DVDVR Message Board

Breaking Bad Final Season Continues August 11th

Elsalvajeloco

I think the best theory I've read is that Walt is mainly going back to kill Jesse and potentially take out Elliot and Gretchen. The two things that made his snap at the bar where 1) finding out Jesse's still alive and cooking blue meth 2) Elliot and Gretchen's snobbishness. 

The Nazis and the money aren't really important to Walt. Skylar and Walt Jr. will never take his money, so what does it matter? He has $11 million that's already useless, $70 million isn't going to change the situation either. He might kill the Nazis on his way to get to Jesse, but that's all. 

I think in Walt's mind, he blames Jesse for fucking everything up. He can't blame the Nazis for Hank's death, because then he'd have to take some of the blame for bringing Todd and his uncle into it, so he blames Jesse.

The Nazis are a red herring, IMO. It's not really about them.

Reed, I think the potential flaw in your theory is that Walt thinks Jesse is dead.  I guess the  big question is, does he think Aryan Jack & company figured out how to make the blue meth before killing Jesse, or does he think Jesse is making the blue meth for them? 

I don't think at this point, it is about money at all for Walt... at least not in the sense of a nest egg for his family. If he is after the money, it is purely for dick waving purposes.

He has $11 million that's already useless, $70 million isn't going to change the situation either.

Walt has about $100K.  That was all he could fit in the box for Walt Jr... everything else was left in the barrel at the cabin when the feds raided it. 

We've had the AMC Marathon on at our house nonstop.  I haven't really been watching, just background noise while doing other things, but man oh man...when Boxcutter came on earlier I had to switch the station.  That scene really bothers me, and I'm not generally the squeamish type.

No idea what's happening tonight, but.... Jesse has to kill Todd, right?  He's been the hands-on guy for everything the Aryans have done to Jesse, after all.

Also, he's stupidly talked Jack out of killing Jesse twice in the past few episodes.  There's got to be some karmic comeuppance for that, right?

Posted Image

Awesome Jeremiah Johnson reference.

I don't know if it was the best scene, but the moment of catharsis that tied it all together was Walt's long overdue heel realization as he finally admitted to Skylar that the entire past two years were mainly just an ego stroke on his part. Walt got his redemption and Heisenberg got his vengeance.

• Like 1