DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Comics Omnibus thread

odessasteps

They switched to white when Johnny died. Maybe they switched to red because HERBIE dies. OH NO.

I liked the Future Foundation look.  That was a different departure, plus we got "Future Foundation" Dr. Doom who was pretty awesome in a white cape, tunic,  and cowl as a "psuedo" member/ adviser to Valeria

I really want to like the new FF book.  I like the creative team.  I don't like the red/black costume change there better be a good reason they moved from the blue color scheme.  Yeah, I am a traditionalist

I like the Fantastic Four blue and Future Foundation white. Not liking the red going on that image. I don't like Nightwing's red either. The only red/black superhero costumes I like are the Superior Spider-Man's (first/current one) and Scarlet Spider (Kaine).

Avenging Spider-Man #16 is written by Christopher Yost. Doctor Octopus’s mind with access to Peter Parker’s memories in Peter Parker’s body is Spider-Man. There is a giant spider going through Manhattan which gets the attention of Wolverine and the X-Men (feels weird typing that as a child from the 1990s watching X-Men). This was a really good and very funny story. SpOck’s dialogue made me laugh aloud a couple of times.

I really want to like the new FF book.  I like the creative team.  I don't like the red/black costume change there better be a good reason they moved from the blue color scheme.  Yeah, I am a traditionalist

I like the Fantastic Four blue and Future Foundation white. Not liking the red going on that image. I don't like Nightwing's red either. The only red/black superhero costumes I like are the Superior Spider-Man's (first/current one) and Scarlet Spider (Kaine).

I have always liked Nightcrawler's costume and design

I really want to like the new FF book. I like the creative team. I don't like the red/black costume change there better be a good reason they moved from the blue color scheme. Yeah, I am a traditionalist

I have always liked Nightcrawler's costume and design

Forgot about that one. Good shout. Have to like that later having reached the likes limit.

On the subject of costumes, which of Wolverine two's most famous costumes do you prefer? The blue and yellow or brown and tan? I really like both. I'm more used to the blue and yellow growing up on the X-Men animated series from the 90s and seen it more in the books I've read.

On the subject of costumes, which of Wolverine two's most famous costumes do you prefer? The blue and yellow or brown and tan? I really like both. I'm more used to the blue and yellow growing up on the X-Men animated series from the 90s and seen it more in the books I've read.

I was always partial to the brown/tan.  Never cared much for the yellow.  I assume the yellow became more iconic because of its resemblance to the original X-Men outfits (which I also think are very ugly).

Speaking of other costumes, I like the story behind the "Fang" costume.

Did someone post this before?

NsdmpAq.jpg

My favorite outfit is the Classic Yellow though I'm quite partial to the X-force costume as well. I'm not fond of the costume Wolverine will be switching to next year for All New Marvel NOW. Really hope it doesn't last too long.

Brown/Tan but I do see the importance of having the Blue/Maize (he is modeled after the Michigan Wolverines)

Someone should be a dick and give him a scarlet and grey costume.

And then promptly but slowly die in an agonizing fire.

EDIT: Also, the Astonishing one that streamlined the classic yellow is my favorite.