DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2k15

RonL21

I'm actually enjoying the game, despite it's limitations. The gameplay is subtly better, what with the crawling to the ropes, the different ways of covering for the pins, etc. , but what I'm finding strange is there are a lot of seemingly obvious guys that you'd figure would be made as Community Creations that haven't been made, at least for the XBone. I've yet to find a Thatcher, Gulak, or Busick, and with those dudes being kinda the recent collective flavor of the month, you'd think SOMEONE would have made them by now.

The worst thing for me is just how many moveset options they've taken out. You could have a GIGANTIC moveset for guys using limb damage move slots, but now they've whittled that down to one spot instead of five, and it kills movesets. Plus, the whole medium/heavy system is a bitch to figure out and you can't really tell what move you're going to do before you do it.

I'm actually enjoying the game, despite it's limitations. The gameplay is subtly better, what with the crawling to the ropes, the different ways of covering for the pins, etc. , but what I'm finding strange is there are a lot of seemingly obvious guys that you'd figure would be made as Community Creations that haven't been made, at least for the XBone. I've yet to find a Thatcher, Gulak, or Busick, and with those dudes being kinda the recent collective flavor of the month, you'd think SOMEONE would have made them by now.

From what I've seen on the community creations area, they're mostly focused on NXT guys.  Those guys are obscure enough even on the indy scene that I'd be surprised if there were CAWs for them.

Also, the CAWs are so insanely limited, especially on face and size options, that making anyone accurately is going to be nigh-impossible.  I can't even come up with good looks for my own personal creations because they all come out looking nearly identical, especially in the face.

• 2 weeks later...

WWE 2K15 comes out on PC this Tuesday, and is on preorder on Steam for 10% off ($44.99 USD).

It won't have a retail release - Steam only - but will include all the DLC, except for Paige, who was a Showcase Pass console exclusive.

I'll end up getting it to see what the differences (if any) might be, while also hoping the mod community latches onto this one.

• Like 1

Specs were an Intel i7-980x Extreme with 12GB of RAM and two ATI Radeon HD 5770s, and it couldn't run the game at more than middle settings.  

Thankfully, those cards decided to finally give up the ghost today after five years, and I replaced them with a GeForce GTX 970.  MUCH better - the game is now running with no frame drop at maximum settings (1920x1080, though, since my monitor doesn't do better).

Ran Brock v. Luke Harper in a No Holds Barred match, and it ran smooth as silk, with Brock over after an F-5 on a ladder.  (Ouch.)

• Like 1

According to Meltzer, when they say minimum settings, they mean it!

-- Game Debate has a look at the effects of the various graphical sliders in tbe PC version of WWE 2K15. The comparison betwen minimum and maximum graphic settings includes no fans in the arena on the minimum setting. Next step: See what modders can do.

I have.  The crowd sliders affect the crowd past the ringside area, for the most part - I knocked the slider down and still had a full ringside, but sparse people in the back rows.

They're correct on the settings - it does require a pretty beefy card to run it.  The ATI Radeon HD 5770s I had were choking on it, but the GeForce GTX 970 I just purchased plays it fine on max. 

I think 99% of the glitches people are seeing is because they're overtaxing their cards with settings that are way too high to play.  Haven't had any issues since the upgrade, although it did crash when I was about to beat Roman Reigns with the Big Show.  That might just be by design, though.

Modding is already in full swing as modders figure out the files - 2K actually left pretty much everything out in the open.  Titantrons are already being replaced, and those poking in the .pac files have already changed move names, worked on some basic geometry changes, and have even found the Lua scripts that govern gameplay.  Once the files are busted wide open, we're probably gonna see some insane stuff, and sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

Doubt it, but who knows.  The game hasn't even been out a week.

I've been on smacktalks.org, which has a modding discussion (and posts from the guy making X Packer 10, the main software used for the 2K game mods) but the 2K forum has good stuff too. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

With the limitations put on CAWs I found no need to even try Universe Mode.  It was the main thing that kept me playing for quite some time.  For a ROH roster I downloaded some of the wrestlers but also ended up using in-game characters like Cesaro.  It kind of works but it's not the same.  No ROH ring to put it in, and there's some goofy way of unlocking rivalries.  Might pick up and play again one of these days, but between cool free PS4 games and UFC I've got enough going on.  Toss in shit on DVR and not much time to watch it and that puts the game at a low priority.

• 4 weeks later...

The CAW mode is so disappointing most of the regular contributors sat this game out. The only CAW's that look really good are the ones where they've used current/previous WWE games scans of the faces but that doesn't help you with expanding your roster outside of the WWE.

Yeah, I noticed early on a lot of the contributors said they were going to sit out.  I still found some gems, but anymore on sites like caws.ws they're content with just doing reskins which is a shame.  If you didn't have to make another CAW slot for those I'd be more likely to get them.  I'm curious if that changed with the PC version.  Surely there's some kind of mod to get around that.

• 3 weeks later...