The Natural

Here is the fairest ranking:

The Dark Knight

Iron Man

Batman Begins

The Dark Knight Rises

Iron Man 3

Iron Man 2

Batman Begins is a Fine Batman movie, The Dark Knight is a fine action movie. The Dark Knight Rises is a mess.If I must:The Dark KnightIron ManBatman BeginsIron Man 3Iron Man 2The Dark Knight Rises

Closest too these two.

The Dark Knight

Iron Man

Batman Begins

Iron Man 3

The Dark Knight Rises

Iron Man 2

Well, if everyone is doing this, I'll give it a shot, too.

The Dark Knight

Batman Begins / Iron Man (Tie)

The Dark Knight Rises

Iron Man 2

Iron Man 3

There were a lof of problems with TDKR, but overall I would still call it a great movie. It might have helped that I saw it in a ginormous IMAX theatre in New York.

I never disliked Iron Man 2 as much as most people, always thought it was a pretty good film. Iron Man 3 was probably not a worse movie than Iron Man 2, but I just came away with a feeling of "Meh, been there done that" after seeing the movie.

All this talk of which film is better, and you're all missing one off the list. So, in honur of the Natural's love of listing things in the order of how much you like them, here's Iron Man movies and Nolan-Bats movies in order of how much I like them:

THE AVENGERS

The Dark Knight

Iron Man

Batman Begins

Iron Man 3

Iron Man 2

The Dark Knight Rises.

I'll rank the solo films:

1. The Dark Knight

2. Batman Begins

3. Iron Man

4. The Dark Knight Rises

5. Iron Man 3

6. Iron Man 2

THE AVENGERS doesn't count because:

1) as a standalone movie, it was not very good

2) every other movie is a solo film, so it's like comparing an apple to a fruit salad.

1) Yes it was (very good).

2) I like Apples more than I like Fruit Salad. Not sure why you won't let me compare them, though.

The Avengers is a film that has Iron Man in, so therefore when discussing films with Iron Man in, you can discuss it. Maybe I should have listed the Incredible Hulk as well...

I finally got around to watching the TDKR last week and I liked it alright.

The bad guys' plan's a little iffy.  Hanging around for months to wait on a bomb to go boom is pretty dumb.

Government gave up way too easily considering they could've inserted troops via air or water.  Bane didn't have enough men to canvas every entry point into a harbor city that large.

Bale's Batman voice was still ridiculous.  Bane's voice was even more ridiculous.  No way his henchmen understood all his orders.  No explanation for him being so freakishly strong either.

Liked the twist with the French broad a lot.  Liked that Batman went out like a hero to the people.  Didn't like the end scene at the French cafe.  Would've preferred his fate be left open ended.

It's not great by any means but it's not the worst Batman movie I've ever seen either.  I like it more than Batman Begins and it didn't feel as plodding as the other two.  All of them are way too damn long and I thought the second could've easily been cut into two separate films.  Doubt I'll ever watch any of them again.

So much of Avengers' is set up in the solo films.  I saw it without seeing Thor so characters in the opening scene lacked relevance to me.  By itself it's an enjoyable Hulk showcase.  You need the Marvel produced solo films to get the full picture but even then the plot's still pretty flimsy.

New rumour today about the next Batman film...

Warner Bros., which had previously had a live-action Batman Beyond movie in development before going with Christopher Nolan's Batman reboot, is now said to be kicking around resurrecting their feature film adaptation of the animated TV series.

(In case you somehow forgot, the animated series saw an aging Bruce Wayne train his successor, 17-year-old high-school student Terry McGinnis, to protect Gotham City in the 21st century.)

Batman-on-Film claims that such a movie is back "on the table" and that it would have nothing to do with the Nolan Batman universe, which is now done for good.

What would a Batman Beyond film mean for what if any plans Warner Bros. might have for a larger DC universe on the big screen? As BoF suggests, the "'in his prime' Bruce Wayne Batman could potentially be in a team-up film, while the aged and retired Bruce Wayne Batman would be the version of the same character in the Beyond solo films. Think 'non-linear' -- same Batman, different time periods."

Credit: ign.com

Well, going in this direction would differentiate between Nolan's take and this new start more than any other would. I've always liked Batman of the Future but never thought it would make the big screen. Kevin Conroy for old Bruce Wayne, make it so!

I still think we'll be getting Batman as Bruce Wayne but the tone of which, I don't know.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

I'd love something with a tone similar to Morrison's run.  Not the plot, just the big crazy anything might happen "No, not Man-Bat.  Man-Bats.  Ninja Man-Bats.  That's an alarming twist" tone.

