DVDVR Message Board

Richards is hot garbage. Twice now he's been demoted to the 4th line in playoff runs by two different coaches. He is being paid a large sum of money by the New York Rangers to not play for them. He's done.

In saying that, I fully expect Vancouver to sign both him and Ryan Miller to kill off any remaining desire I want to watch them or associate with them.

Man, the draft is this Friday already. Where the hell did June go? Predictions? What does the top ten look like? Do Florida and/or the Islanders move their picks? If so, with whom?

Friedman reports that Vancouver has offered something like the 6th, Shinkaruk, and something extra. Burrows could be the last piece - but does he waive for Florida? I'd do it but after reading some articles on Reinhart's production, I'm very high on him. Shinkaruk could be a very good goal scorer in the league but it's more likely he's a flop. Burrows' value is at an all time low but that contract looks ugly and it's time to move on from 2011. The opposing viewpoint is that this year's draft isn't really top heavy and you can get value at six. Reinhart's production comparisons in the CHL don't make sense because he was older than most of them and he isn't even the #1 consensus player in the draft. William Nylander has the chance to be a higher end player and the gap between Nylander and Reinhart isn't worth Shinkaruk and Burrows/whomever.

My mock top 10:

1. Panthers pick Ekblad

2. Sabres pick Reinhart

3. Edmonton picks Draisaitl

4. Flames go off the board and pick Ritchie. Burke claims he's the best player in the draft and they had him at #1.

5. Islanders pick Bennett

6. Canucks pick Dal Colle

7. Huricanes pick Ehlers

8. Leafs pick Virtanen

9. Jets pick Fleury

10. Ducks pick Nylander

Canucks brass have made it pretty clear they're very high on the local boys, Reinhart and Virtanen, but if they were to pass on Dal Colle for Virtanen... I don't even...

Markov re-signs with the Habs for three years at $5.75 million per. It's a 35+ deal and with his injury history it's a risk.

Desjardins will be interesting. I'm content with the hire. Jim Benning is hilarious in front of the camera. Wandering eyes, dropping "y'knows" and "likes" as if they're going out of style, and he was sweating profusely at the initial interview/press conference combo. Of course, it's all meaningless but I enjoy the idiosyncrasies, regardless.

I don't get it. Neither guy is great value with their shart contracts but Hartnell just put up 52 points.

Edit: holy shit! I've got it! Benning looks like Al Lewis as Dracula from The Munsters without makeup!

4. Flames go off the board and pick Ritchie. Burke claims he's the best player in the draft and they had him at #1.

God, I hope not. I've actually liked Burke as Flames GM so far. It would be a shame for him to go and ruin that now.

McKenzie's final rankings. The article on TSN's homepage is really negative towards this year's draft saying the forwards in the top five will likely be second liners, maybe first liners if they really pan out. Interesting.

Every draft is always "really great" in the years ahead of time, and then "a weak draft year" during the actual draft. I stopped paying attention.

Final regular season game at the Nassau Colliseum will be against Columbus. Would it have killed the league to have put the Oilers in that spot instead?

Speaking of the Oilers, is this the last year at Rexal? That and the Colliseum are the last old style barns left, shame both will soon be gone. Atmosphere at these modern arenas just Isn't the same.

That concourse is a complete sardine can in the old building. Every time I go there now I'm struck by how claustrophobic some people must get in there ever since they started putting in suites that ate up all that space a thousand years ago.

I won't even bother getting in merch lines if I go there for a concert. Shit is ridiculous. If I wanted to be in the pit beatin' up teenagers I'd have paid extra for my ticket.

The Nikitin thing played out like I figured. We got the 2 year deal, paid $4.5 a year to get it. Of course he's not really worth that, but again the cap keeps going up, I am more concerned with term than price right now. And the term was right.

Well the Rangers fans thinking they could get Ryan Callahan back are going to be disappointed

He signed (or is it technically re-signed) with the Lightning - 6 years, $34.8 million, full no-trade the first 4 years

$6 million next season, $6.4 million in 2015-16, $6.5 million in 2016-18 and $4.7 million in the final two seasons of the deal.

And for the people thinking Nikita Nikitin getting $4.5 million per season from the Oilers is the craziest thing they'll hear all day, LA just re-signed Marian Gaborik for another not 3, not 4, not even 5, no not 6, but 7 SEASONS!

• Like 1