DVDVR Message Board

CHIKARA King of Trios 2014 - 9/19 to 9/21

nate

Has anyone brought up the idea of appearing at KOT to Austin on twitter?  Obviously it wouldn't happen, but I feel like paranoid heel "What?" Austin would fit Chikara like a glove.  (Again, obviously it wouldn't happen, and even if it did, it wouldn't be as a heel, but still...)

Jigsaw has different mask then when I've seen him last. And I'm guessing The Shard is the one on the left. And 17 doesnt look like a heel, he looks like lucha themed superhero.

That was kinda the point. 17 was supposed to be the anti-Quack, more or less. Just like Shard was originally the anti Jig, and DeviANT, AssailANT, and CombatANT were the anti Colony. That was GEKIDO. 

Actually, Devastation Corporation's individual names is straight out of the nicknames bit from MST3k's Space Mutiny:

Their manager, who I insist looks like the love child of Sgt Slaughter and Tony Clifton was selling photos with him photo shopped being interviewed by 1980's Vince McMahon.

• Like 1

The manager is spectacular even by Chikara standards. At the Meadowlands show last year he had his charges all lined up to use the john before their match one by one. "Good hygiene, fellows!"

The manager is spectacular even by Chikara standards. At the Meadowlands show last year he had his charges all lined up to use the john before their match one by one. "Good hygiene, fellows!"

That's absolutely fantastic.  I'm risking a write-up at work for being on here, just so I can say, "That's absolutely fantastic."

Damn.

While he is funny, i was at a WIF show and he must have managed 3/4 of the heels that night. So the gimmick wore itself thin due to overexposure.

Reminds me of one of the "MSG Classics" episodes where Jimmy Hart managed the heels in every match, including the women.