great. I liked the mist>superkick finishing sequence though. Goofy Shaw-Gunner deal set up Shaw-Bram. Just what Impact needed - another worthless weapons match, now with Shaw, who apparently got tattoos years ago to pay tribute to Gunner now. Shaw-Bram was nothing special, and they've retconned Shaw coming in via Gut Check, which is probably good given his checkerboard gear at the time. Roode vs. MVP/King was fun - I loved MVP talking shit while sitting on the steps. DQ finish was good until they clarified that it had to be via pin or submission. Here I thought that Lashley at least chose his opponent to some degree after having MVP big-dog him. The Spud-EC3 thing was just perfect. They played off the skits, the you can't wrestle/I'm very good bit, and Spud just came off so great finally standing up for himself. Shame they TO THE BACK'd it with a video package for Full Metal Mayhem.

They drew out the intros for this as long as possible, which was good - it felt like a historic match. Not having the uniformly-painted ladders was a bit odd though. This was a crazy match - easily the craziest of the series. The powerbomb OVER THE TOP TO THE RAIL BRIDGE was nuts. The legdrop going through the table with no one there was perhaps crazier. Jeff's going to kill his tailbone. RIP Eddie's hip after the double beale off the top of the ladders. Then things got crazier as Davey bumped to the floor off the ladder to the floor - no tables, and Bully was splashed by Jeff OFF THE TOP OF THE MID-RING LADDER AS IT WAS TIPPED. Thank God that went well. This whole nutty series ended with the Wolves using the Dudleys' own table powerbomb to win over the Hardys directly, so it felt like they truly were the best team in 2014. This match was worth going out of your way to see.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/10/tna-impact-10-8-14.html

Screens -

6fcc02356489866.jpg

Shaw's new gear is an improvement.
637d64256045877.jpg

74a9c6356486847.jpg

2678a4356486823.jpg

923ffe356485812.jpg

37dba3356485602.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/8ux4va3sz5sn0k7je814ihs2tknaxlr6

They did cut it out. He was supposed to beat up Spud after EC3 fired him, but I guess they're going to debut Tyrese in a backstage segment instead.

Oh FFS. 

The way they cut out of that segment was terrible; why would we want not want to see the aftermath? How can that be justified? They could have cut the 'Angle bollocks MVP bit' or The Beautiful People's entrance or something.

0.jpg

Never, ever cut out The Beautiful People's entrance. Anything but that.

It kind of amuses me how they shake their asses at the crowd, but then try to get heel heat by not shaking their asses at the crowd. They kind of need to choose.

In their minds the teasing of the kissing during the entrance is the heel action but their not stupid enough because they know shaking their asses is a big part of their appeal.

Hardys vs. Joe/Ki sounds awesome. Book it TNA~! I love the idea. Its like Starrcade 86 all over again.

I so want Joe-Ki's finisher to be giving the opponents a gift box, informing them "I got you a Surrrrpriiiiiiiise!" and then laughing maniaclly as they run away.

I watch TNA once every few months. This is not a comment on the overall product because I don't have a strong opinion and I wish them well.

But jesus christ, MVP looks a million years old. He looks like he should be addressing people as young blood. He looks like he's that old gangster dude that got it together and is now your landlord. I mean, I'm pretty sure he calls pot "reefer". Matter of fact, I bet he wears sandals and socks with khaki shorts in the summer. Jesus.

• Like 1

I watch TNA once every few months. This is not a comment on the overall product because I don't have a strong opinion and I wish them well.

But jesus christ, MVP looks a million years old. He looks like he should be addressing people as young blood. He looks like he's that old gangster dude that got it together and is now your landlord. I mean, I'm pretty sure he calls pot "reefer". Matter of fact, I bet he wears sandals and socks with khaki shorts in the summer. Jesus.

You missed his promo in NY from a month or so ago when he came out and referenced Sinatra and Frank White(Notorious Big).