DVDVR Message Board

All things Batman and the big screen.

The Natural

Guest The Magnificent 7

Ben Affleck a great actor. 

Ben Affleck a great actor.

Someone actually said that.

I'll put it to you this way, when I recently saw the preview for Runner, Runner in the theater I wasn't like "Aww shit, Justin Timberlake is in this."  It was the other guy.

Guest The Magnificent 7

Reinforcements at last!

Well, someone has to offset the Kevin Smith slurpers and bring some sanity to the thread.

Guest The Magnificent 7

Ben Affleck has previous for killing successful franchises dead.  His take on Jack Ryan after some great movies by Baldwin and Ford just killed it dead for 11 years. 

He will be an awful Batman.

Ben Affleck has previous for killing successful franchises dead.  His take on Jack Ryan after some great movies by Baldwin and Ford just killed it dead for 11 years. 

He will be an awful Batman.

*Bookmarking page*

Ben Affleck will join Henry Cavill in Warner Bros.' Man of Steel sequel, the studio announced on Thursday.

The project was announced at Comic-Con earlier this year, prompting much speculation surrounding who would play the caped crusader. Zack Snyder is back in the director's chair for the project, which places Batman and Superman together on the big screen for the first time.

The film is slated to open worldwide on  July 17, 2015.

Affleck is no stranger to the superhero genre. He played the title role in Marvel's 2003 film, Daredevil, and embodiedGeorge Reeves -- who starred in the 1950s TV series Adventures of Superman -- in 2006's Hollywoodland.  The move also furthers Affleck's relationship with Warner Bros. after last year's Academy Award-winning Argo and his next directing vehicle, Live By Night.

Man of Steel has earned more than $650 million worldwide to date.

More to come...

Posted Image

NO FUCKING WAY!

Didn't expect to wake up to this news. I forgot all about Ben Affleck for Bruce Wayne/Batman. Did anybody else mention him? Reaction is mixed. Remember Michael Keaton and Batman (1989), Heath Ledger and The Dark Knight? I'm interested to see what we'll get. Fuck, let Ben Affleck direct it as well.

It's confirmed. It was an official announcement from WB, there's an article on DC's website, etc etc.

Also, Affleck is a better actor than Bale by a fairly large margin.

Posted Image

Have to really disagree with you on that, Brian.

Should we assume that the Natural is dead?

Nope.

CM Punk's website looks shockingly low-tech. Hell, the screens I take are of a far better quality. Also, Affleck as Batman has potential - I'm willing to at least give it a shot before saying he'll doom everything. I don't see that happening just with this movie since the Nolan/Bale flicks got Batman a LOT of cred in Hollywood. It isn't like with Batman/Returns/Forever/B&R where you had two good-to-great ones and then a huge drop-off. Batman on film can survive one dud and perhaps not be re-re-re-booted.

Good lord, you're all a bunch of whiny little Internet bitches.  

There's nothing wrong with this.  I actually kind of like it.

I mean look at you all... YOU MADE ME "LIKE" A BIGFRESH POST!!!!  WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU ALL!!!!

• Like 1

Whether or not Affleck is a talented actor is irrelevant. He is terribly suited to be Batman, or any role that requires him to be an "action star" type. Case in point, "Paycheck". I've never seen such an unconvincing bad ass.

Daredevil, the Director's Cut.  Your argument becomes invaild.