DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2k15

RonL21

Mike Futter @Futterish  ·  2h 2 hours ago

For WWE 2K15 fans. No, all six things are NOT included in the season pass. Just the Accelerator and three story lines.
The other items (NXT, WCW, move pack) will be available at a discount, a la carte for season pass holders.

https://twitter.com/Futterish

That's shitty

Seems really shitty.

Wait, when looking at the Warrior pack, are they actually including his WM XII match with HHH? That will be glorious.

I guess I'll get the $25 dollar Season Pass (not a digital guy unless the game itself is on deep discount) because in the end, I want to play the Henry and Warrior DLC, and there was no way that I would not get the WCW and NXT stuff. It's too bad that they didn't just throw the WCW and NXT stuff into the Season Pass - would have been a really great deal. 

None of the showcase feuds are "classics." How do you FINALLY have Sting and not have him vs. Flair, Hogan or Vader?

I suppose 2K wanted to avoid retread, going over feuds that have been played in previous games, but cutting out anything that happened at a Wrestlemania or during the attitude era is limiting. Shit, Eddie vs. Rey was right there for the taking.

• Like 1

Mike Futter @Futterish  ·  2h 2 hours ago

For WWE 2K15 fans. No, all six things are NOT included in the season pass. Just the Accelerator and three story lines.
The other items (NXT, WCW, move pack) will be available at a discount, a la carte for season pass holders.

That's shitty

Wow, so now they're triple dipping.  Christ.

Mike Futter @Futterish · 2h 2 hours ago

That's shitty

Wow, so now they're triple dipping. Christ.

Don't buy them.

That's shitty

Don't buy them.

I definitely won't.  Honestly, say what you want about DLC, but offering a season pass and then offering additional DLC not covered by season pass on top of it?  Holy shit.  That's some fucking balls right there.

So do you disagree and feel it's cool for 2K to charge, essentially, $100+ for this?  Twice now you've been compelled to reply when I've commented on this topic, and neither time have you offered any argument or your own opinion, just snark.  It's the equivalent of jumping into a conversation and asking "why do you care?" which is bannable around these parts, last I heard.

• Like 1

That's shitty

Don't buy them.

NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO BE UPSET!

That's shitty

Don't buy them.

I definitely won't.  Honestly, say what you want about DLC, but offering a season pass and then offering additional DLC not covered by season pass on top of it?  Holy shit.  That's some fucking balls right there.

So do you disagree and feel it's cool for 2K to charge, essentially, $100+ for this?  Twice now you've been compelled to reply when I've commented on this topic, and neither time have you offered any argument or your own opinion, just snark.  It's the equivalent of jumping into a conversation and asking "why do you care?" which is bannable around these parts, last I heard.

It's absolutely not the equivalent to that, but since you asked... I'm not buying the game. Was never really planning on it unless they changed the gameplay drastically (which I don't think they did). Might rent it. But certainly not gonna get the DLC. Also, stop with the fighting dude, I have no quarrel with you.

Game in general are cheaper than ever and offer more content than ever. And actually are more expensive to produce than ever before. It's unsustainable for the industry. That's why I have no issue with DLC in general. This one is too much for me, so I'll pass. But if they get enough other people to buy it, then yeah, we all voted that it's "okay". And if they don't, they'll adjust accordingly next time.

Re: DLC, since the base price of a game is still sixty dollars and has been for about twenty years even with inflation, it stands to reason that game companies are going to try to make enough money to cover for the fact that people by and large don't want to pay more than sixty bucks for a new game even though the prices of everything else they consume has gone up.

Frankly, I like DLC because it gives me more options than if they just put all that content in to the base game and charged ninety bucks or whatever. This way, I can pick and choose what I want if I so desire, or I can buy it all, or I can buy none of it and just get the base game new for a really low price. For those companies that do crappy DLC (I'm looking at you, Capcom), I can ignore that shit, but for stuff like Fallout, the awesome DLC lets me extend a game that I really love so that now I can waste a hundred and fifty hours of my life running around in it using a jerry-rigged electric sword to lop off the heads of Super Mutants instead of just a hundred hours doing that. 

• Like 1

It is important to mention that game prices haven't went up a lot in a long time. I think people are a bit perturbed because a "season pass" should include every piece of DLC content or it's not really a season pass. I understand the complaint.

That being said, I'm getting the game. Digital download on PS4 for 80 bucks. And I might pass on the NXT guys for awhile, but I have to get those WCW wrestlers. To each their own.