DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2k15

RonL21

They announced Who Got NXT for 360/PS3 today. Like Attitude Era & 30 Years of WrestleMania, you play matches with objectives to unlock the NXT guys and moves. There's also Proving Ground which is like Beat the Streak but with John Cena as the opponent. The NXT Arrival arena is only on PS3/360.

Hey Jayhawk_in_cny,

Aren't you upset that the 360 versions won't have the GM My Career modes, etc?! I am, and I'm in the same boat as y9ou...so until I can sell a kidney I'll be waiting to buy a PS4.

It's a little disappointing, but all in all, I'm just glad they released one for the 360 this year.  The fact that it's not completely stripped and even has an exclusive mode is pretty cool.  I would like to give MyCareer a try, but that may have to wait a while.  For then, I'll take this one, as it's looking pretty good in and of itself.

There are videos floating around of last-gen gameplay. Doesn't look like they changed much of anything.

I'm gonna be a bit pissed if the elimination chamber isn't different on current platforms. And it looks like most of the "hidden" wrestlers are just duplicates or alternate attires.

I have it (360 version).  Have played it for a bit.  It's really not that bad.  A lot of the stuff in the Next-Gen versions isn't there, but what is there is good.  Haven't played 2K Showcase mode yet, or much other than a few exhibition matches.  It's fun for what it is, but honestly it does kind of come off as WWE2K14.5.  Also, they did a damn good job on the Wyatt's entrance, even on last-gen, complete with the "We're here" clip.

EDIT:  I kind of figured the Shield wouldn't have updated attires, but am VERY disappointed to see Ambrose still with the Shield theme and crowd entrance.  Time for some entrance editing.

I was reading about how gutted the last gen version were yesterday. It pisses me off as I was going to buy it in December, but way too much is missing or unimproved from the sounds of it. It annoys me even more as I seriously doubt the last gen systems couldn't have handled the additions on the new gen systems. THQ never actually tried to improve them much so there should be a fair bit of untapped potential in them.

What's particularly surprising, reading the IGN review anyway, is that there's a difference in gameplay between the last gen and current gen versions. I figured at the very least they would play similarly, but it sounds like the current gen version plays better.

One thing I noticed from the videos of showcase mode is that the match-specific commentary is genuinely really good (as in, it sounds authentically like Cole and Lawler having a real conversation about real matches that happened). It seemed kind of embarrassingly streets ahead of all the awful canned stuff that's still in from previous years

CROW STING UPDATE:

His comeback is just three clotheslines in a row causing them to stagger in to the corner - that's bad

The stinger splash is a signature move - that's good

it looks bad and is a corner grapple where he has to back away from them - that's bad

his finishers look fine and there is a SDL from standing and ground - that's good

Does he have the back fist punches though? Disappointed he doesn't say anything to his opponent during the death drop (it was in WCW Revenge, for crying out loud!) and the height on the splash is weak.

Does he have the back fist punches though? Disappointed he doesn't say anything to his opponent during the death drop (it was in WCW Revenge, for crying out loud!) and the height on the splash is weak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2Y07mL8sW8

at 2:13

his comeback shoulda had a bunch of these followed by a stinger splash where he knocks himself out on the turnbuckle if you fail the QTE

• Like 2

That would be soooo great. I forget, can you make custom comebacks?

it writes itself, right? no sell some punches, flex yr muscles, beat him senseless then gamble it all on the stinger splash

you basically can't make custom anything on the version that's just come out but they haven't announced anything about the creation suites on the new-gen versions yet