DVDVR Message Board

DVDVR Fantasy Football 2014 Catch-All Thread

Kevin Wilson

I just wanna know how many teams are in your league if Forsett was still available

8 teams. I was shocked to see his name still there on the waiver wire.

Right now my RBs are Forsett, Tate, Bradshaw, Ingram, and Stacy. I think this week I'll roll with Forsett and Bradshaw, but I may go with Forsett and Tate instead.

I think you have to start Tate while he is healthy, because there are no guarantees week to week with him. The Steelers aren't a terrible match up for him either.

Tate and Bradshaw. Forsett is in a 3 RB system.

Hrmm, i know that, but it seems like the job is Forsett's.

My other quandary is which defense do I play, Seattle or the Colts.

Equally bad is my QB2, which is either Romo or Cousins.

Freddie is fine, the bigger issue is that Spiller has been pretty completely useless in the run game and the pass game, since Jackson is also a better blocker.  Many would argue the game planing is doing him no favors but that doesn't change the fact he isn't producing.  I still wouldn't drop Spiller though, I know in our league every starting RB, backup RB, and usually their backup is on a team.  We're hardcore.

I'm in a 14-team league with too many bench slots, and the waiver wire is to the point where I think there are only 3-4 RBs on the waiver wire that are projected to score any points at all, and Peyton Hillis is the #1 guy available.

Are you in a PPR - because Forsett has much more value there since he gets way more targets than Taliaferro or Pierce (plus Pierce is still very breakable)

It's just .5 PPR, that's why I was thinking of him and Bradshaw because who knows how well Tate is going to hold up.

My bigger problems lie with the D and my QB2 spot I think.

I'd like to thank the Texans for letting TY Hilton go off. His point outburst (and damn wish I had that first TD too) *might* help me make up for having to have Bernard Pierce and Roy Helu as my two starting RBs. This is that 14-team league I mentioned with too many bench slots, and I was drafting #11. I missed out on the top RBs, and then forgot it was a 14-team league so I didn't get my almost immediate flip. My best RB is Ryan Matthews, followed by Mark Ingram and Shonn Greene (winning early didn't help me get any waiver wire help either).

I went with Bradshaw and Forsett. Then Tate had 2 TDs on the day. Goddammit. To make matters more fucked, I was down by 10 points and my opponent only had Eli left while I had Maclin and Cruz. Cruz blew out his knee and Maclin was practically completely forgotten about. Even if I started Tate over Forsett, I would have lost. It also doesn't help that Seattle's D is a shell of what it was last year.

Yo Rippa, with Cruz out you think Randle or Beckham will be a better points-getter?  I assume that Randle will get more catches but Beckham has more of the 'big game' potential.  Tough life decisions.

Randle had already been getting more targets before Cruz's injury.

Most likely Beckham's looks would increase along with that Preston Parker guy

My domination of the Emeritus league continues, while my up-and-down in my pay leagues also rolls along. Think I'll end up 3-3 in all 3.

Took a gamble this week and am starting Austin Davis over Foles (from Austin). Nick did his usual 17-point performance, hope I played it right.

My domination of the Emeritus league continues, while my up-and-down in my pay leagues also rolls along. Think I'll end up 3-3 in all 3.

Took a gamble this week and am starting Austin Davis over Foles (from Austin). Nick did his usual 17-point performance, hope I played it right.

I hate that league right now.  I got 84 combined points from Newton & Brady, am gonna have my highest point total of the season by far and am still going to lose by 30 points.

Before I break my arm patting myself on the back, I apparently misread the schedule and didn't realize that Davis is playing the Seahawks this week and now I have another desperation waiver move to make. Already having to account for Cruz's injury, Green's injury, and Mike Evans' bye week.

Up until this week, my teams have been pretty straightforward on who to play, this week I have a couple questions. Any advice is appreciated.

