DVDVR Message Board

NXT Take over

DJ Hero Morganti

Has Sin Cara ever spoken before?

Can Barin Corbin have Dean Malenko's WCW music?

Can I heart Bayley any more?

Does anyone know what mentor KENTA was referring to for his namesake?

Sin Cara has spoken before. He just spoke last week in fact.

Good to see Ascension stripped of the titles then emasculated by Ke... Hideo Itami.

As far as the name change goes, I don't mind it. He has a first and last name, which isn't common for non-Americans in WWE these days, so that's a plus. They also at least bothered to explain the change. We got used to Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, etc... I'm sure we'll have no trouble with Hideo Itami.

I also really liked Baron Corbin. Nice to see a wrestler from Kansas City. His finisher is the most indy-tastic thing I've seen in a while, but that lariat was nice and he's got some presence. He seems like a way better version of Bull Dempsey.

The 4-way felt way too long, but the last 5 minutes or so were really good. At least it looks like we're finally getting around to that Zayn/Neville feud.

KENTA in NXT should be really fun with all of his new possible matchups.

Bayley vs. Charlotte was rock solid and I'm pretty sure Sara Del Rey probably layed out the match for them. The 3 way feud with Sasha should be interesting and if Becky Lynch could get involved that make it that much sicker.  

The 4 way for the NXT title was one of the best matches I have seen in NXT and had the crowd going insane. All 4 men in the match had their moments of greatness which made the match that much better. The roof will explode when Generico beats Neville for that title.

Has Sin Cara ever spoken before?

Can Barin Corbin have Dean Malenko's WCW music?

Can I heart Bayley any more?

Does anyone know what mentor KENTA was referring to for his namesake?

Sin Cara has spoken before. He just spoke last week in fact.

Well, having bi-lingual Hunico under the mask than Spanish-only Mistico helps that a ton.

And yeah, Sin Cara only just started talking during the tag tourny.  

Kalisto is gonna be as huge as Mysterio some day, and will probably have the same breakdown of his knees.  

I know we've all made wrong predictions before, but Breeze and Zayn both have "Future World Champ" written all over them.

Did anyone besides me roll their eyes when they introduced Kenta and the first ten seconds of his music was the most generic stereotypical Asian theme possible?

It almost got ugly in my house. I was ready for any second to have the rug pulled out from under me.... but then

tumblr_nbro71vfvr1sg31w3o2_250.gif

• Like 6

I did the Chris Tucker "DAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNN!" when Corbin caught Parker with that punch at the start of the match. I was surprised he didn't bust him open like Bull did to Rawley (which was awesome) during their match.

I couldn't tell at first if Charlotte landed that way because Bailey was supposed to put up her knees or she just didn't want to take the bump. Either way, they obviously didn't have an angle they could use for the replay for the commentators to talk up the final stretch.

I was also ready to get pissed when I heard the first few strings of Kenta's music and thought it was a rehash of Tajari's theme (like Brodus was given Ernest Miller's old theme). I doubt they'll change his name but the crowd will just acknowledge it with chants like "Ole" when Sami wrestles.

Overall this wasn't as strong as the last few big shows but the Divas and 4 Way matches made up for the parts that dragged.

Enzoe's moveset and physicality in the ring is still pretty green. When he isn't doing wrestling movements he looks so comfortable. His promos are follow the bouncing ball, but the comfort he has is so flawless. I tend to like his backstage promos and his interactions with big Cass better than the ring stuff. But everything he has that isn't in the ring is great.... and honestly... YOU CAN'T TEACH THAT!

• Like 2

I like the idea of KENTA intentionally changing his name... he's starting from scratch, and what better way to do that than by completely changing how people identify you? That said, the "KENTA" graphic on the video board as he walked out was balls-out great and you could hear the crowd deflate a bit after his new name came up to replace it.

I was hoping he'd honor his hero by changing his name to Mitsuharu Baba. "Antonio Chono" has a cool ring to it too.

• Like 1

The "what" chants and other shouting from the audience was really starting to bum me out during his Japanese promo. 

I'm sure I'll get used to the new name. I'm just happy he got a pretty hyped debut, and immediately made Ascension look like chumps. 

Pretty sure Enzo only did a dropkick, and a roll-up during the match. I like him, but I guess there's a reason he hasn't wrestled much on tapings even before the injury. It was a fun match though.

I like the idea of KENTA intentionally changing his name... he's starting from scratch, and what better way to do that than by completely changing how people identify you? That said, the "KENTA" graphic on the video board as he walked out was balls-out great and you could hear the crowd deflate a bit after his new name came up to replace it.

I was hoping he'd honor his hero by changing his name to Mitsuharu Baba. "Antonio Chono" has a cool ring to it too.

Is that where Cesaro's name went?

I had the same feeling for KENTA's theme, but then it picked up and it sounded like the theme music for a future world champion. As for the name change...man...it's such a weird move because WWE seems to insist on one named dudes, and they get one in KENTA, and give him a first and last name.

That said, who cares, because it was balls out awesome that he got dumped out of the ring and then right away got back into it like a gangster. KENTA is also not as small as I thought he was.

The main event was great as well and I thought it was a super way to turn Neville heel. I felt legit pissed when he pulled the ref out and I normally don't get that feeling. When he won, all I wanted was to eventually see Sami beat him for the title.

And Tyson on the Fallout show was awesome, asking for one more chance again. 

Not sure how new that apron video board is, but it's something I imagined a wrestling group doing a long time ago. Really cool. That whole setup is like the greatest Techwood studio ever.

• Like 2

I will say that after the awful first ten seconds of the Itami theme, it sounds like a pretty clear ode to the mid to late 90s Japan themes with wailing guitars and whatnot. Like a Jim Johnston version of Spartan X or Grand Sword. Just needs more keyboard.

Breeze would be one of the best longest reigning TV champs to have their reign ended by a future main eventer ever, if this were another time and place.

And we've got a HUGE main event on Saturday Night tonight, Mike Tenay! Prince Pretty, the Gorgeous One himself, Tyler Breeze, defends the TV title against Ice Train! But more importantly, where is the nWo?

• Like 4

I didn't expect to have such a strong emotional reaction to the idea of Tyler Breeze wrestling peak Ice Train - but yeah, I wish that match existed so bad.

Also, they've got to be building to Baron Corbin and Bull Dempsey, right?

• Like 1