DVDVR Message Board

JUNE ANIMATED GIF THREAD

They aren't convincing underclass hillbillies from the last century that it is 100% real. I wouldn't take it too seriously.

Y'know, I don't get upset when people talk about rednecks in the context of how delightfully trashy pro wrestling can be (example "it was like watching an awesome fight between two surly rednecks") and I already know that people from Appalachia are the one group that nobody will ever step up to defend but bringing up class in such a negative way is pretty tacky. Yes, pro wrestling is generally consumed by poor folks but I prefer to embrace pro wrestling as a populist form of entertainment instead of acting like indy wrestling is somehow just enlightened enough for the upper crust. 

Sure just the primary goal of match doesn't have to be convincing people that the match is real. Some here are pretending we still live in a prior era.

You are over stating the class I was more referring to a generalised sense of significant and access to information.

The Bucks are a World tested act and the best tag team in the world right now.

The Bucks aren't even the best tag team in any company they compete in.

Ok, bro.

Goto/Shibata... Daniels/Kaz... Both better than The Hardly Boyz.

Anderson/Gallows. Archer/Smith, Nagata/Sakuraba...

None of those teams have the match quality, tag reigns, peer respect or as in demand as the Bucks.

Raziel403 list seems more of childish exercise of spuriously listing teams than one based actually merit.

None of those teams have the match quality, tag reigns, peer respect or as in demand as the Bucks.

You're right. In all cases, they have more. I'll take the Bucks seriously when they stop looking like 14 year old yardtards and can do a match without half a dozen superkicks and without looking ridiculously overly choreographed and exposing the business.

You're right. In all cases, they have more. I'll take the Bucks seriously when they stop looking like 14 year old yardtards and can do a match without half a dozen superkicks and without looking ridiculously overly choreographed and exposing the business.

The business is already exposed. Pretending otherwise is cringey making a point for the sake of making a point stuff rather than engaging with reality and what fans openingly accept or even outright expect in 2014.

If logic and psychology was THAT important they wouldn't be as successful as they are. But it simply isn't.