Team 1: Delanie Walker (@WAS) or Jordan Reed (TEN) at TE? Or do I start both of them and drop Cordarrelle Patterson (@BUF) as my flex?

Team 2: Injuries have left me with no option but to start 2 of the three-headed Saints RB monster. I'm actually not terribly upset about this, because the Saints offense this year has been pretty good to the RBs playing. But which two? Ingram is supposed to be back this week and looked like the man in weeks 1 an 2, but can I trust him to get the reps? Ingram/Thomas? Ingram/Robinson? Thomas/Robinson?

And before you say waiver wire, I do have a claim in for Jonathan Stewart, but it is otherwise bare. Unless I roll the dice and pick up Brandon Bolden. Fuck, why do the Saints have to be playing the Lions this week?

Team 3: Um, nothing...yet anyway.

I think the Saints' backfield will be impenetrable for at least a week or two as we see what Ingram looks like with the hand. Both of their other backs have been performing fairly well, so they can afford to ease him in. If I was a betting man, I'd lay my pesos on Pierre first and then I'd spin the wheel and make the deal on either Ingram or Robinson. It's a toss up.

Bolden is interesting. I was forced to pick him up in the DVDVR money league because my RBs suck and so does the RB FA pool in that league. For at least a week or so, he should get the between the tackles work, as he's the bigger guy between their three backs. ROS, who knows? The Pats could dial up Grey (?) from the practice squad or add a new player. They could also rework their game plan and make Bolden irrelevant. This week I think Bolden could be an OK desperation play.

I think the Saints' backfield will be impenetrable for at least a week or two as we see what Ingram looks like with the hand. Both of their other backs have been performing fairly well, so they can afford to ease him in. If I was a betting man, I'd lay my pesos on Pierre first and then I'd spin the wheel and make the deal on either Ingram or Robinson. It's a toss up.

Bolden is interesting. I was forced to pick him up in the DVDVR money league because my RBs suck and so does the RB FA pool in that league. For at least a week or so, he should get the between the tackles work, as he's the bigger guy between their three backs. ROS, who knows? The Pats could dial up Grey (?) from the practice squad or add a new player. They could also rework their game plan and make Bolden irrelevant. This week I think Bolden could be an OK desperation play.

I picked up Bolden in one of my leagues for the same reason, but then I read their text that says that he's such a huge part of the Patriots special teams that he might not get a whole lot of work at RB. So I don't know. I would think that any of the Saints 3 would be better.

I picked up Bolden in one of my leagues for the same reason, but then I read their text that says that he's such a huge part of the Patriots special teams that he might not get a whole lot of work at RB. So I don't know. I would think that any of the Saints 3 would be better.

I've heard the same thing about special teams with Bolden. I don't think any of us can suss out the situation in New England any better than simply putting the names of any RB on a dart board. Picking up Bolden is as good of a guess as any. Playing him vs. one of the Saints 3 is a gamble, especially since NE is playing the Jets who can actually defend against the run. It could pay off, as we have no idea what's going to happen in NO and they are playing DET who is good against the run as well.

FF comes down to luck some times. I have a feeling OP will change his lineup at least 6 times between now and Sunday Noon. In this situation there is no obvious play.

Ok, dudes. I have a pretty happenin' squad (3-3, but I've made some big ol' trades since Sunday), but I have two big questions for this week:

1) Matthew Stafford or Russell Wilson?

Wilson is up against St. Louis on a short week, but they're pretty adept at stopping the pass. This is gonna be the Beast Mode show for sure, with MAYBE 15-20 yards rushing, I'm guessing. At the same time, dude is gonna be fired up coming off that shit show last week.

Stafford is up against New Orleans, who are fresh as hell coming off the bye. He's also got no Calvin Johnson. How much faith can I really put in Golden Tate in a match like this?

2) WHO IS MY RB2?!?!?!?!

Picked up Ronnie Hillman last week, and it paid off hard. That being said, the 49ers, whether they're down or up, will now and forever stop that run. That's the culture of that team.

