DVDVR Message Board

DVDVR Fantasy Football 2014 Catch-All Thread

Kevin Wilson

Is it a money league?  If not, I always go with ethics and avoid people I am not comfortable with morally (like Big Ben, Vick, etc.) or just players teams I despise for weird fanship reasons (Brady, any Cowboy, etc.).

If it's a money league...different story.

I think in your case with Peterson, someone is going to grab him anyway so...unless y'all made an agreement to not pick him up, it should be OK.  Then again, if this is for fun, you might not want to log into your team all the time and be reminded of AP.

My team is an infirmary. Ben Tate, Mark Ingram, Carson Palmer, DeAngelo Williams, Jordan Cameron and MJD were out this week and/or may be out next week. Add in Josh Gordon and that's 7 dudes. I've never had that happen before. Mind you, many of those dudes were bench guys, but still, shit is ugly.

If it makes you feel any better, I refuse to play any players on teams in the Bills division.  There is no way in hell I am ever rooting for a Patriots player.

On the other hand I have no morals so having rapist, killers, etc. on my team doesn't bother me.  Besides, playing AD doesn't mean you support his actions, just means you want some damn fantasy points.

In my keeper league, I was stuck with two horrid RBs, (Ridley and Jones-Drew,) and the 10th pick in the first post-keeper draft round because I finished 3rd. Since 3rd place is your entry fee back, I figured this year is a freebie, so I drafted a lot of youngsters (Carlos Hyde, DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Tre Mason) in the hope that I'd get some good keepers for next year.

Week 1 I win by a half of a point on almost the last play of Monday Night (Arizona's 4th down stop) and this week Ridley has a day and I get almost 40 combined points from my kicker and my D and after 2 weeks, I'm the only undefeated team in the league

Jones saved my ass for one of my teams.  It also didn't hurt that I had the second highest scoring receiver as well.  Good thing too, because QB and RB gave me less than 10 points combined.

That team is cursed at RB.  I had 6 on the roster.  Foster, Tate & Moreno were out going into the game.  Woodhead got knocked out for the season in the 1st quarter.  McCoy was knocked out for part of the game as well.  At one point the only RB I had was actually playing for his team was on my bench.

Picked up Owen Daniels today, and I feel like that was a decent pick up. I had Ebron of Detroit at the start of the year, but dropped him after week 1 because it didn't seem like he was doing a whole lot. Anyhow, I'm feeling pretty pleased with myself. Should I be?

Full disclosure: my other TE is Julius Thomas.

Well since Desean Jackson as well as the rest of the Redskins up and died last night.  I am in a quandary as my other WR pick needs to be on point.

My options are TY Hilton vs. Titans, Marques Colston vs. Cowboys, or Mike Evans vs. Steelers.  Wondering which WR to start.

Kind of want to start Flacco rather than Luck.  Just because Steve Smith has promised "blood and guts everywhere"

God I hate the Thursday game

So not only did I chicken out and put Vernon Davis back in instead of leaving Larry Donnell in but now Davis is back to being a cripple so I have three TEs on my roster.

So yeah - everything can go fuck itself

Am I nuts for considering starting Brian Hoyer in my flex spot over Tom Brady? I mean, Hoyer's been good but (until now) Brady has always been one of those guys you never ever consider benching.

Am I nuts for considering starting Brian Hoyer in my flex spot over Tom Brady? I mean, Hoyer's been good but (until now) Brady has always been one of those guys you never ever consider benching.

I can't say ROS, but Brady looks like hell right now. This week CLE has TEN and NE has CIN, so I think that's a no brainer.

In a QB Flex league, who isn't rostered right now that's starting?

I can't say ROS, but Brady looks like hell right now. This week CLE has TEN and NE has CIN, so I think that's a no brainer.

In a QB Flex league, who isn't rostered right now that's starting?

In my league the only available starters are Ryan Fitzpatrick, Jake Locker, Austin Davis, Mike Glennon and Kyle Orton