DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Comics Omnibus thread

odessasteps

Read Hawkeye Vol. 2. I generally enjoyed it. I like the relationship Clint has With Kate Bishop, and dig how he seems to almost subconsciously try to screw over his love life. The dog issue that ended the volume was an interesting one albeit strange. Still not in love with this like others, but I'm liking it so far.Also read Iron Man: Believe and The Secret Origin of Tony Stark Part 1. Believe was a series of one-shots focusing on Tony hunting down Extremis buyers. None of the issues were bad, but none of them were particularly great either. They were a bit too technical at times and seemed to serve as build up for Tony leaving earth and other future stories more than anything else. I have to say Tony doing mercy killings felt off as well as I can't recall him killing one person in the Fraction's run before this and hadn't heard of him being so willing to kill beforehand either. The Godkiller arc in space was fun. I liked seeing a new race of aliens and the culture they held. It made the ending of said arc kind of disappointing as a result as it felt like there could have been more explored. The Secret Origin stuff was decent enough though again I felt like there was untapped potential with the Stark Seven caper being rushed through so quickly. So far Gillen's run is decent. I like 451, and it seems like he is creating some potentially cool ideas, but right now none of it feels like its reaching anywhere close to its potential as Gillen sort of trucks along to focus on his main plot. Tony in space particularly feels like it could go much further than it has, but with the focus on the Secret Origin plot that said potential will go completely unfulfilled.

Does anyone know where to find the Alias graphic novel?  The price on Amazon is a little high for something that I'm only vaguely iterested in. 

Unless you're talking about something I'm not aware of, there is no Alias graphic novel.

Alias was an ongoing series that ran for 28 issues. It's been collected in the form of 4 paperbacks, 2 Ultimate Collections or one omnibus containing all the issues.

Either way, it won't come cheap, if you're looking to buy the whole run. Looking at Amazon, almost all the versions seem to be out of print anyways..

Does anyone know where to find the Alias graphic novel?  The price on Amazon is a little high for something that I'm only vaguely iterested in. 

Unless you're talking about something I'm not aware of, there is no Alias graphic novel.

Alias was an ongoing series that for 28 issues. It's been collected in the form of 4 paperbacks, 2 Ultimate Collections or one omnibus containing all the issues.

Either way, it won't come cheap, if you're looking to buy the whole run. Looking at Amazon, almost all the versions seem to be out of print anyways..

Yeah, I was hoping to get the paperbacks or Ultimate Collections digitally, but I've been unable to find them.  Hopefully with the Netflix thing coming, they'll put them on Comixology or Marvel Unlimited.

I imagine Alias's follow-up, The Pulse is on both.

Nope, that isn't there either.  They are usually really good about making their characters best story arcs availible when a film/TV thing is announced.  There are next to no Jessica Jones stories available after they announced she would be the star of a new television show, which seems a little strange.  I'm fairly well versed in comic lore, and the only real Jessica Jones stories I've read were part of the New Avengers run with Luke Cage. 

I imagine Alias's follow-up, The Pulse is on both.

Nope, that isn't there either.  They are usually really good about making their characters best story arcs availible when a film/TV thing is announced.  There are next to no Jessica Jones stories available after they announced she would be the star of a new television show, which seems a little strange.  I'm fairly well versed in comic lore, and the only real Jessica Jones stories I've read were part of the New Avengers run with Luke Cage. 

Well, aside from Alias that's pretty much all there is for her (The Pulse is, what, eight issues?  And drastically inferior to Alias.)

So, JDR is going to be writing FF next year.  I am intrigued.

I remain ambivalent. His JLA run was abysmal and at least some of the stuff he's apparently doing was already done fairly well by Roberto Aguirre Sacasa. Every writer nowadays has a hardon for "the fall and rise of the Fantastic Four" for the past 5-7 years.

So due to scheduling conflicts Wolverine and the X-men is ending in February. Kind of pissed as it was my favorite X-book at the moment. Amazing X-men is nice, but I was more interested in the students than the main X-men right now.

So due to scheduling conflicts Wolverine and the X-men is ending in February. Kind of pissed as it was my favorite X-book at the moment. Amazing X-men is nice, but I was more interested in the students than the main X-men right now.

I have the sneaky feeling that the two X-Men teams are going to become one sooner than later.  Battle of the Atom made it very apparent that there are going to be conflicts that they are going to have to face that one team can't handle alone.  With Xavier II roaming around and their ongoing conflict with Shield, they are going to realize that they need to get over their petty shit.  Hopefully we can get another book that focuses on the students from both schools.  Seriously the most interesting stories are from the students and the original X-Men, Cyclops and Wolverine's confilct has been stale for at least a year. 

His Earth 2 really redeemed him in my eyes.

Yeah, I thought Earth II was the best thing he's done in years.  Almost erased the memory of his awful JLA run (though I did enjoy the Eclipso story near the end of the run).  His plans for the FF don't really sound that interesting to me.  Same for the present-day Invaders book he's going to write.

I kinda chalk up Earth II's success to Robinson being more interested in the golden age versions of characters than present day.  I loved JDR during the period he wrote Starman, Leave it to Chance, & the Golden Age, but he's been hit and miss in the years since Starman ended.

What is the issue(s) where Iron Man and Captain America patched up their hatred of each other from Civil War? It would have to be after Cap's resurrection, of course. But I'd like to find them and read them.

For one thing, Tony doesn't actually remember the Civil War, due to his issues with Osborn.His mind was erased and his back-up was from before then. It basically happened in the first arc of Avengers v4.

On a separate note, this exists

e4GwETC.jpg