• Like 1

Five years ago today, still the best midnight screening I've been to. I don't think I'll forget the fake Batman slamming against the window and the entire theater jumping.

We had to wait a week later in the UK for The Dark Knight but I managed to get two tickets to the first showing in proper IMAX. It's the best screening I've ever gone to as well. Only film I've seen twice at a cinema.

Bane never came off even slightly threatening to me, possibly because I was giggling about his incredibly stupid voice every time he talked. 

Oh come on, man.  When Bane killed that soldier by putting his knee in the guys neck and resting his weight on it, the entire theater I was in went silent.

Bane was more than slightly threatening.  Dude was a fucking monster.

Oh come on, man.  When Bane killed that soldier by putting his knee in the guys neck and resting his weight on it, the entire theater I was in went silent.

Bane was more than slightly threatening.  Dude was a fucking monster.

Connery-on-acid voice aside, Hardy and Cotillard were the best part of The Dark Knight Rises for me. 

Literally the only moment from Hardy that registered with me as anything other than absurd was him staring at Talia near the end, when he didn't speak, and his eyes carried the performance.  In a lot of ways, that made me mad, because it makes me feel that the horrible stupid voice robbed me of seeing what might have been a really great performance by Hardy, and instead delivered to me one of my least favorite villains in any comic movie ever.

We have news!

Zack Snyder arrived at Warner Bros.' Hall H panel to a hugely positive reaction from fans, immediately telling them that he was there to confirm a Man of Steel sequel. After teasing fans by saying that there was only one thing he could reveal about follow-up, he brought Henry Lennox out to read something pertaining to the movie. "I want you to remember Clark in all the years to come. In all your private moments. In all the years to come, my hand at your throat. I want you to remember, the one man who beat you." That's right, it's a quote from Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns! Snyder would then go on to confirm Superman/Batman, adding that the classic story will inform the movie. Below is the press release in full.

BURBANK, CA, July 20, 2013 – On the heels of the worldwide success of “Man of Steel,” director Zack Snyderis bringing together the two greatest Super Heroes of all time—Batman and Superman—for the first time on the big screen. The announcement was made today by Greg Silverman, President, Creative Development and Worldwide Production, and Sue Kroll, President, Worldwide Marketing and International Distribution,Warner Bros. Pictures.

The current hit, “Man of Steel,” has taken in more than $630 million at the worldwide box office to date, and climbing. Along with its star, Henry Cavill, the upcomingfilm brings back Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane. The new Batman has yet to be cast.

Snyder is co-writing the story with David S. Goyer, who will then pen the screenplay. Production is expected to begin in 2014, with an anticipated release date inSummer 2015.

Silverman stated, “Zack Snyder is an incredibly talented filmmaker, but beyond that, he’s a fan first and he utterly gets this genre. We could not think of anyone better suited to the task of bringing these iconic Super Heroes to the screen in his own way.” Kroll added, “We are thrilled to be back in business with Zack and his team on this next movie. The success of ‘Man of Steel’ is a wonderful testament to the love and support that both fans and new audiences, worldwide, have for these characters. We are very excited to see what Zack has in store for all of us.”

Diane Nelson, President, DC Entertainment, noted, “Superman and Batman together on the big screen is a dream come true for DC fans everywhere. All of us at DC Entertainment could not be more excited for Zack’s continuing vision for the DC Universe.”

Zack Snyder, who made a surprise appearance at Comic-Con today, breaking the news to audiences there, later said, “I’m so excited to begin working again with Henry Cavill in the world we created, and I can’t wait to expand the DC Universe in this next chapter. Let’s face it, it’s beyond mythological to have Superman and our new Batman facing off, since they are the greatest Super Heroes in the world.”

The new film brings back Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder as producers. This time, Christopher Nolan and Emma Thomas are serving as executive producers, along with Benjamin Melniker and Michael E. Uslan.

Thomas offered, “Whilst our ‘Dark Knight’ trilogy is complete, we have every confidence that Zack’s fresh interpretation will take the character in a new and exciting direction. His vision for Superman opened the door to a whole new universe and we can’t wait to see what Zack does with these characters.”

The film is based on Superman characters created by Jerry Siegel & Joe Shuster, and Batman characters created by Bob Kane, published by DC Entertainment

Credit: comicbookmovie.com

One of my best friends texted me about the news last night. Didn't think they would go in this direction. My first choice would be a solo Batman film, still looking forward to the film. Now the news, rumours and discussion begins!