DVDVR Message Board

This Week In NFL Stupidity

hammerva

What I don't understand is why didn't any of the refs notice anything wrong with the balls when they handle them between each play. Why did it take a whole half of football and someone telling them, you'd think 'professional" refs would be able to notice something different between the two teams balls. I know the refs aren't perfect but you'd think that an officiating crew in the AFC championship should have enough football knowledge to notice something wrong. This is another case of why the NFL needs to have full time refs (or at least more competent ones).

So does anyone actually think that one teams football's lost pressure due to some atmospheric condition and the other teams didn't? Just curious.

The answer to this question is that perhaps the Colts inflate their footballs more to begin with so a drop in PSI would still put them in the legal range whereas the Patriots have stated they inflate to the bare minimum to start.

And the hits just keep on coming for Baltimore.

Cody is under investigation for animal cruelty, and the case is being discussed with the Baltimore County State's attorney's office, said Elise Armacost, the director of communications for Baltimore County police.

Cody hasn't been charged with a crime.

According to sources, the case involves a dog.

At least we now know what crime one has to commit to get fired by the Ravens. Domestic Assault and Murder, perjury, destruction of evidence are okay. Violence against a dog is not

This is already a Lesson Learned, man.

Michael Vick, yo..

@BenVolin:

Richard Sherman on if he expects Pats to be punished: “Not as long as Roger Goodell & Robert Kraft take pictures at their respective homes.”

I know we're all Sherman and Brady are working heel, but Sherman really say something that wasn't true.

@BenVolin:

Richard Sherman on if he expects Pats to be punished: “Not as long as Roger Goodell & Robert Kraft take pictures at their respective homes.”

I know we're all Sherman and Brady are working heel, but Sherman really say something that wasn't true.

The best heels in the world are the ones who point out things that are blatantly true, like Jesse always calling out Hogan for rampantly cheating. 

@BenVolin:

The best heels are the ones that believe they are righteous and telling the truth.
  • Like 3

So does anyone actually think that one teams football's lost pressure due to some atmospheric condition and the other teams didn't? Just curious.

The answer to this question is that perhaps the Colts inflate their footballs more to begin with so a drop in PSI would still put them in the legal range whereas the Patriots have stated they inflate to the bare minimum to start.

Yeah I understand the far fetched scientific possibility. I'm asking if anyone here actually thinks that's what happened.

But that's not what you said. You asked if anyone believes only one set of footballs lost pressure. Which no one does, as opposed to the Pats' being low enough to drop under the threshold while the Colts' dropped the same amount but were more inflated at the start.

One is impossible, the other is plausible though not extremely likely, but they are very different.

But that's not what you said. You asked if anyone believes only one set of footballs lost pressure. Which no one does, as opposed to the Pats' being low enough to drop under the threshold while the Colts' dropped the same amount but were more inflated at the start.

One is impossible, the other is plausible though not extremely likely, but they are very different.

Yeah man I get it. I worded it badly. My point is that who the hell believes that shit? Nobody. So why is it ever even brought up? It didn't happen. It's some ridiculously unlikely scenario. We might as well just suggest a fan ran down unseen and did it. It's that unbelievable. "Yeah but it was possible!"

A better analogy might be Brady being John Cena with the rest of the country being the WWE Universe. 

Cena even namedropped Brady in one of his raps.

"You think you Tom Brady

But you really just Fred Sanford's friend Grady."

note for damn Millenials: This is Grady

Grady.jpg

Is the big fat white "Fake" Lamont from the 2nd series on there?

Shit...this just made me look up Dennis Burkley and now I know he's dead.  That guy was all over the late 80s and early 90s.

It's just the original series, this person is clearly an old school fan. Their office is like two doors down from mine so I get to walk by it multiple times a day. It's glorious.