DVDVR Message Board

2014 NBA OFFSEASON

RIPPA

I just read it, amazing story. Vintage Jason Kidd though, he's never ever going to learn. I thought he'd at least grow out of this shit by now. I'm surprised Prokhorov didn't have him disposed of and dumped in the River.

I hurt myself today...

anigif_enhanced-buzz-6863-1387487310-6.g

to see if I still feel.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-16436-1387492103-8.

I focus on the pain

anigif_enhanced-buzz-18987-1387491203-5.

The only thing that's real

anigif_enhanced-buzz-19227-1387492352-2.

The needle tears a hole

anigif_enhanced-buzz-10189-1387490213-3.

The old familiar sting

anigif_enhanced-buzz-19234-1387490107-15

Try to kill it all away.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-9805-1387487463-8.g

But I remember.. everything.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-8194-1384890871-30.

They will re-sign.  They will.  They will. . .

• Like 4

In a way it's reassuring to know that the new Bucks' ownership is just as incompetent as the old.  But at least they'll swing for the fences with their stupidity.  Christ.

The kicker is that they'll probably end up sending at least one first round pick to Brooklyn as compensation.  No way that will bite them in the ass.

All these coaches vs. management stories and the ongoing coaching carousel are reconfirming to me the outcries of "player loyalty" in the NBA are overplayed.

Jason Kidd has been in or done so much shady shit in his career yet he keeps bouncing back and getting better and better opportunities in the league.  Shout out to his agent and/or manager.

Its amusing that all these coaching hires and additional coaching problems like Kidd have gone on and the Lakers still don't have a coach. I'm still betting on B-Scott to get the job.

The Suns have joined the Lebron-Melo rumor mill.

Part of the reason Mark Jackson got fired was because of his power plays. Is this a habit among young players-turned-coaches?

As a player, making some sort of power grab early on makes sense. As soon as the league thinks you're a great player or positive leader or the like, it's time to grab some influence. Kidd certainly had that with the Nets.

But coaching is a different game. These guys cut the line. That already breeds a lot of jealousy among lifer assistants and the like. Golden State was such a mess the one of the assistants was caught taping conversations. And that's with a roster that seems like it's filled with quality dudes -- all the drama was with the staff.

Bottom line is that I wouldn't touch a coach who hasn't been an assistant first. Just knowing how to play that game a bit goes a long way.

I'm scared how much power they'd give him. It's not like they've fired the GM or coach yet. He could get a scary amount of power.

And if you believe some of the talking heads he was upset that he was making less the the two big new hires (Kerr, Fisher) and if that doesn't make you laugh he also didn't understand why guys like (Doc and SVG) have more power in there teams then he did.

Jason Kidd will be the next head coach of the Milwaukee Bucks if the Brooklyn Nets agree to the Bucks' terms of a 2015 second-round draft pick in exchange for Kidd, a source with direct knowledge told ESPN Sunday.

The source said the Bucks offered a second-round pick, but the Nets wanted a 2015 first-round pick in exchange, a negotiating chip the Bucks originally dismissed.

"If the Nets agree then there will be a deal, if they don't then (the Bucks) are comfortable moving on and there will be nothing further to talk about," said the source. "The only thing (the Bucks) would give them is a second-round pick. They want a first. In the next 24 hours, there will either be a deal or there won't be a deal."