DVDVR Message Board

How Often Do You Think About Wrestling?

Serious question fellas. How much do you think about wrestling? I swear, just about any physical activity I do, wrestling crosses my mind. Few examples.

1. I bought a groupon to this indoor trampoline spot a few weeks ago. It is basically a place with a bunch of oversized trampoline beds and folks basically come in and go wild. The whole time I was there, I was trying to perfect my Swanton. I was trying to do some 450's but I couldn't perfect it. Just makes me respect those flyers because I was somewhat scared to even attempt certain moves on a soft surface like a trampoline. If you can find one in your area you need to go and fly man -

2. Yesterday I did one of those obstacle course/races. And there were spots where you had to keep your balance along narrow beams but you were being hit with objects. One stop, I got blasted with a dodge ball and I got swept off of my feel. And what do I naturally do without thinking while I am falling? No lie.

stone-cold-stunners-the-rock-o.gif

So it is always on my mind, what about the rest of yall?

• Like 1

Certainly every day, but I dunno how often every day.  I've got a couple dozen different hobbies I'm obsessed with, so rasslin' has a lot of competition in my clogged brain.  

It is kinda funny when you step back and look at how in-the-bubble you can become with it.  Like, once I was hanging out with Brian Lee at a mutual friend's house.  The house had a stairway that led up to the attic but didn't have a guardrail on it.  Brian took one look at it and immediately said "Goddamn, you could do one hell of an elbow off that thing, couldn't you?"  It was INSTANTLY the very first thing that came to his mind.  Understandable, when it's a guy who's spent most of his life working in that industry, but still very telling. 

Way too much. Most nights I think out angles and matches in my head as I fall asleep. It calms me down and I get to sleep faster. Maybe it's a childhood/nostalgia thing.

I'm  in the same boat. It started when I was four or five and just continued.  

My priorities in life look something like this:

1. sex

2. food

3. wrestling

4. money

5. work

As I write this I seriously wish I was joking.

• Like 1

I managed to avoid clicking on this thread for as long as possible,due to what I feared lied inside. It's like that weird swamp from Dagobah where Luke faced that weird Darth Vader hallucination and yeah... Wow I am a loser.

• 10 months later...

Even passwords are all somehow wrestling related. It can be the most obscure wrestling related item at that,

For examples, my school takes these standardized tests called PARCC. So of course my password had to be something related to the Chairman of WCW

While watching the Pacquiao vs. Mayweather fight last night, I was thinking "Floyd is totally taking the ball to right field.", referencing that Cactus Jack ECW promo about he would do things his way and not dance around and be safe to get to 30 without being in a wheelchair.

I'm sure if I said that to anyone, they wouldn't know what I was talking about.

Everyday. Some from or fashion. Everytime I climb a ladder climb it nice and slow while being 'super exhausted'. I also pretty much explain use pro wrestling to help explain ANYTHING. I.E. The Kardashian don't have to do a lot or be super hard workers to make millions- Hulk Hogan did it for years. I describe bad people (not like Hitler or anyone) as heels, etc. So yeah..every day legit pro wrestling is somehow in my life if I am not watching it. I also think about different angles and how The Network can improve and all this other random stuff.

Count me in the "think about it everyday" boat.  Being on here definitely facilitates that, as I mainly read it during work.  Not sure everything is wrestling to me, but a good amount certainly is.  I could look at Conor Mcgregor and instantly think how great a pro wrestling heel he'd be, he's already got the promos down pat.  Or Mayweather being quite the hugger a la Bayley.  If I did a tally of how much I think about it in a day I would be either not surprised one bit or slightly depressed.  I'm just glad it hasn't kept me from being productive.

Does "wanting to give someone the stiffest Stan Hansen style lariat" thinking about wrestling? If so, multiple times during the work week.  

There is this park near me where the bike riders make me want to hit them with Stan Hansen Western Lariats every single time I go. 

I think about wrestling a lot.  When my mind wanders, which is kind of a lot, it often goes to wrestling.  Sometimes I think about what kind of character I would play, and what moves I would use.  I think I'd be a great Floyd Mayweather style heel.  I'd act like a cocky asshole, but I'd be such a sound technical wrestler I'd more than back it up.  To top it all off, I'd have Lana be my manager/main squeeze, to take advantage of the people who would hate my cocky ass for flaunting around that fine ass white woman.  I may or may not already know how I'd turn face.  I would either use a Rainmaker set up to a judo throw, or an elevated cutter with a vertical suplex setup. 

*wakes up from dream where I was running a women's wrestling promotion* I don't know what you're all talking about.

Jesus, two nights in a row. This time I was an indy wrestler and I was booked to go over in a ladder match, but our regular ladder was broken, so I had to find one that would hold my weight. Then I got distracted by a family crisis, and I ended up missing the show, and had to apologize to the promoter, who was like 5 feet tall.