DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Don't link to the shit or anything. How am I supposed to read the shit, when I'm too lazy to go find it? (Granted, if I get too lazy, I may gain weight and then lose my jerb!)

How many times are you going to edit that post because that's like the third time.

Have you had to scrap the meme you were going to use or something?

So anyways back to thinking Hero was released as he didn't have the adonis like bodies of Bo Dallas, Mojo Rawley's gut or Bull freaking Dempsey.

I also love the irony of this thread being too lame and mental to reply to, but not enough to prevent him from repeatedly editing his posts in this thread.

That's not irony, mate.

An attempt to not get this thread locked:

What are smark communities in Japan and Mexico like? Are there message boards in the Japanese wrestling community like DVDVR that get into heated discussions over the merits of Kota Ibushi's flippiness vs. Tenryu's grumpiness? Or complaining about Joe Doering's push to the Triple Crown? Do they also think it's bullshit that Meltzer is calling this year's G1 "the greatest wrestling tournament ever"?

Same with Mexico. Is there a smark community excited about the potential of Alberto Del Rio returning to AAA?

Just curious if anyone has any knowledge on that and what the vibe towards current product is like compared to America, some of the similar and different views they may have towards "da bizness" as us.

• Like 2

okay okay, let's leave rovert alone. He doesn't want to tell us again so let's leave it at that.

I did just the thread got swamped with rubbish and you vs me stuff. Again I posted the short version on here back in May.

Even if you didn't see that I am amazed that anyone with eyes and common sense believes Hero got released because he was fat.

An attempt to not get this thread locked:

What are smark communities in Japan and Mexico like? Are there message boards in the Japanese wrestling community like DVDVR that get into heated discussions over the merits of Kota Ibushi's flippiness vs. Tenryu's grumpiness? Or complaining about Joe Doering's push to the Triple Crown? Do they also think it's bullshit that Meltzer is calling this year's G1 "the greatest wrestling tournament ever"?

Same with Mexico. Is there a smark community excited about the potential of Alberto Del Rio returning to AAA?

Just curious if anyone has any knowledge on that and what the vibe towards current product is like compared to America, some of the similar and different views they may have towards "da bizness" as us.

Actually, that's a good question. I've wondered about that as well.

okay okay, let's leave rovert alone. He doesn't want to tell us again so let's leave it at that.

I did just the thread got swamped with rubbish and you vs me stuff. Again I posted the short version on here back in May.

Even if you didn't see that I am amazed that anyone with eyes and common sense believes Hero got released because he was fat.

Post it again, please; at least, a link to the post.  I use my cell phone to review the board, and the mobile version is so unweildy.  I ask this with all due respect, as a legit request.

• Like 1

God I hate people like you. His physique was not the reason WWE let him go. You don't get fired from NXT for one reason. Triple H didn't see much marketable in him and a couple of big names on the main roster put the mouth on him after getting a poor impression of him. His lack of effort in the gym was an issue six months before he was released.

And where is Bryan now?

This is a ridiculous argument. You don't criticize a promotion for booking their hottest act into a position to be successful. You criticize the promotion for not having booked their second- and third- and fourth-hottest acts to be in a position to take that first guy's place in case of injury. 

If WWE books Cesaro strong and goes through with a full face turn at WM, for example, maybe they have a better option than this Roman Reigns face push.

Re: The Shield shouldn't have crushed Evolution as quickly, that's also ridiculous. The Shield was hotter than ever after they mowed down all the old dudes. There are more than two options here. One might be a call-up of guys in developmental that could feud with the Shield (this might have been a good time to add some other dude to The Ascension and see what you could get out of a trios team against the Shield). Another might be not to break them up and to let them pursue individual goals while still teaming up to beat down any threats.

They were so incredibly over as faces after dispatching of Evolution, so of course they were broken up. 

• Like 3

As was posted in one of the "TNA is dying" threads, Impact is moving to Wednesday, which means a Heaven/Hell scenario for a couple of weeks!

Monday - Raw

Tuesday - Main Event

Wednesday - Impact

Thursday - NXT

Friday - Smackdown

Saturday - Lucha

Sunday - PPV (for one week only!)

Luke Harper looked really good in that one match against him.

The rematch I assume because Luke just steam rolled him the first time.  I honestly think the issue with that second match is that Luke came off as so much better at striking than the guy who has a striker gimmick that it hurt Hero the long way around the barn.  The Regal match was the other highlight of the NXT run and... god that match was so good but there was little to no chance of a match of that sort (which emphasized limb work and holds with only a bare minimum of bumping) being presented on the big show.

Good for MVP. I already really liked the guy hearing him in interviews and such, but my respect. For him just shot through the roof

...that's a very weird sentence break.

My thumbs are too chubby for my smart phone :(