DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Comics Omnibus thread

odessasteps

They're going to kill off Foggy and have Matt go insane(again) and become the new Bullseye.

Reed Richards discovers a new cure for blindness, which gives Matt Murdock back his eyesight, but in a shocking twist of fate in the same issue Daredevil loses both his legs in a freak accident and becomes the world's first wheelchaired superhero.

I think today's issue of Avengers AI was probably my favorite so far.  Nice to learn a little more bout Alexis and the Chang/Pym scene was great.  (I've joked before that Wally West is the superhero I wanted to grow up to be and Hank Pym is the one I actually would have been; this only reinforced that view.)

Infinity continues to feel less like an actual story and more like the highlights package before a year long feud blows off.

Avenging Spider-Man #15.1 is written by Christopher Yost. Otto Octavius’s mind is now in Peter Parker’s body and in his first five days we read Otto’s narration about killing Peter Parker, making his new Spider-Man costume, his arrogance about things and at times admitting truths. This is one of the best issues I’ve read about Otto Octavius as Peter Parker/Spider-Man and if you want to try an issue from it, this and The Superior Spider-Man #1 are the best jumping on issues I’d recommend. I also chuckled at two SpOck lines.

I'm surprised there isn't more heat over the fact that she's going to be a shapeshifter. They couldn't just make her a Muslim... they've changed her origins from Kree to Skrull. FIRE NERD RAGE TORPEDOES!!!

Kamala is actually the new Ms. Marvel. I will also endorse Odessa's call for more Excalibur. She's a Doctor/Superhero FanGirl with superpowers and the most legendary sword in existence. Why the hell is she left on the bench? (I did like her Avengers Assemble appearance, too.)

Iron Man: Extremis collects Iron Man (Vol. 4) #1-6. This feels like a reintroduction to Tony Stark/Iron Man on its release, still now as his origin is updated, Stark trying to improve the world with social technologies coming from military ones/funding and Stark’s identity is a secret. Extremis, an experimental super-solider serum has been released into the wrong hands and it’s an important development for Tony Stark. While collecting a Justice League DVD from the library this week, I looked at the comic books section and found it. I looked online and this edition was reprinted this year because Extremis is used in Iron Man 3. It’s interesting seeing what was and wasn’t taken from it. There are parts of the book you can also see in Iron Man and to a lesser extent, Iron Man 2. This was a great story with great art.