DVDVR Message Board

The Idiocy of Donald Sterling

Josh Mann

So, this gets a life time ban, but a lifetime of racism and discrimination gets nothing?  For real, this is minor when compared to everything else he's done. 

While on the surface this looks like a reaction to one 10 minute conversation - I would say banning him for life is covering everything else.

OVER REACH by the commish, and he's gonna be smacked down for it. . .

I might be completely wrong, but although he is an evil and racist slimebag, from what I have read on the various websites, that does not appear to be illegal. . .

And the NBA is not a court of law.

He agreed to certain provisions when he bought an NBA team, one of which is "Yeah we can fine you/ban you/kick you out if we want."

• Like 2

Can't the NBA just basically force the Lakers and Clippers swap rosters as punishment.  I'm sure if the NBA had the choice of which NBA team in the playoffs with all of the young superstars they would rather it be the more high profile Lakers team.

And the idiots in Seattle are all flocking to the cause now.. "We have an ownership group all ready right here!" 0 chance the Clippers leave town.

I'd say there is a small chance, but it would take a while for the lease to expire in staples. IF they pry the Clips from Sterling and family, the bidding war for the Clips is going to be insane. . .

Man, Wade deserved so much more since Nexus ended since he made that so many people look past such a shitty logo with shitty 70's sitcom font.

But really, Silver dropping the hammer is like the best commissioner thing ever.

So, this gets a life time ban, but a lifetime of racism and discrimination gets nothing?  For real, this is minor when compared to everything else he's done. 

While on the surface this looks like a reaction to one 10 minute conversation - I would say banning him for life is covering everything else.

I get it, but the conversation for this event and others like the whole Paula Deen thing is going to be, he said something racist and everyone jumped on with outrage.  The conversation should be, these people were evil fucking scumbags who went out of their way to discriminate to people every step of the way.  Somehow the racist things people do are always overshadowed by their much less important racist comments.  I'm sure everyone has said something racist in their life, and while they shouldn't say those things, I'm much more worried about the actions of these people.  Yet, no one else seems to think their actions are that important.  Do you realize how destructive housing discrimination is?  The murder rate in Chicago is ridiculous, but it gets worse when you realize how none of the hospitals in the worst neighborhoods have trauma centers.  So if someone gets shot, they have to go across the city before they can be treated.  How many of those murder victims would have lived if they had a hospital could treat them?  If black people can't get retn or buy houses in better neighborhoods, how can they have access to better schools?  There is a "This American Life" episode about housing discrimination and how George Romney was basically blackballed from American politics because he tried to fight the systematic segregation of neighborhoods.  He was the Governer of Michigan during the racial riots in Detroit in the 60s, and realized that most of the problems that were going on were based on black people not having access to opportunities to improve their lives.  This shit was in the 60s, and most of the major cities in this country are still mostly segregated. So when history tells this story and they say he got banned for life for making racist comments on a phone call, it is once again going to not address the real issue with Donald Sterling.

• Like 7