DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 8/22/14

victor

Seems like more of an average show this week:

* Randy Orton kicks off SmackDown with a promo talking about Roman Reigns. Orton says Reigns won a battle but not the war. He says tonight's main event against Rob Van Dam is an example of what he will do to other Superstars. 

* Seth Rollins vs. Jack Swagger is up next. Rollins hits a Curb Stomp outside of the ring and wins by count out. 

* After the match, Bo Dallas comes out and tells Swagger to keep Bo-lieving and don't be a Jack Zero. 

* Backstage segment with The Miz asking Kane for another shot against Dolph Ziggler. Kane says it won't happen but puts Miz in a match with Roman Reigns tonight. 

* Rusev squashed Sin Cara. 

* Backstage segment with Rob Van Dam. Randy Orton attacks him from behind and they brawl to the ring. They continue fighting and both get counted out. Orton continues to viciously attack RVD after the match and hits the draping DDT from the barrier. 

* Natalya vs. Paige in a non-title match is next. AJ Lee comes out and takes the Divas Title. Paige grabs the title back but Natalya takes advantage and gets the win with a Sharpshooter. 

* Stardust and Goldust defeated Erick Rowan and Luke Harper. After the match, Rowan and Harper beat them up. 

* Roman Reigns defeated The Miz with a spear. After the match, Randy Orton came out and had a staredown with Reigns. They brawled to end SmackDown. 

Disappointed to hear that Lesnar-Cena II will be at Night of Champions. Expected, but disappointed. One week out as a result of that beating isn't enough. At least two, perferably a month. I'm also concerned that with Lesnar probably not having multiple appearances, this is a way to get the title back on Cena due to a fluke win

I was thinking of a four way match for the #1 contender (Cena out due to injuries sustained), and Lesnar comes in and leaves them for dead. I'm talking F5's on barriers, on the announcing table, on the ring steps if someone's insane enough to take it. 

Roman Reigns is part Pacific Islander.  Why is he spearing dudes?  He should be Ura-nageing / Samoan Dropping the shit out of people.

As much as I love flash finishers, his Superman Punch is a better showtime spot than that stupid Spear.  Let him kill people with that.

I like that Kane is now the one announcing the "Tonight, you will take on...KANE/UNDERTAKER/THE BIG SHOW!!!" punishment match instead of being the one wrestling in that match. My how the tables have turned.

He needs to announce a punishment match for someone against THEDEMONKANE at some point.

I'm a bit disappointed that Rollins and Kane basically murdered a dude and it's just being treated as just another beatdown. That combined with Cena coming back to face Brock again at Night of Champions, and there's whole lot of underselling going on.

Well, HHH did come back the next night from being dropped by a forklift while trapped in car without a scratch. If he can come back from that, these guys are just being pussies and milking it.

I'm a bit disappointed that Rollins and Kane basically murdered a dude and it's just being treated as just another beatdown. That combined with Cena coming back to face Brock again at Night of Champions, and there's whole lot of underselling going on.

Well, HHH did come back the next night from being dropped by a forklift while trapped in car without a scratch. If he can come back from that, these guys are just being pussies and milking it.

That was undersold, but I recall Steph moaning about HHH being put in a HITC the next PPV by Mick Foley (the multiman where Rikishi takes a huge bump, Rock oversells the Stunner and Angle retains) when he wasn't medically cleared. But that was not good either.

The Giant fell off the roof of the arena and still wrestled the same night.  Cena's beating's nothing compared to that.

• Like 5

It's really gotten to the point where nothing matters in WWE. Wins and losses, titles, and now 'injuries'.

• Like 1

It's really gotten to the point where nothing matters in WWE. Wins and losses, titles, and now 'injuries'.

Hey now, building momentum is pretty huge.

• Like 1