Demarco Murray is my #1, so I have a little wiggle room, but my RB bench is motherfucking ATROCIOUS.

Pierre Thomas: Huge week before the bye, but Ingram is coming in hot, and Khiry is nothing to sneeze at either. But, the Saints are Jimmy Graham-less, and they might be looking to ease Ingram in before throwing him to the wolves. That being said, they are playing Detroit. This kills the run.

Chris Ivory: Not only do they seem to be rolling the dice on a decrepit Chris Johnson for some reason, but everything about this team is shit. Sorry. They just are. Plus they're a) AT New England  B) the weather is gonna be absolute garbage and C) it's a Thursday, and we all know how these games work. Honest to God, I'm probably gonna catch up on Nitro.

Zac Stacy AND Benny Cunningham: Not sure what the fuck I was thinking here. Picked up Cunningham when I thought Stacy might be out with an ankle issue last week-- this was not the case. St. Louis has given up the most points to defenses all year, and they're playing Seattle. I HAVE Seattle's defense, so I don't wanna cannibalize my own points. Neither of these guys can feasibly get the start, at all, ever.

We are in a .5 PPR. Our lineups, as it stands now, are as so:

QGLkiX5.png

Thanks guys

Hillman or Thomas would be my picks, leaning towards Hillman just because who knows what the Saints are gonna do (aka, the elizium Quandary). I'd avoid the Rams rbs, they suck and now they're getting Tre Mason involved and I have a strict No Jets policy, so No Jets.

Ok, dudes. I have a pretty happenin' squad (3-3, but I've made some big ol' trades since Sunday), but I have two big questions for this week:

1) Matthew Stafford or Russell Wilson?

Wilson is up against St. Louis on a short week, but they're pretty adept at stopping the pass. This is gonna be the Beast Mode show for sure, with MAYBE 15-20 yards rushing, I'm guessing. At the same time, dude is gonna be fired up coming off that shit show last week.

Stafford is up against New Orleans, who are fresh as hell coming off the bye. He's also got no Calvin Johnson. How much faith can I really put in Golden Tate in a match like this?

2) WHO IS MY RB2?!?!?!?!

Picked up Ronnie Hillman last week, and it paid off hard. That being said, the 49ers, whether they're down or up, will now and forever stop that run. That's the culture of that team.

Demarco Murray is my #1, so I have a little wiggle room, but my RB bench is motherfucking ATROCIOUS.

Pierre Thomas: Huge week before the bye, but Ingram is coming in hot, and Khiry is nothing to sneeze at either. But, the Saints are Jimmy Graham-less, and they might be looking to ease Ingram in before throwing him to the wolves. That being said, they are playing Detroit. This kills the run.

Chris Ivory: Not only do they seem to be rolling the dice on a decrepit Chris Johnson for some reason, but everything about this team is shit. Sorry. They just are. Plus they're a) AT New England  B) the weather is gonna be absolute garbage and C) it's a Thursday, and we all know how these games work. Honest to God, I'm probably gonna catch up on Nitro.

Zac Stacy AND Benny Cunningham: Not sure what the fuck I was thinking here. Picked up Cunningham when I thought Stacy might be out with an ankle issue last week-- this was not the case. St. Louis has given up the most points to defenses all year, and they're playing Seattle. I HAVE Seattle's defense, so I don't wanna cannibalize my own points. Neither of these guys can feasibly get the start, at all, ever.

We are in a .5 PPR. Our lineups, as it stands now, are as so:

QGLkiX5.png

Thanks guys

1. Wilson rushing yards plus it's hard to trust Stafford without Calvin the passing game is much different.

2. Hillman or Thomas as well for me. The good thing with Hillman, he is the guy for that team right now but remember no Bowman in the middle and probably no Willis this week either. Thomas your hoping for lots of catches out of the backfield.